Just off the Magic

nflvikings1

My cruise was awesome. I just have a favorite dessert. I'm sorry for commenting.

Don't be sorry. That's what this board is here for. People just tend to get attacked if they come on and just make a negative post.

Glad to hear the cruise was AWESOME!!!!!

Any pictures you want to share?:D

WOW! The attack hounds came out early today!

Too bad, that tends to prevent others from expressing themselves. We too find MDR food as well as Luby's of the Sea (the buffet) less than exciting..that is why we budget the Steakhouse. Now that is my opinion, so spread the anger my way, I can take it.

My cruise was awesome. I just have a favorite dessert. I'm sorry for commenting.

I also love the bitter and blanc but I found it odd that you said the "American Table menu was not even decent" just because of the absence of that one item. Seems a little extreme to me.

Edited by Jana60

7 days of the main dining room. No bitter n blanc. American Table menu is not even decent.

Lots of people who travel, look forward to great food. I don't always love cruise food. I do appreciate your candid feedback. Could you reply and let us know what you did in port? I leave in two weeks! Thanks.

Here's the recipe in case you want to sweeten the sour taste left in your mouth. Enjoy.

Bitter & Blanc Chocolate Brioche pudding 4 portions

Ingredients Quantity

Egg yolk 8 oz

Sugar 5.5oz

Brioche bread 32 oz ( 1 loaf ) Heavy cream 450 ml

White chocolate 20 oz

Butter 8 oz

Meringue :

Egg whites 6 oz

Sugar 4 oz

For Vanilla sauce :

Milk 200 ml

Sugar 2 oz

Corn flour 0.5 oz

Egg yolks 2 ea

Vanilla extract few drops

For greasing :

Butter 2 oz

Sugar 3 oz

Ganache 4 oz

METHOD :

• Remove the sides of the brioche bread, cut into dices & soak in cream.

• Melt the chocolate with butter & keep aside.

• In a mixing bowl, cream sugar & yolk, add the melted chocolate on slow speed.

• Add the bread & cream, mix well.

• In a separate bowl, prepare meringue & fold into the bread mixture.

• Grease the soufflé cup, put one spoon of ganache on the base, portion out the pudding mixture, keep aside.

• Bake at 180 f for 45 mins. Remove, dust with powdered sugar & serve with vanilla sauce.

Vanilla sauce : Boil milk and sugar.

Cream yolk and corn flour, whisk in the milk, add vanilla extract and

Cook on slow heat till it reaches a coating consistency strain.

Lots of people who travel, look forward to great food. I don't always love cruise food. I do appreciate your candid feedback. Could you reply and let us know what you did in port? I leave in two weeks! Thanks.

I got excited about my cruise, and misread your cruise ship's name. We are heading out on the Miracle. Sorry.

Ignore the haters. Everyone cruises for different reasons. The food is important to me and I appreciate your comment.

Those who say they can always find something to eat obviously don't cruise for the food, or they wouldn't set such a low bar. Glad their expectations are being met in other areas.

Ignore the haters. Everyone cruises for different reasons. The food is important to me and I appreciate your comment.

Those who say they can always find something to eat obviously don't cruise for the food, or they wouldn't set such a low bar. Glad their expectations are being met in other areas.

Really???:rolleyes:

There are a TON of choices. If you don't like the MDR, you have the following choices:

Steakhouse

Cucina Del Capitano

Pizza

Room Service

Lido

And, NO, we don't cruise for the food. What do you expect when they are cooking for 4000 passengers?

But somehow, we have survived.:rolleyes:

Did you buy any of the new internet packages?

If so, how were they?

Thank you for your thread. I for one, do really look forward to the MDR food and specialty restaurants. Some of the new choices on the American Menu don't look very good (to me).

Thank you.

Don't be sorry! I sailed on the Glory in April. We only ate in the MDR 3 nights but I also was very disappointed that Bitter n Blanc was not on the menu the entire cruise. I liked the new American Table menu the nights we went but was sad not to have my favorite dessert. People always rave about the WCMC and I don't like it but I love bitter n blanc!!

First formal night will be Monday, the first full sea day. Second will be Friday or Saturday depending on whether you have two sea days at the beginning or at the end.

We like to book the steakhouse the first night since most ships offer a bottle of house wine free, and more importantly sell the other wines at half price that night.

I also REALLY missed the Bitter N Blanc 2 weeks ago on the Magic. :(

I found most of the desserts on the American Menu not very good. Most of them were inexpensive "pudding type" desserts like you find on the Lido.

Did you even try any of them? I found the Creme Brule was exceptional, the Passion Fruit Flan was exceptional, all of the pies were exceptional, the souffles were exceptional, the chocolate melting cake (if ordered a little more done) is an excellent dessert, many of the cakes are done very well, and if all else fails, you can order the banana split from the kids menu any night. To me Bitter and Blanc is nothing but bread pudding with a fancy name, tried it once and it is nothing special.