Tuggers - Back From The (almost) Dead And Going Cruising

tuggers

I certainly did not mean to start a fire storm but I guess I did. Thank you all for the support.

I do look on this as a community of like minded people many of whom have become friends of long standing. Some are more like family. And I believe that view of CC is one held by the majority of the posters on here.

I took my first X cruise in October 2002, found out about CC and have been a contributor ever since. I was pretty

dumb those first few cruises but with help from CC I learned the ropes pretty quickly. And I learned that most of us on here are kind to each other. Cruise Critic is a pretty good place to hang out.

Sorry to drift off cruises but I just returned from 5 days in Deerfield Beach Florida. Went down for a high school reunion. We had almost 200 attending and I diffidently drank too much, talked too much, danced too much and generally had WAY too much fun! Too bad I had to end it by driving 400 miles home. I'm still tired! :rolleyes:

Yes, I will be doing a 'Live From' for Summit Oct 18th and 24th cruises.

I get a full day in Tortola on each cruise so you will have to listen to me rave about my favorite place on earth. And this time I'm going to scope out a weekly rental for a 2016

stay. Fingers crossed that will work out. :D

I get a full day in Tortola on each cruise so you will have to listen to me rave about my favorite place on earth. And this time I'm going to scope out a weekly rental for a 2016

Well, if you get over to the Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke (on either trip) -- please have a Painkiller for me! :D

Yes, I will be doing a 'Live From' for Summit Oct 18th and 24th cruises.

Love Tortola! Weren't they upgrading the pier area there? Please report. Thanks.

Linda

Linda, I understand that's why X hasn't been there in almost a year. They were extending and upgrading the pier to accommodate more ships. That's why we will now be there from 8:30 to 5:30 (which is heaven for me!) in place of the 8:30 to 2:30 we did in the past. Once it was even 2 PM! Horrors!

As for Jost Van Dyke I may not make it there (I'm a Cane Garden girl) but I promise to have Painkillers for you where ever I go! Yummy!

Just another reason to use private E-mail or facebook, etc to post individual or personal concerns. I look to the boards for cruising items.

Well, isn't it great for you that Tuggers posts in purple. You can easily skip over her great posts.

Tuggers, I love your packing strategy! I'm the same. I HATE packing and every cruise I book, I'm going to finish packing at least 3 days before leaving, but it never happens. I'm shoving stuff in at 11PM and the clock is set for 3AM!! I wonder if we kept our suitcases permanently packed? Refill everything when we get home and launder stuff to go right back in the suitcase. Might try that sometime............

Looking forward to your live report. I've never been to Tortola.

Edited by TeaBag

Hey, they weren't ALL my fault! :rolleyes: And if you'll notice, I was the only one who got hurt!!:D So I think you're safe sailing with me!

One other thing happened and I can't believe I forgot this one. My baby, Sarge (German Shepherd) blew out his 'knee' and had to have it replaced. Trust me, I could have taken at least two or three cruises on what that cost! But I don't begrudge a penny of that because he's healthy now. Love my babies!

If I didn't say it before: Summit (with the WOMAN Captain)

October 18th and 24th.

We just sailed Summit on Captain Kate's 1st voyage as Master of the Ship. You'll love her. We were honored to be invited to dine at her 1st Captain's Table, along with her husband who was on board on vacation.

I'm going to give this early packing thing another go today. At least get the suitcases out and start assembling what I need to take.

Probably won't get much done. I spent Monday at the hospital getting those GI tests done. They are still trying to find out something about my swallowing problem. Wanted to get to bed early but my stomach ache got me up. No sleep for me. Maybe I can catch a nap later today.

I have to go get hair and nails touched up. I just had them done last week for my high school reunion (which was GREAT) but I won't be going home till around Nov 5th so best to get some touch-ups.

Also have to make the Wal-Mart trip to replenish small toothpastes, shampoo, etc.

And i keep forgetting that I'll need long sleeves and long pants for the first few days out of Bayonne. I hear it's in the 50's in New Jersey. Be glad when we're down in the warm weather.

And i keep forgetting that I'll need long sleeves and long pants for the first few days out of Bayonne. I hear it's in the 50's in New Jersey. Be glad when we're down in the warm weather.

Yes, unfortunately, the coldest weather of the season is about to hit us this weekend. Lows in the high 30s and highs in the mid-50s. Which is about 11 degrees BELOW average.

I'm very glad you're feeling better and you're going on this cruise. I'm most glad that I'm going too! It's been way too long since I've been able to go on a cruise with you. I totally agree with what others have said, while this is a cruise board, it's also way more than that. In some ways we're a family and I like getting updates on how everyone is doing.

Terri

Edited by teedee

What is the saying: The road to hell is paved with good intentions? Well, that's me. I tried SO hard to be packed ahead of time but it just never works for me. I got the suitcases out. I even lied to my best friend and told her I was 'almost' packed. Somehow two pair of underwear and a new toothbrush really doesn't count as 'almost' to anyone.

Last night I was so tired from running around and doing last minute things that I took a nap from midnight to 3 AM. I've now had a 5 hour energy shot (the extra strong version) and have started on a pot of coffee. I've washed one load of clothes and got the ironing board out. That's progress, right?

I wanted to leave here by 8 so I have 3 hours to get completely packed, clean out my trunk (made a trip to Costco this week), load my suitcases, shower and get dressed. Prayers are badly needed but I don't know how many of you are actually up at 5 AM.

Sorry I lied Judy but you did desert me April 1st two years ago when you moved to Florida. If you still lived here you would have been at my house cracking the whip and I would be further along. Just so you know. :rolleyes:

Edited by tuggers