Time zone change, Mexican riviera?

TiogaCruiser

Am booked on Veendam next month, and setting up private shorex.

Does the ship change time? ( I don't think we did last year).

Generally, HAL changes time to match local time. But it seems to me there's one port in Mexico that this isn't always the case (Cabo?). In any event, the excursion operator should be most familiar with ships' practices in that regard.

No time change earlier this year on the NA.

Edit: I just remembered that Cancun and area changed early this year to marry up with Eastern Standard Time. Here's an article talking about the change: http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2015/01/29/on-mexican-time-changing-time-zones-to-accommodate-tourism/

Edited by Fouremco

Looking this a little more in depth, San Diego is PDT. It looking like Cabo is mountain, and PV CST.

My last cruise was in March, after we had changed to DST, and before cabo had, so we were essentially the same time. So there would have been no reason for pax to change their watches for cabo or Mazatlan.

This cruise there is the potential to be off 1 hour in cabo and Mazatlan, and 2 in PV. I am booked for a ships shorex in PV, but considering private in the other ports. So this could make a big difference. So anyone know who has cruised in this "between" time?

Generally, HAL changes time to match local time. But it seems to me there's one port in Mexico that this isn't always the case (Cabo?). In any event, the excursion operator should be most familiar with ships' practices in that regard.

For us, when we cruised RCI, it was Mazatlan. But tour guides are usually aware which ships do not change their clock, and adjust accordingly.

I just got off the Veendam late last week. We changed time back one hour AFTER we left Cabo, and on our way to San Diego. We also changed our clocks back on 10/31, when DST was over.

Started the cruise in Boston +3 hours from PDT, and ended up turning clocks back 4 times (1 hour each time), to end up matching PST in San Diego.

Some captains do, some donot. That is what we had on former Mexican riviera cruises.

During our stay in P. Vallarta we often see confused cruise passengers asking what time it is. Also we often hear the whistle of the cruiseship 30 minutes before planned departure as a warning that it is almost time to leave and probrably not all passengers are back due this time confusion.