Labadee Cabana worth it?

cruzilove

What is your opinion of the Cabana on Labadee?

I booked it twice before... when the upgraded buffet was available to anyone in a certain type of cabana.

I don't like beaches, but I wanted to get off the ship. It is a bit pricey for what they are now offering. Great for staying in the shade, but the upgraded buffet isn't great for vegetarians.

What is your opinion of the Cabana on Labadee?

As you can imagine, worth it, is relative, but that said, what are the current prices? I've been hearing stories about dramatic price increases. We got an over the water cabana at Nellies beach (non-suite beach) had access to the "enhanced? buffet" at barefoot beach and we paid either $225 or $250. We were the week of April 26th on Freedom. I considered that pricey for two people, but we used OBC instead of real cash ;) We could have shared it, but enjoyed the 2 of us alone that day.

If the prices have gone up to $500 as people as said, maybe couples like us are to blame. Maybe they figure if 2 people would pay $250, 4-6 would pay twice as much.

Edited by BillOh

We had one twice when you got the upgraded buffet. The first year we had excellent service and totally enjoyed the experience. Second year our attendant all but ignored us.....had to ask for towels, floating mats, etc. She was bothered when she was asked to get drinks. Now that the price has drastically increased and there's no upgraded buffet, we will skip it. I don't think it would be worth it.

We had one twice when you got the upgraded buffet. The first year we had excellent service and totally enjoyed the experience. Second year our attendant all but ignored us.....had to ask for towels, floating mats, etc. She was bothered when she was asked to get drinks. Now that the price has drastically increased and there's no upgraded buffet, we will skip it. I don't think it would be worth it.

We've done it twice and both times our attendant was awesome. The first time I would just wave to him and he would come out in waist high water and bring our drinks. Last month he came and checked on us every 10 mins I just let him hold my sea pass card and I would swim up to the ladder and He would hand our drinks down. The upgraded buffet was also very good. We had an awesome time.

We booked an overwater cabana at Nellie's Beach for our June 2015 Oasis cruise and loved it! Made crowded Labadee enjoyable. Only the overwater cabanas got the special buffet at Barefoot Beach included which was awesome!

I was able to book it online a year prior for $250 and it was worth it for 4 of us. Now you have to book them on the ship and I imagine they go fast. If now $500, prob not worth it for less than 6 people. However is it confirmed as $500? Website says $255...

We have done it twice. Split the cost with another couple but was only 250 for the cabana. If it is up to 500 then would need 6 people for sure to make it worth the cost. All depends if you NEED shade or can not stay in the sun or have health issues. Great for Family to have central meeting place to store stuff if needed.

We had an OTW Nellie's Beach cabana in January 2014 and it was wonderful, and included the upgraged buffet. We've now booked an OTW Nellie's Beach cabana for our January 2016 cruise. Even without the upgraded buffet it is worth $255 to us. $500? No way, but we were able to book it for the $255 price. We can't wait!

On our March 2015 sailing, we paid $250 for an Over the Water cabana on Nellies. IMO - worth it. We got the upgraded lunch buffet at Barefoot beach (less crowds is the advantage here).

On our March 2016 reservation, I see it's $495. I heard it no longer includes the Barefoot buffet access.

Unless I have money to throw away(which I don't) - that price is way too expensive - plus, now you have to travel a fair ways to get to the buffet, which is ALWAYS super crowded.

I could see it being worth it for 4 or 6 people - but with 6 people - IMO, there is not enough room . They are not that large - and unless people will be in the water, or sitting on the full-sun loungers, there is not enough room for 6 people to relax under the cabana roof.

Unless I find a gold pot at the end of the rainbow, we will be skipping cabanas from now on. Sadly...

I booked it for December 30 at the $495 price. My mom is taking our family on the Indy so its her gift so "worth it" for us. We paid the same price on Disney (actually they also have a very large canana for almost $1000) and a little less for small cabana on NCL so even though the prices have gone up and high, they are comparable with other cruise lines.

Edited by js

I booked it for December 30 at the $495 price. My mom is taking our family on the Indy so its her gift so "worth it" for us. We paid the same price on Disney (actually they also have a very large canana for almost $1000) and a little less for small cabana on NCL so even though the prices have gone up and high, they are comparable with other cruise lines.

What comes with the Disney Cabana??

I know What barefoot and Nellies provide, just curious how the others do it.

Thanks

Castaway Cay offers guests the luxury of renting one of 20 private cabanas. These 325-square-foot cabanas are divided between Castaway Family Beach and Serenity Bay Beach. On the family beach, the cabanas are located on the far side of the beach, offering a little more seclusion, along with a great view of the ship from the cabana's front deck.

Cabanas are furnished with cushioned chairs, chaise lounges, side tables and a dining table. Also included are a refrigerator, lockable storage unit, outside fresh water shower and a shaded deck. When you rent a beach cabana, you will receive non-alcoholic beverages, suntan lotion and towels. Other packages with special services, food and beverage options are available. For an additional fee, guests can also reserve the services of a private cabana host.

Cabanas can be reserved online ahead of time or at the Port Adventures desk while onboard the ship. They will hold a maximum of 6 guests. On the Family Beach, they can be rented for $549 per day or for $399 on the Serenity Bay Beach.

A Grand Family Cabana is available and can hold up to 16 guests. The price for 10 guests is $966.43, but 6 more can be added for $53.75 per person. This cannot be booked online.

As you can see, what is essentially a "free" beach day gets expensive very quickly. There is shade all over the islands...so you can get out of the sun, if you wish.

Edited by cb at sea

Castaway Cay offers guests the luxury of renting one of 20 private cabanas. These 325-square-foot cabanas are divided between Castaway Family Beach and Serenity Bay Beach. On the family beach, the cabanas are located on the far side of the beach, offering a little more seclusion, along with a great view of the ship from the cabana's front deck.

Cabanas are furnished with cushioned chairs, chaise lounges, side tables and a dining table. Also included are a refrigerator, lockable storage unit, outside fresh water shower and a shaded deck. When you rent a beach cabana, you will receive non-alcoholic beverages, suntan lotion and towels. Other packages with special services, food and beverage options are available. For an additional fee, guests can also reserve the services of a private cabana host.

Cabanas can be reserved online ahead of time or at the Port Adventures desk while onboard the ship. They will hold a maximum of 6 guests. On the Family Beach, they can be rented for $549 per day or for $399 on the Serenity Bay Beach.

A Grand Family Cabana is available and can hold up to 16 guests. The price for 10 guests is $966.43, but 6 more can be added for $53.75 per person. This cannot be booked online.

As you can see, what is essentially a "free" beach day gets expensive very quickly. There is shade all over the islands...so you can get out of the sun, if you wish.

Thank you,

Still would be too rich for my pocket because we would be busy doing other activities and not use it.

Safe travels.

We're lucky in that it appears prices are not changing until Jan. I just booked an OTW cabana for $250 for our December cruise as we have 3 other times. Royal has changed and increased prices/decreased service so our next two are on other cruise lines. We want to try others to compare.