Upgrade fairy called!!!!!

DoubleHJr

We are sailing tomorrow for 8 days on the Conquest. It is my husband, daughter and Mom in the room. Carnival called and offered us the Grand Suite for an additional $550 total (from a balcony room)! We took it. Now my husband doesn't have to hide on the balcony when Mom is getting changed 😊 This may spoil us for future sailings though.

That's awesome. I would love a suite. Question though.....Does anyone know if you booked your cruise through a TA do you ever get an upgrade call? We always go through our TA. We leave on Conquest in 15 days and I would love to upgrade:)

I've never heard of anyone with a TA getting a call. If anything I believe they'd have to call the agent, who would then call you. I was once told that the person doing the upsells gets the commission for any upsells, not the PVP/TA who booked the person originally. Meaning TA's wouldn't get any compensation for the upsell.

We are sailing tomorrow for 8 days on the Conquest. It is my husband, daughter and Mom in the room. Carnival called and offered us the Grand Suite for an additional $550 total (from a balcony room)! We took it. Now my husband doesn't have to hide on the balcony when Mom is getting changed 😊 This may spoil us for future sailings though.

That's a nice upsell offer. Congratulations! Don't forget to reprint your luggage tags with the new cabin number on them.

Have a great time!

You're right - it was the upsell fairy but I'll take it anyways. We booked through our PVP at Carnival. I was very organized and printed everything and taped our luggage tags. I had to reprint everything. I will unpack my over the door organizer that we always use for shoes because we have a ton of closet space now. Thanks for the well wishes - we will certainly enjoy our trip and new room :D

First let me say I am very happy for you. Last year on the pride I got

the upsell call three days before we were to sail. Almost the same

price as yours. It was my wife an I and my sister in-law and her

husband. We upgraded for 150.00 PP for a total of 600.00. We

are spoiled now. You never want to go back after a Grand Suite.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

Why does everyone insist on correcting upgrade vs. upsell? So tacky. The OP decided to UPGRADE their cabin. It makes no difference whether they paid for it or not. Check the definition. Someone makes a post with true excitement and you feel the need to correct their grammar? Really?

Have fun in your suite!

Why does everyone insist on correcting upgrade vs. upsell? So tacky. The OP decided to UPGRADE their cabin. It makes no difference whether they paid for it or not. Check the definition. Someone makes a post with true excitement and you feel the need to correct their grammar? Really?

Have fun in your suite!

I totally agree...

Thanks for your support of my excitement (and overlooking my grammar)! My mom, husband and I are really thrilled. We aren't telling our daughter so I can't wait to see her face when she walks into the room.

Congratulations!! And that would be the upSELL fairy not the upgrade fairy. Upgrade would be at no charge. Travel safe. :)

It took you a whole 14 minutes to correct the OP's choice of words. Kind of slow. Maybe you'll do better next time and be a little quicker. Everyone knows what the poster means and I'm pretty sure she or he didn't ask for a vocabulary lesson.

Edited by Big Tillie

Have fun in your suite!

Some people have no life but to hang out online. Others want to run up the number of post they do. Others like myself are happy someone got more than they expected on there cruise. So happy for you . I would bet with your additude you will have a fun cruise and might not lose weight due to the awufal food that carnival served . enjoy and ignore the negative energy some try to force on us happy people

That is a great deal. I guess the closer they get to sailing with an unsold GS the better deals Carnival offers. We are two weeks behind you on the Conquest (17 days), and I just accepted an offer to upgrade our Ocean Suite to a Grand Suite for $650 . That was $650 less than it would have cost us to book the GS in the first place so I was satisfied to accept the offer. Your deal, on the other hand, was MUCH sweeter.

That is a great upsell....we too once got that phone call and I clearly remember the sheer excitement from that call. It certainly does spoil you, but the cost differential is so great between a regular balcony and a GS, we have never been able to justify just outright booking one....BUT, we would take a great upsell off like you got once again!!! Have a wonderful cruise....that is a GREAT cabin!!