Is this a better option

lbfluffy

It's funny. My wife feels that if she can't feel the motion then what's the sense of being on a ship. Our first Princess cruise was the 14-day Los Angeles-Hawaii round tripper. More than once on that cruise she mentioned that she was disappointed that we never seemed to sail through big waves. Finally, I told her, "That's why they call it the 'Pacific' Ocean. 'Pacific' means 'Peaceful.'" One of these days we are going to have to take a North Atlantic crossing.

Our favorite cabin on the 4 Princess ships we've been on is the very most forward one on the starboard side on the Aloha Deck--A201. Once, we had that cabin booked, and, a few weeks before, sailing we received an all out-of-breath e-mail from Princess that we had been "upgraded." Well the "upgraded" cabin was on the Baja Deck amidship. The floorplan and balcony were exactly the same as A201. I called Princess and asked if they could downgrade us back to our original cabin. No problema. I assume that whoever was given our cabin received one of those "You've been upgraded" e-mails.

:D

We discovered one of the more surprising consequences of having a very forward cabin on an Alaska cruise a couple years ago. On the first night out (from San Francisco) at about 3:00 am, I guess we encountered fog, because that horn woke me up pretty effectively. Once you realize what it is, it's no big deal. Well, OK, it is something of a deal. Getting back to sleep is nontrivial with that horn going off every two minutes. I'm pretty sure that it is louder in the forward balcony cabins than most other locations on the ship.

Leaving next weekend for a California Costal cruise--in cabin A201.

I hate forward cabins. Move as often as you can towards the center or the aft of the ship. You will not regret it.

Thank you. I keep checking. I thought my original cabin 107 was still cushioned by cabins. I know this is only 4 cabins back, but I thought closer to stairs was better.