N.O.S. #2540 - How bad is it?

Little Feet

Have been "given" this cabin by employer. DH thinks it is an insult to give such a cabin as a "gift". Next door to public restrooms, lowest deck on ship, across from conference center. How bad is this cabin?

You're complaining about a cabin you received as a gift for FREE??? If your DH is so "insulted," please give it to someone who would appreciate it!

We've not been in that cabin- but have been on the Navigator. I don't think that any cabin on the NOS is going to be that bad. Heck, we've been on a number of different ships and with the amount of time you spend in your cabin I don't think that the worst cabin would be bad enough for me not to take the trip. The ship is huge and really beautiful and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Call and change your cabin to another locale in the same category. Not all cabins in that category are next to restrooms. You're on a cruise, given to you as a gift. I'd say no matter what cabin you are is great. I'd sleep in the bathroom if it was given as a gift.

The cabin can not be changed, I can't upgrade at my additional expense either. It is "cast in stone" at this point. I was just hoping that someone may be familiar with the cabin. There is no reference to that one on the "Cabin Tips" board....so I thought I would inquire here. My only choice is to accept it or not. I think it would be a greater insult to refuse the offer...but I may have to take the cruise alone! Thanks to all that replied.

Take the cruise and enjoy it. If DH won't go, leave him home. While we would not choose deck 2, we have met several people who really like to be on deck 2 so they don't have to use the elevators when they come back from port. I don't think the conference center or the restrooms will bother you. People will not be on that deck at night using the restrooms and conference center. I would suspect it may be one of the quieter decks. I would accept a free cruise in any cabin.

That cabin is listed at 161 sq. ft. That is a pretty good size for a cabin. In 10 cruises the only ones I've had w/ rooms that big were Disney rooms. Even our Princess Cruise had small cabins. You have an o/v, much better than an Interior room. I know people who have asked for Deck 2 because there is no traffic at night, usually quiet. There are other worse places to be if you ask me. All things considered I'd give this room a thumbs up. I'm sure this room did not come cheap! Like the others said, it's a cruise, and it's free you'll have a great time. Tell DH to take a virtual ship tour, look at all it has to offer. He'll get the "cruise bug" and you'll have a wonderful trip. You could always try to switch the cabin at the pier if it's not a full ship.

LittleFeet,

Just came back Saturday from RCCL/NOS (Western). I would think that this cabin would be OK. That area of the ship is a little more out of the main line of traffic. Like previous posters have said, you're not in your cabin that much. The screening room is used during cruises-2 scheduled shows per day (sits about 30+ people). My husband & I took in a show while on our cruise & that whole area was very quiet (and there was a meeting of some sort going on in the conference room). Access to the Metropolis Theatre is Decks 3/4-so you'll be close to that. Studio B/picture studio/art auctions-all close to you but the sound would be blocked by the conference center.

This ship is so large that regardless of where your cabin is, you're going to have to do some walking/climbing stairs/riding elevator. I'd JUMP at the chance to be back on board!

Another thing that is a pro for that cabin, sometimes you WISH you had more than 1 bathroom :) You'll have an additional bathroom right next to you and it will very rarely be used. There are alot of poeple on these boards who would take that cabin in a heartbeat and take it with a big smile on their face.:D

Free cruise??? No cabin on the Navigator is bad-any floor, any cabin, any class, it's free, you will have a great time-

I sailed her in July 03, my favorite cruise to date-I would take any cabin (including down with the crew) if it were free!!!

There is so much to do, and so many ports, you will probably not even notice your cabin, or the restroom, or the deck-

But seriously, on the Monarch last year, I was on deck 7 or 8, last cabin in the hallway, right next to the big theater/stage area and yes, a restroom (a very nice restroom that I used a few times when my own cabin restroom was unavailabe due to DH or DS) the restroom never gave me a problem, no foot traffic, no one even seemed to know that the restroom was there, as it was around a corner in the cut-so it was great, almost like my own second restroom.

It's free-consider yourself very lucky and have a great time!!!

A free cruise! Give me a closet and I'd be happy! :D

Deck 2 will be close to the gangways! While everyone else will be fighting stairs and elevators you'll have the best location! Your cabin is not a bad location, it will be quiet and I'd take that cabin in a heartbeat.

The Navigator is awesome!!! Go and have a great time!!! :D

A free cruise! Give me a closet and I'd be happy! :D

Deck 2 will be close to the gangways! While everyone else will be fighting stairs and elevators you'll have the best location! Your cabin is not a bad location, it will be quiet and I'd take that cabin in a heartbeat.

The Navigator is awesome!!! Go and have a great time!!! :D

My thoughts exactly!!!

I hope you both decide to go and enjoy your cruise :D

###

In June of this year, we stayed on Deck 2 of The Navigator... although I was leary pre-cruise, I have to say that I was quite pleased when we actually got there. You are close to the prominade and restaurant, gangway and such... plus it is relatively quiet on that deck.

The window was a large (maybe 4 foot) "porthole", and when you look out, it's like the ocean is right there... like just 2 floors down... it was neat to be that close to the ocean! At points I could see fish!

I've been in inside, outside, balcony & grande suite staterooms... I would easily book a deck two cabin again... my only requirement is that there is at least a window. Some people say it doesn't matter, you're not in the room that often, but for me... it did matter, and I need a window! :o

As for being near there restrooms, I have to imagine that they really don't get that much use. Maybe it is because the screening room is there? I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. GO and enjoy the cruise!

Free cruise... it don't get much better than that! :D

A~:)

THANK YOU! I had never even thought about the extra restroom thing. Indeed it will be welcome when the need arises and the cabin bathroom is already occupied. This is a very practical and welcome advantage. DH says he is going....and he will have an extra restroom to "go" in!

You might be able to change cabins when you check-in. We received a free cruise a couple of years ago as a raffle price. We changed to a balcony cabin and paid the difference when we checked in. The only inconvenience was tracking down our luggage with the original cabin number on them that had been portered at the curb. I think is was about $400.00 to change cabins. Tell your employer they upgraded you.

Archived