Crown Embarkation

lbfluffy

We are boarding in San Pedro. My husband wants to arrive after 1 pm to avoid the long wait. I am the type that wants to be there at 1030 AM. What would you all suggest as a good time to arrive? I want to get my vacation started right away. Oh and I am a Ruby member so no VIP for us.

It's really up to you and resolving your desires. You are right--show up early and you'll wait at the terminal. Show up later and you're likely to walk right on. You get to decide whether you want to wait at a hotel/go out to lunch and then board or if you want to wait at the terminal.

We are boarding in San Pedro. My husband wants to arrive after 1 pm to avoid the long wait. I am the type that wants to be there at 1030 AM. What would you all suggest as a good time to arrive? I want to get my vacation started right away. Oh and I am a Ruby member so no VIP for us.[/quot

You choose:

10:30/11am arrival at the pier. Check in should start around 11am. Then upstairs to the waiting area. Priority boarding starts around noon then general boarding in groups in order of arrival. You should be on board not later than 12:30.

Arrive at 1pm and you should move quickly through the process and be on board by 1:30pm.

It's really up to you and resolving your desires. You are right--show up early and you'll wait at the terminal. Show up later and you're likely to walk right on. You get to decide whether you want to wait at a hotel/go out to lunch and then board or if you want to wait at the terminal.

This is good advice. The terminal is not a very comfortable place to sit and wait, IMO.

We get to the terminal around 11:00-11:30. We are elite so get on pretty early,once they start boarding..We like to get on and have lunch before it gets really crowded.Since we have early dining,don't want to eat lunch too late.

IMO, the only reason to arrive on the early side is if you want to have lunch in the traditional dining room, which closes at 1:30. We normally arrive around 12:30 and, unless there has been a delay in boarding, they aren't even checking boarding numbers by then, just letting everybody on. We drop our bags in the cabin and head for lunch.:)

Thanks for the input. I guess I will give in this time. Our hotel has a full breakfast so we can sleep in, have breakfast and take our time. This will be a shocker for him that I agree and hold my anxiousness to get on!!

Just chiming in with my experience. We got to the port (San Pedro) about noon. Basically, just walked right in and checked in and went directly onboard for our cruise.

San Pedro is slow to board. First, the ship has to be totally clear of pax, and all crew accounted for. At 11:30 the begin the back to back pax. At 12:00

they start with the suite and elite pax. I am not sure if other groups have a special boarding, but when you registrar, you will get a number and that will be the group that you will board with. San Pedro is not a pleasant place to sit and wait. It is oft times a long wait.

I talked to my husband last night. We decided to sign up for the 1200 hotel shuttle. We have gone out of San Pedro several times. The last time we were with a family member that was in a wheelchair so we were able to board with the passengers needing assistance.

We are boarding in San Pedro. My husband wants to arrive after 1 pm to avoid the long wait. I am the type that wants to be there at 1030 AM. What would you all suggest as a good time to arrive? I want to get my vacation started right away. Oh and I am a Ruby member so no VIP for us.

I suggest you arrive at 10:30 AM (will board around noon) and your husband arrive at 1 PM.

Oh I love that!!!

iam going to the hairstylist first and after that i will go to san pedro some body will drop me of my first time with princess so don't know what to expect

but cu you next week! 2 weeks to go and then jam going home:( back to bad weather

daan

iam going to the hairstylist first and after that i will go to san pedro some body will drop me of my first time with princess so don't know what to expect

but cu you next week! 2 weeks to go and then jam going home:( back to bad weather

daan

Look forward to seeing you. Bad weather but, Holland is gorgeous.