Ordering a drink with a beverae package....??

maikypr

If you purchase a beverage package (I'm considering the Premium), do you have to let each waiter/bartender know about about it each time you order a drink or will they automatically know about my beverage package because it is specified on the Seapass card? Thank you for your help!

If you purchase a beverage package (I'm considering the Premium), do you have to let each waiter/bartender know about about it each time you order a drink or will they automatically know about my beverage package because it is specified on the Seapass card? Thank you for your help!

They will know from the sticker on your SeaPass card, and it is also noted in your onboard account.

If you purchase a beverage package (I'm considering the Premium), do you have to let each waiter/bartender know about about it each time you order a drink

No, BUT you do have to watch them like a hawk. Yes, you get a sticker, but that doesn't always mean it will be charged appropriately. Sometimes they charge you for drinks that should be included in your package, and other times they won't charge you for ones that shouldn't be (... until 4 nights when you order the same thing from a the third server to get the order)...

Sometimes its a very good idea to make sure that the bartender agrees that whatever it is you've ordered is included in your package, whatever it is.

Do you need to add a tip ?

Tips are included in the package.

You'll have to give them your sea pass card each time you order a drink and sign receipt.

I'm so close to the break even point that I would buy the package if I knew I didn't have to sign slips. The difference would be worth the convenience but it appears that the policy is different from ship to ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had a few bartenders after a couple days just give me a drink and not even swipe my card. They just say we're good. Which I don't understand because it's not like I'm getting a free drink or anything because I bought the package. Maybe they hate the slips too.

I've had a few bartenders after a couple days just give me a drink and not even swipe my card. They just say we're good. Which I don't understand because it's not like I'm getting a free drink or anything because I bought the package. Maybe they hate the slips too.

One reason that they might be more likely to swipe cards at the beginning of the cruise is that they allow you to cancel the package up to some point. When you cancel, you get all your money for the package back, but then they charge you individually for each drink you had.

I don't think that's accurate. They keep all the slips tips or not.

Actually they only keep the ones that someone put a tip on. The others they toss and that is commonly observed.

Think of this in another way. Any place you go, that a server has the abilitlity to get tipped more than the amount, would it be in the server's best interest to give the opportunity to the customer by handing them the slip. Yes, I think it's a pain, but look at it from the other side.

Actually they only keep the ones that someone put a tip on. The others they toss and that is commonly observed.

Think of this in another way. Any place you go, that a server has the abilitlity to get tipped more than the amount, would it be in the server's best interest to give the opportunity to the customer by handing them the slip. Yes, I think it's a pain, but look at it from the other side.

They do keep them ALL in a bucket I've never seen any bartender throw them out. But I will def find out how it works Sunday.

I don't think that's accurate. They keep all the slips tips or not.

I wasn't stating if they kept the receipts or not. I was just saying that you don't have to sign unless your leaving a non cash tip. If the bill is 0... there is nothing to sign for.

As far as what they do with the receipts, on my cruise a few years ago most of the bar tenders just threw them away.

I wasn't stating if they kept the receipts or not. I was just saying that you don't have to sign unless your leaving a non cash tip. If the bill is 0... there is nothing to sign for.

As far as what they do with the receipts, on my cruise a few years ago most of the bar tenders just threw them away.

I just put a line through the extra grats and sign. I doubt a bartender would do it but You never know if someone will just fill a tip in.

The only time you actually need to sign the receipt is if you add a non cash tip. Most bar tenders will hand you the receipt but you don't have to sign it.

On Vision at the coffee/ice cream place, we had to sign the screen even for the included drinks with our Replenish packages. There was no option to just walk away. Nor would I just hand back a slip handed to me. You sign it to indicate that YOU bought it.

I'm so close to the break even point that I would buy the package if I knew I didn't have to sign slips. The difference would be worth the convenience but it appears that the policy is different from ship to ship.

And from place to place on the ship, server to server, and sometimes moment to moment.

Just with Replenish, on Freedom we were supposed to sign slips for included coffee and waters every time for about the first two days, and then it went to about 50/50. Same servers.

On Vision it was every time, when we bought from the coffee/ice cream place, because of the card swiper thing; it's not a slip of paper there.

No, BUT you do have to watch them like a hawk. Yes, you get a sticker, but that doesn't always mean it will be charged appropriately. Sometimes they charge you for drinks that should be included in your package, and other times they won't charge you for ones that shouldn't be (... until 4 nights when you order the same thing from a the third server to get the order)...

Sometimes its a very good idea to make sure that the bartender agrees that whatever it is you've ordered is included in your package, whatever it is.

I've heard this before and don't understand. If I got charged extra for a drink I'd probably refuse the drink and have them remake it

I've heard this before and don't understand. If I got charged extra for a drink I'd probably refuse the drink and have them remake it

Well, that's fine, but the bartender can't take the charge off of your seapass account. You still have to go to guest services to have the problem dealt with, whether you refuse the drink or not.

Sometimes you get a good assistant at guest services, and sometimes this can be a real hassle. Better to confirm with the bartender BEFORE they take your order.

Well, that's fine, but the bartender can't take the charge off of your seapass account. You still have to go to guest services to have the problem dealt with, whether you refuse the drink or not.

Sometimes you get a good assistant at guest services, and sometimes this can be a real hassle. Better to confirm with the bartender BEFORE they take your order.

That's what a good concierge can help you with

That's what a good concierge can help you with

And assuming that there is no line at guest services, and assuming that your account is being handled by a relatively experienced clerk, and assuming that clerk agrees with you that red-bull is included in the package and agrees to take it off your account...none of which are guaranteed, since RCCL refuses to post anything substantive in writing on their website or aboard their ships, let alone properly training their staff on the matter...

The whole procedure would only be 4-6 times more arduous than uttering the words "that's included in my package, right?" while ordering....But I guess if you LIKE wasting your time standing in lines waiting to complain about things like that, it's not a big deal.

Some people prefer to relax on their vacations.

Edited by Diplomacy