6 people liberty of the sea

We had a change of plans and we are taking my nephews with us bc their parents can't go. All of the family cabins are booked. It will be 3 children 8-12 yrs old and a 16 year old. Any ideas on cabins and location. What's the best options I really want a balcony but can't afford two balcony rooms

We had a change of plans and we are taking my nephews with us bc their parents can't go. All of the family cabins are booked. It will be 3 children 8-12 yrs old and a 16 year old. Any ideas on cabins and location. What's the best options I really want a balcony but can't afford two balcony rooms

Check out some of the connecting staterooms at the forward and aft part of Liberty. I believe they have balconies connecting to either an inside or OV on deck 9.

Get a balcony for 2 with an inside directly across the hall for the 4 kids.

Yes...if you can't get the balcony/inside combo, I'd put the 4 kids in an inside right across the hall from you...the halls are narrow, so they are right there....easy access!

I am pretty sure that the rules are DIFFERENT if the kids are not your own. Besides, IMO, that's too young for them to be across the hall.

Get connecting OV cabins at the front of the ship. The balcony-interior cabin combination on Deck 9 mentioned by Bob won't work. Each cabin in the pair is only for two.

You would need to put an adult name on one cabin and an adult name on the other cabin, Switch the room keys and everyone is taken care of. I have done this back when my DD was younger and we took one of her friends with us. They were both 15-16 at the time and were very responsible for tiheir age and we did not have anything to worry about.....

Is one of the kids yours or are they all nephews, RCI has some different rules about the number of kids a adult can supervise, if they are not their own. Not sure if it is different as you are related, but an adult can only supervise one unrelated child not booked in their cabin.

Edited by uksimonusa

The ratio of your own kids to kids that aren't your own needs to be 1:1 in order for them to be booked into their own cabin directly next door to, or directly across the hall from, the parent's cabin.

So. at least 2 of the 4 kids need to be yours, and the kids cabin will have to be those specific locations with relation to the adult cabin.

Otherwise, you will have to book one adult into each cabin, and then switch once onboard. The people who switch will have to get an extra key for the cabin they will be sleeping in, plus retain the original key in order to get on/off the ship and for onboard charges.