Checking Unbooked Cabins

harryw

Despite the numerous travel websites and apps, I haven't found a simple way to see which cabins are still available on a given cruise. My understanding is that it is not legal for a third party to disclose this information, outside of the cabin selection tool when going through the steps of booking online. Is this correct?

Harry

I just tried on a cruise we have booked in April 2017. Go to the website, select a cruise and then click on Plan My Cruise, then answer the various questions. When you choose a cabin level you will get 7 options (or less if fewer are available). You will not see all the rooms available if more are available. That's where a TA would come in handy ... OR calling Oceania direct if you don't use a TA.

On my 2017 cruise (Miami-Lisbon) Owner's and Vista Suites are available but Oceania Suites are wait listed. Most of the other categories are available.

Mura

I just tried on a cruise we have booked in April 2017. Go to the website, select a cruise and then click on Plan My Cruise, then answer the various questions. When you choose a cabin level you will get 7 options (or less if fewer are available). You will not see all the rooms available if more are available. That's where a TA would come in handy ... OR calling Oceania direct if you don't use a TA.

On my 2017 cruise (Miami-Lisbon) Owner's and Vista Suites are available but Oceania Suites are wait listed. Most of the other categories are available.

Mura

If you keep clicking on select a room, brings up another 7 or so available staterooms each time- some may be repeated. You have to make a manual listing of all the new rooms that come up each time. Continue this procedure until no new rooms are shown on a list. Takes some time, but gives an accurate room availability by class/level when complete.

I seem to recall that a post years ago referenced a European website that basically brought up unbooked cabins in a straight forward manner, but perhaps it was only available to TA's.

Harry

There is a site that lists them... Can't name it, sorry.

Edited by kimanjo
just checked it, Oceania is not listed.

I have found the best method, for cabin selection, to be either:

1. Book the desired cabin soon after the bookings for the cruise opens up, or;

2. Wait until after the 180 days out payment due date.

In between those dates a lot of garbage seems to exist where potential passengers book up potential cabins (in which O allows them a 100% refund) and the cabins don't get released until real money is required.

For my own bookings, in the latter process, my TA can tell me exactly which cabins are still available if I don't want to go through lengthy search process. I just take her list, compare to the deck plan, and choose from those available. Sometimes, I tell her to use her expertise and pick the one she feels would be best for us. She has never disappointed. :)