Christmas Cruise

MR_BUTCHIE

Book early, book often :)

Unless you are willing to chance it and wait til after final payment (when prices MAY come down but cabin choices may be limited or cruise may sell out) book as early as you can. If prices go down (before final payment) you can request a re-pricing. If you are unsure, I'd book now and then cancel (again before final) if you change your mind.

We booked around July this year for a Christmas cruise on explorer (out of Australia)...got a really good deal (balcony for the price of interior) mid ship location! This was because there was a huge sale on cabins...we were surprised as the cruise goes over Christmas and new year and thought it would have been nearly sold out...but apparently not! In our case it paid to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by patatie

Congratulations on your 50th anniversary! We loved our Christmas cruise. Did minimal decorating at home, no shopping, no cooking. They had Midnight Mass on board (happened to have a priest on board), caroling in the promenade, Santa made an appearance. Christmas Eve was formal night so it felt even more special. We brought stocking stuffers for each other so no big, bulky packages or wrapping to do. Great trip, would sail at Christmas again.

Booked our Harmony cruise for 2016 in July and the price has gone up a lot since then. I haven't checked lately, but last I looked (September maybe?) it was up about $500 (Canadian) per person, so $2000 more for the 4 of us in 2 cabins. And that's just inside cabins. I'm glad I did book when I did.

Edit - I just checked and it's up about $3700 (Canadian) from July when I booked. That's for 2 inside cabins, cat Q

Edited by gi_pam