Booking specialty restaurants with D+ BOGO coupon

138east

Please refresh my memory on the strategies for booking a specialty restaurant with a BOGO coupon.

My understanding is that it has to be booked by the first night, but does it have to be used on the first night? Do we each have a coupon?

If I prebook and pay for the restaurant, do they credit us back the coupon when we dine onboard?

Ship is Adventure - only restaurant is Giovanni's. Which nights would be formal? I'm thinking day 2 and day 5. 2/6/16 sailing

Edited by 138east

Each D+ guests gets a coupon. The coupon can now be used on night 1 or night 2. If you book pre-cruise, they will credit you onboard account when you use a coupon.

Thanks Bob. That's the answer I was hoping for, but I didn't want to assume that it would work that way. I know you've been on Adventure recently. If you ate in Giovanni's, how was it?

Thanks Bob. That's the answer I was hoping for, but I didn't want to assume that it would work that way. I know you've been on Adventure recently. If you ate in Giovanni's, how was it?

We really enjoyed the food in Giovanni's on AD. Excellent service too. It seemed to be a well run ship, all around.

If we book ahead we just book for 1 person and then once onboard both of us show up for dinner. We have never had a problem doing that but I have read on here that others have had problems with doing it that way, not sure why that would be since there are no tables for just 1 person

Usually travel solo, never used the coupon, but wondering if they would honor dining twice since still the 2 meals? just a thought if anyone has had this experience or knowledge.

Yes. They will.

And we also had the experience of 3 dining together. They just charged us the first time and told us to come back the next night for free.

:)

If we book ahead we just book for 1 person and then once onboard both of us show up for dinner. We have never had a problem doing that but I have read on here that others have had problems with doing it that way, not sure why that would be since there are no tables for just 1 person

Always works for me, but..... I go to the restaurant when I board and tell them, so they know before dinner time. :)

Always works for me, but..... I go to the restaurant when I board and tell them, so they know before dinner time. :)

This has worked for us on Oasis and Allure but on Indy this October they could not "figure" it out. The maitre de had to credit us our meal that we prepaid for and then recharged us the same amount. :confused: The maitre de just kept saying you can't prepay for bogo. The night before in Giovanni's they didn't even blink an eye when we had prepaid for a table of one. When we told her this she still didn't understand what we had done. She actually went to Giovanni's manager and had them credit us and then charge us. I am not certain why in the past this worked by couldn't on this ship.

For us in March the 3 of us are doing a B2B including our 8 years old son. I think for the first week we will have to prepay for three and get the one adult meal credited to our account and then get the difference credited for the kids meal. We will do this for both Chops and Giovanni's. During the first week we will book our second week's meals at Chops and Giovanni's and hopefully this will be easier.

We were just on the Jewel and they had my hubby and I pay the first night for both restaurants. We ate night 1 in Chops and night 5 in Portofino. It did not have to be the 2nd night for Portofino. I'm not sure if all ships will do this though.

My suggestion is to wait and book once you board the ship to apply the coupon...much easier and less confusing than online.

Edited by fish6

We'll be sailing Oasis in Feb. and wondering if the BOGO is good on dinners only. I understand that Chop's Grille has a Sunday brunch which is wonderful. Wonder if I can use it for this dining venue.

I've not heard of the BOGO coupon being used for other than dinner, but I'd ask them. All they can say is no.

Yes. They will.

And we also had the experience of 3 dining together. They just charged us the first time and told us to come back the next night for free.

:)

Seriously!?? thats great to hear...... I tried it a year or 2 back and it was denied so never bothered again.. thanks! :D

The last time I did this, the Giovanni's manager/head guy threw a " Royal" fit and said I could not do it that way!