Affordable cruise parking in New Orleans

omadutchess

Probably the best deal you're going to find is roof top parking at Fulton St Garage. Should be about $8 per day. Everything else is going to be quite a bit higher. We pay about $120 for a 7 night cruise, but it is someplace that we know and like. Fulton will almost certainly be your best deal and they will shuttle you to and from the pier.

Probably the best deal you're going to find is roof top parking at Fulton St Garage. Should be about $8 per day. Everything else is going to be quite a bit higher. We pay about $120 for a 7 night cruise, but it is someplace that we know and like. Fulton will almost certainly be your best deal and they will shuttle you to and from the pier.

Fulton also has covered parking for $10/day

Not sure where you're driving in from, but we did a b2b a couple of years ago and decided to do 2 one way car rentals. Rented the car in our home city, drove to NOLA, dropped off the rental car. When we got back from the cruise, took a cab to the airport and picked up a new rental.

Not sure where you're driving in from, but we did a b2b a couple of years ago and decided to do 2 one way car rentals. Rented the car in our home city, drove to NOLA, dropped off the rental car. When we got back from the cruise, took a cab to the airport and picked up a new rental.

How much did that cost? We were thinking of doing that as we also are doing a b2b in Sept, but have heard that doing 1 way car rentals is much more expensive than round trip.

This is what the Fulton Street Garage website is saying though....am I missing something? Do porters load luggage here?

2 Hours: $6

8 Hours: $10

24 Hours $20

24 Hours: $20

Event

I'm not sure where you got that but if you go to https://www.neworleansparking.com/ you should be able to find the other rates.

They have people who load luggage into a shuttle that takes you over to the cruise port where they unload the luggage and the porters at the terminal take it from there.

How much did that cost? We were thinking of doing that as we also are doing a b2b in Sept, but have heard that doing 1 way car rentals is much more expensive than round trip.

They are more expensive, but for our situation, it still worked out. We were 2 couples and would have had to take 2 cars given the size of our cars and luggage. We rented a minivan, so it was a little pricier, but more comfortable. I think it was about a $100 each way from Dallas (picked up and dropped off at the airports). If you rented a sedan, it would have been much cheaper than that. Check multiple rental agencies, prices varied greatly. I think we ended up with Alamo, but I could be wrong on that.

My sister and I are staying at the Hilton Riverside and they offer parking for cruise passengers. I believe it's $16/day and covered. I'll have to pay one night at the regular hotel guest rate ($38 self park or $48 valet) and then the rest of the stay will be at the cruise rate.

Is it difficult getting shuttles back to Fulton when the cruise is over?

We didn't have any trouble getting a shuttle back to the garage, of course we were in one of the last groups off the ship, so it might be a little crowded if you have an early debarkation time.

Thanks. We will be off early as we have a long drive back to Texas...just trying to figure out the best place to park to make the quickest escape.

We've parked at Fulton and did self-assist debarkation and had no problem getting a shuttle right away back to the garage.

Is it difficult getting shuttles back to Fulton when the cruise is over?

Not at all. I've done it twice and both times the shuttle has been there waiting for me. The second time the shuttle was full, but they had a second shuttle parked right next to it. I'd say both times no more than 5-10mins between walking outside and the shuttle leaving.