What to do about missing reservation from website?

HokiePoq

My WHOLE reservation disappeared from the website!!!!

I reserved an excursion, entered my credit card info, and clicked on submit/complete transaction button. Nothing happened after that which worried me about the credit card charge. I think that's okay as I got the email confirmation. The cruise is paid in full after final payment.

Today I went back to the site....still no reservation. I manually entered the reservation number and saw it on the screen. I then went to try to find the luggage tag button and got a "technical difficulty" message. I then went back to the main page and my reservation was GONE again! My other reservation was still there.

It's hard to believe a large corporation like RCCL/Celebrity puts up with a website that is so dysfunctional!!!! Needless to say, I'm not trying to book the remaining excursions, but I do want to order luggage tags before it's too late.

Do I need to call X and if so, who do I call?

progress.gif

My WHOLE reservation disappeared from the website!!!!

I reserved an excursion, entered my credit card info, and clicked on submit/complete transaction button. Nothing happened after that which worried me about the credit card charge. I think that's okay as I got the email confirmation. The cruise is paid in full after final payment.

Today I went back to the site....still no reservation. I manually entered the reservation number and saw it on the screen. I then went to try to find the luggage tag button and got a "technical difficulty" message. I then went back to the main page and my reservation was GONE again! My other reservation was still there.

It's hard to believe a large corporation like RCCL/Celebrity puts up with a website that is so dysfunctional!!!! Needless to say, I'm not trying to book the remaining excursions, but I do want to order luggage tags before it's too late.

Do I need to call X and if so, who do I call?

progress.gif

To be sure, my take away from this and ALL other similar threads is, IF I were worried about what the website was or was not doing, I would:

1) call X to find out what their system shows;

2) take copious notes of what I have done/reserved/paid for;

3) take screen shots of each page where I can positively show what it is I have ordered and paid for, and/or

4) go back to #1 and then go have a good time and not worry about it, as things have a way of sorting themselves out on these things.

bon voyage

Thanks for the reply. I will ask my agent to confirm that X still has it in the system. I do have printed copies of everything I've booked...always take that with me.

Don't know what to do about the luggage tags.

Your TA can order the luggage tags for you and have them shipped to your home.

I trust you will have a great vacation despite the appearance of a website melt down... ;-)

You sound like you are all set. Have a relaxing cruise and let us know your thoughts and how things worked out upon your return!

Have a drink for us while you are at it...

bon voyage

I saw the thread title, and immediately knew this had to be the Celebrity forums. :/

LOL. You have a point. Never had this problem with either the NCL or HAL sites which always work for me. I find the RCCL site hard to use on my computer but it did work the times we cruised with them.

I reentered everything again today and got the same message. Will ask agent to help when she gets into her office tomorrow.

Edited by HokiePoq

Thanks for the reply. I will ask my agent to confirm that X still has it in the system. I do have printed copies of everything I've booked...always take that with me.

Don't know what to do about the luggage tags.

No need to waste your time bothering to order or bring luggage tags along from home.

The porters will tag your bags when they take them at the pier.

Or if you prefer, you can just pick up tags at the pier and tag them there yourself.

As for the reservations missing on the website, this is nothing new on the dreadful, messed up Celebrity website.

The reservations periodically disappear for a while when they are attempting to do maintenance on the website, and then they later reappear.

They are currently attempting to make corrections to the changes they recently made to the on-line check in procedure as they screwed it up horribly.

When you call them, their agents who answer the phones admit that are well aware of the problems and can do nothing to fix them. They just suggest a work-around (such as using a cash account instead of a credit card account) or tell you to call back again a day later.

Edited by varoo