Stopover hotel heathrow

mina

We will have a one night stopover connecting thru heathrow. We arrive on ba from Athens at terminal 5 at around 5 pm and leave the next morning to Philadelphia on American from terminal 3. What would be the most convenient hotel to stay at? How do we get transport from terminal 5 to the hotel. I have read the hoppa bus is not good. What other options do we have? Thank you.

Well, it all depends on how early the morning flight is, but my first choice would be to stay at either the Hilton Paddington or somewhere within easy reach of Paddington Station, from which you can take the Heathrow Express from/to LHR.

The Sofitel at terminal 5 is a pricey, but convenient hotel. It's an inside walk from/to Terminal 5.(At the end of the walk you have to go outside for about a minute to change buildings). There's a free train service between terminals.

You can get cheaper deals at the Sofitel searching other sites.:)

http://www.heathrow.com/airport-guide/getting-around-heathrow/travel-between-terminals

The Sofitel is the nicest airport hotel we have every stayed at.

We stay there often now.

It is more convenient to terminal 5 as you walk from Terminal 5 via and inside walkway. Walk is less than five minutes. The next day you will take an airport train to get over to terminal 3. We've done that before too.

Keith

Agree the Sofitel is gorgeous but very pricey. If budget is an issue, we can suggest the Holiday Inn on Bath Road - the nearest hotel to Terminal 3 which was fine. The Hoppa (airport bus which we found good) took us straight to the door of the hotel and the hotel booked us a taxi for the same price as the Hoppa the next day to Terminal 3. It worked well.

Thank you all. Our plane leaves the next day at 10 am. I will check out the hotels listed. Thanks for the input on the hoppy bus. We will probably take it if we don't book the Sofitel

Just realized we have enough Hilton points, so I booked the Hilton heathrow at terminal 4. Since we arrive in terminal 5, is there airport transportation to terminal four or do we still need to take the Hoppa bus? Thank you!

Just realized we have enough Hilton points, so I booked the Hilton heathrow at terminal 4. Since we arrive in terminal 5, is there airport transportation to terminal four or do we still need to take the Hoppa bus? Thank you!

Actually, considering your itinerary - arriving at terminal 5, departing from terminal 3 - staying at a terminal 4 hotel is probably the least efficient thing to do. Yes, they're all LHR, but actually the 3 terminals are pretty far from each other. And indeed, I believe the way to travel from T5 to T4 is via the Heathrow Express, might as well stay on for the full 15 minutes and go to Paddington. Check how many points the Hilton Paddington is for your dates - or alternately, the Hilton Metropole, which is just down the street. But certainly the Hilton Paddington is the easy option - train from T5, right into the hotel (which is directly connected to the station, then train to T3 the next morning - easy-peasy. Certainly, with a 10 am departure the next morning, there's zero chance I would be staying at the airport.