Single Cruisers

Mandy412

I met my husband, Steve (Paradise Sailor), for the first time on the DAWN when the DAWN sailed out of NY back in 2007. We had chatted here on Cruise critic for about a year before the cruise, and actually sailed that cruise with other people. After those relationships ended we eventually ended up together and it's been one of those happily ever after stories :o

It really helps that we both share a love for cruising, and Norwegian has played a big part in our lives. :)

We've done 27 cruises since getting together. We Honeymooned on the GEM, and several anniversary cruises on the Breakaway. Getting back on a Norwegian ship feels so comfortable, it's almost like our home away from home.

Edited by Got Tequila?

Not personally. However, my cousin met her husband of 3 years on a cruise ship. They were randomly assigned the same table for dinner on a 7 night cruise.

Do you mean that they had been married for three years and went on a cruise separately and were randomly assigned to the same table? Freaky!!

Or did they meet on the cruise and now have been married for three years?

Mike

Pom by Birth; Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

I met my husband, Steve (Paradise Sailor), for the first time on the DAWN when the DAWN sailed out of NY back in 2007. We had chatted here on Cruise critic for about a year before the cruise, and actually sailed that cruise with other people. After those relationships ended we eventually ended up together and it's been one of those happily ever after stories :o

It really helps that we both share a love for cruising, and Norwegian has played a big part in our lives. :)

We've done 27 cruises since getting together. We Honeymooned on the GEM, and several anniversary cruises on the Breakaway. Getting back on a Norwegian ship feels so comfortable, it's almost like our home away from home.

Awwww, I love your story!

Do you mean that they had been married for three years and went on a cruise separately and were randomly assigned to the same table? Freaky!!

Or did they meet on the cruise and now have been married for three years?

Mike

Pom by Birth; Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

They met on the ship, both were cruising with friends. They have been married for three years.

I took my mom on a cruise this past mothers day and one late night of drinking(3rd day of cruise) I was getting food and met 2 people all over each other. They asked me to take a picture and we started talking and they said it was their honeymoon cruise. They told me they met on the ship so I said that was nice to honey moon on the same ship they met on and they responded saying we had no other choice we just met 3 days ago during the muster drill and somehow got the captain to marry them on day 2 of the cruise.

I was amazed and had a million questions and their friends verified and called them crazy.

The guy was from Orlando and the girl St. Pete and they said they would make it work.

I have a feeling that marriage didn't last

I took my mom on a cruise this past mothers day and one late night of drinking(3rd day of cruise) I was getting food and met 2 people all over each other. They asked me to take a picture and we started talking and they said it was their honeymoon cruise. They told me they met on the ship so I said that was nice to honey moon on the same ship they met on and they responded saying we had no other choice we just met 3 days ago during the muster drill and somehow got the captain to marry them on day 2 of the cruise.

I was amazed and had a million questions and their friends verified and called them crazy.

The guy was from Orlando and the girl St. Pete and they said they would make it work.

Y

Omg lol

They were probably pulling your leg! The friends just went along with it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What a great story! :)

I was married on the Majesty in August of 2005. (Unfortunately the marriage didn't last, but we did have a beautiful wedding). We had about 20 people cruising with us. The first night my daughter met the man she would marry.

This past August they celebrated their 10th anniversary of meeting and their

8th wedding anniversary. They were married in August of 2007 and they honeymooned on the Majesty, too. There were 10 of us on their honeymoon. I don't think they minded at all (especially since I paid for it, LOL).

They were probably pulling your leg! The friends just went along with it

I was very skeptical and thought the same thing until the cruise director called them up for the love and marriage show where he briefly explained the situation and sarcastically said "they're going to be stiff competition"

I almost never make those types of connections on cruises, but I usually have my kids with me. I would love for NCL or any line to have single parents weeks. Beaches resorts used to have them during slow season where they waived the single supplement and they were really fun. They stopped offering the special last year. Sigh. I try to keep up the faith but it goes like this:

Guy - Your so great, I don't understand why your single

Me - *you're

The End

PS I have no stories of my own, but wanted to bump the thread in hopes of more great stories.

I almost never make those types of connections on cruises, but I usually have my kids with me. I would love for NCL or any line to have single parents weeks. Beaches resorts used to have them during slow season where they waived the single supplement and they were really fun. They stopped offering the special last year. Sigh. I try to keep up the faith but it goes like this:

Me - *you're

The End

PS I have no stories of my own, but wanted to bump the thread in hopes of more great stories.

I'm cracking up!

On the first cruise I took by myself on the epic. I am at one of the lounges and a guy my age and his friend are hitting on me and one of my new cruise friends. We are all in our mid-30s. The guy talking to me was a little pushy and I got a bad vibe and walked away. Next day I see him with his wife and kid and his friend, the friends wife and their kid. After that I decided that my cruises are solos not singles ;)

I was very skeptical and thought the same thing until the cruise director called them up for the love and marriage show where he briefly explained the situation and sarcastically said "they're going to be stiff competition"

I would lay odds they knew each other before the cruise and just are telling a story!!

Hard to prove otherwise isn't it?

Either way it's certainly not a great love story by any means. It's just a funny story about 2 cruisers who claimed they just met and had the captain marry them....and thus became the "talk of the ship" I would guess they planned to ask the captain to marry them all along.....maybe even as far back as when they put the cruise deposit down.

They make movies about stuff like this....doubt it happens at all in real life unless you are an airhead rock or movie star and are doing it for publicity

The 2 you are describing certainly did get publicity on this cruise didn't they? Lol

Fwiw....I have a great sense of humor and can take a joke with the best of them.....but gullible will never describe me but I do find it interesting how many people believe everything they are told....

Edited by Crusin6

Me - *you're

The End

Hahahahahaha! THIS! :D

On 2 different cruises out of New York I met guys that I talked to throughout the cruise and exchanged numbers with. Went on a few dates and still are friends with. No love connection but was great to make friends!

Edited by cruise luvr