Expert opinion needed

cruisenewbie79

Wow. You people are quite snarky here in this thread. I was simply stating what has worked for me. My choice of wording may not have been to your satisfaction, but tough! Get over it.

Let's see....your exact words were:

"the best time to buy airline tickets is the same as the best time to buy cruise tickets: 90-30 days before your travel date"

Best time. Is. Definitive words. If it's something that has worked for you, that's a data point. Not a truth.

Some of us may seem "snarky". We see it as being real. Reality is sometimes less than warm and fuzzy. We're not into happy talk, sunshine, rainbows and those ever-present magical fare sales that always have the cities, dates and times you want.

I'm over it. Reality wins in the end.

Wow. You people are quite snarky here in this thread. I was simply stating what has worked for me. My choice of wording may not have been to your satisfaction, but tough! Get over it.

Not being snarky, just honest. You stated something in a way that appeared to present it as fact when it just isn't. There are a lot of inexperienced flyers who come to these boards looking for help, and will latch on to a statement like yours and end up disappointed. Opinions or personal experience are fine, provided they are phrased as such.

Not being snarky, just honest. You stated something in a way that appeared to present it as fact when it just isn't. There are a lot of inexperienced flyers who come to these boards looking for help, and will latch on to a statement like yours and end up disappointed. Opinions or personal experience are fine, provided they are phrased as such.

Well put. Those that come to the board will latch on to the "best time" statements as fact because cost is the major driver for too many people. One person's experience one time getting a good deal doesn't make it fact, that is true every time.