Gala night dress

cruz chic

Cruz Chic: Although we have never cruised together, I value your opinion and perspective. As fellow solo travelers, I feel that we may share many of the same concerns and experiences. You have been an inspiration to me; please keep posting reviews.

Thanks for your kind words.

Even though I rarely agree with the poster you responded to, "country club casual" is hardly "dumbing down".

I'm all in favour of "country club casual", but none of the country club members that I know would even consider wearing it for a "gala" night.

Not late at all. I'm still in transit in Montreal. It's been a long day already. The cruise was so so. Quite a few issues. My cruise in 2013 on the eurodam was one of my best. This was a stark contrast.

Welcome home...although I saw on the news last night that it was a rude welcome. I am sorry to hear your long awaited cruise wasn't all you hoped but it was a break and we all need that, especially with what you are dealing with at home.

If you are not a faithful Cruise Critic reader, you might not even have caught the change in nomenclature.

I didn't. But I haven't been posting that much since July when I got really sick. I am trying to check daily but in reality it is only weekly. I would hate to see dressing for dinner change, that is one of the things we really like about HAL.

I would be interested to know if non-formal nights changed? Sorry if this has been discussed. My vertigo doesn't allow me to spend too much time on the computer.

I'm on a Caribbean cruise right now and we were very surprised at the lack of dressed up people on the first gala night. We saw many Polo shirts, several graphic print button downs (like one with sharks) and I even saw one guy walk in with distressed jeans and a sports coat. Far less suits and if there was a tux it was rare.

On non gala nights they were still turning people in shorts away though.

Welcome home...although I saw on the news last night that it was a rude welcome. I am sorry to hear your long awaited cruise wasn't all you hoped but it was a break and we all need that, especially with what you are dealing with at home.

Thx. Truth be told I'm ok with the cold. My legs and feet are so swollen from the heat it's ridiculous. I had the worst heat rash on the bottom backs of my legs. It was just gross. It's finally getting better. I'm hoping the worst in over with my parents now. I guess time will tell.

I'm so sorry you are still not well. Sure hope things turn around for you soon.

I'm on a Caribbean cruise right now and we were very surprised at the lack of dressed up people on the first gala night. We saw many Polo shirts, several graphic print button downs (like one with sharks) and I even saw one guy walk in with distressed jeans and a sports coat. Far less suits and if there was a tux it was rare.

On non gala nights they were still turning people in shorts away though.

Sorry to hear that.