Dawn Spa - what is the temp like in there?

jdemps

I bought a spa pass for the Dawn in NOV and I'm wondering if the whole area is a little hot and humid with the hot tubs in there. I would love to just sit in those loungers by the windows with clothes on instead of wearing a bathing suit and coverup in there. Anyone have experience with this and can comment back what the environment is like? I really just want the peace and quiet and maybe the sauna, no interest in the pool or hot tub.

Also, are there bar servers in there? If not, can you take your drinks in there?

Thank you

If I recall correctly it was a comfortable temp, maybe 75 and a little humid. There are no bar servers in there, I believe there is water with fruit or cucumbers though. I don't know if clothing is allowed or what. I always go to the spa in a bathing suit and cover up or robe if we're in a spa stateroom and the spa is right there. Keep in mind that you will need a spa pass to enjoy the thermal suite.

Yes, I have been in the spa with clothes on.... no problem, and as an earlier poster said, it feels as if it is about 75 in there. Very comfortable. There is hot water for tea plus tea bags, and also there is a large water container, usually filled with lemons as well. Frankly, I have not seen anyone with drinks in the spa, but they might have had them in their own containers. No one will come around asking about drinks. It is a quiet, serene atmosphere.

If I recall correctly it was a comfortable temp, maybe 75 and a little humid. There are no bar servers in there, I believe there is water with fruit or cucumbers though. I don't know if clothing is allowed or what. I always go to the spa in a bathing suit and cover up or robe if we're in a spa stateroom and the spa is right there. Keep in mind that you will need a spa pass to enjoy the thermal suite.

I was about to say, 75 degrees and a bit of humidity also. It was very comfortable. There is always fresh water and juice available. that is about all. I hate to be negative, but other than the temp being just about perfect, it is a crappy spa in my opinion. I would never spend the money again!!! Long story, but that is how I feel. Other NCL ships have much nicer spas.

I was about to say, 75 degrees and a bit of humidity also. It was very comfortable. There is always fresh water and juice available. that is about all. I hate to be negative, but other than the temp being just about perfect, it is a crappy spa in my opinion. I would never spend the money again!!! Long story, but that is how I feel. Other NCL ships have much nicer spas.

Would you buy a Spa Pass on the Jewel?

• 2 weeks later...
I hate to be negative, but other than the temp being just about perfect, it is a crappy spa in my opinion. I would never spend the money again!!! Long story, but that is how I feel. Other NCL ships have much nicer spas.
I agree, the other spas we have tried were all better, but we would still pay for the spa on the Dawn again. You never know if it will be cold or rainy or windy outside, and the pool deck will be unusable, but the spa will be open. On our last Dawn cruise they closed the outdoor pool because of rough seas, but they still let us use the spa pool, which was sloshing around like crazy!

The Dawn does not have heated tile loungers, but it doesn't sound like the OP is interested in that. As welove2cruise2014 mentioned, there are three relaxation areas with padded loungers, and only one of them is in the wet area where the hot tubs are. So if it is too hot and humid in there, you can use one of the relaxation areas off to the sides (they are supposedly single-sex, but everyone was ignoring that on our cruise).

On last thing is that the Dawn has a pretty nice gym, but there are no free lockers or changing/shower facilities. If you have a spa pass, you have access to all of that before and after your workout.

I bought a spa pass for the Dawn in NOV and I'm wondering if the whole area is a little hot and humid with the hot tubs in there. I would love to just sit in those loungers by the windows with clothes on instead of wearing a bathing suit and coverup in there. Anyone have experience with this and can comment back what the environment is like? I really just want the peace and quiet and maybe the sauna, no interest in the pool or hot tub.

Also, are there bar servers in there? If not, can you take your drinks in there?

Thank you

It is comfortable, kept around 80 - 82 degrees and humid, but with nice air flow. The relaxation areas are kept cooler, probably around 75 degrees. There is no bar service and glass is not allowed in the area, though you can bring drinks in other types of containers.

Remember that is is designed for people who are wet to be comfortable, so it is warmer than you might think but it is certainly not too warm to sit in street clothes and read or watch the wake of the ship.

Edited by zqvol

Are the steam and dry saunas inside the locker rooms of the Thermal Suite area? Is there a hot tub inside the locker room?
The steam room and dry sauna are in the single-sex area. There are two plunge pools in the men's area (one icy cold, one boiling hot, never saw anyone use either one :p), apparently not in the women's. The two big hot tubs are in the main spa area.