R/T Vancouver followed by 1 night sailing to SEA?

LEtue

Looking at the 2017 Princess schedule and thought it would be great to be able to spend a day in Vancouver and re-board the ship and sail overnight to Seattle.

Anyone know if that works within the PVSA rules? My TA wasn't sure and will find out tomorrow when bookings open - so just curious.....

If you start in Vancouver and end in Seattle, you are fine.

Though - I have left the ship during B2B cruises in Vancouver and it is often a mess, depending on how many ships are there that day. It wasn't the leisurely day in Vancouver. Getting back on the ship was a nightmare.

Edited by Coral

If you start in Vancouver and end in Seattle, you are fine.

Though - I have left the ship during B2B cruises in Vancouver and it is often a mess, depending on how many ships are there that day. It wasn't the leisurely day in Vancouver. Getting back on the ship was a nightmare.

Good point and I need to check that!

You are sailing round trip Vancouver? You can add a day to sail to Seattle. BUT- hardly worth anything unless it is real cheap? Most of the scenery is at night, and the ships are in Seattle port real early.
Yes, it is a RT from Vancouver and the one night to Seattle is advertised at $79 pp. Vancouver would become an extra port day and since it is a May sailing I think there will enough daylight to enjoy some scenery too :)

We do the Vancouver to Seattle and it is fun. Go to the tippy top deck when going under Lions Gate Bridge out of Vancouver. Nice scenery until dark, which is pretty late in May. I would recommend getting off tthe ship and kickING around Canada Place and vicinity then reboring after the masses in the afternoon.

My TA just confirmed that I can't add the one night from Vancouver to Seattle on the end of the trip.

Bummer :(

Your travel agent is wrong. Or, who gave her advice from the cruise line is wrong.

If you are doing RT Vancouver cruise, you can stay on the ship and do a one nighter to Seattle. This does not violate PVSA.

If you really want to do it, I would pursue it. As long as you start in Canada and end in a US port, you are fine. You can't start in Seward and end in Seattle or start in Whittier and end in Seattle - that would be illegal.

Edited by Coral

My TA just confirmed that I can't add the one night from Vancouver to Seattle on the end of the trip.

Bummer :(

You received inaccurate information from your agent. You may want to look into finding a better agent as they don't know what they are talking about. I have done this trip several times. It amazes me how uneducated some of these agents are these days.

Edited by Casey12

I know.....

She is one of the top producing agents which many use here on CC so she definitely isn't new at this. She just got bad information since there are published itineraries between Vancouver and Seattle and early and late in the season.....

My surprise is that she didn't go higher up the ladder since this is obviously incorrect.

I will be calling Princess direct on Monday when there are supervisors available.

Agree with the previous posters. No problem going from Vancouver - Alaska - Vancouer - Seattle.

Trip begins in Vancouver (Canada) and ends in Seattle (US)...no violation here. If it was, those overnights would not be happening.

No different than going from Vancouver to LA to Hawaii to LA, which many, many are doing in just 10 days!!!!

I know.....

She is one of the top producing agents which many use here on CC so she definitely isn't new at this. She just got bad information since there are published itineraries between Vancouver and Seattle and early and late in the season.....

My surprise is that she didn't go higher up the ladder since this is obviously incorrect.

I will be calling Princess direct on Monday when there are supervisors available.

She shouldn't have to consult anyone. She should be able to just book it.

The odd thing is that she didn't figure out that the info she gave you was wrong. That would bother me.

Edited by Coral

I know.....

I wonder if you are using the agent who took over her sister's agency when she died. She does a lot of bookings but doesn't get it if that makes sense.

I wonder if you are using the agent who took over her sister's agency when she died. She does a lot of bookings but doesn't get it if that makes sense.

No, but I remember reading about her somewhere on these boards.

She shouldn't have to consult anyone. She should be able to just book it.

The odd thing is that she didn't figure out that the info she gave you was wrong. That would bother me.

I only asked for pricing so far and whether or not I could continue on to Seattle.

I received another update and Princess has confirmed I can book both....which we all knew already :)

I only asked for pricing so far and whether or not I could continue on to Seattle.

I received another update and Princess has confirmed I can book both....which we all knew already :)

Yea....!

Edited by Coral

I know.....

No sense calling Princess if your booking(s) are with the TA...Princess won't talk to you. Regardless, this is not a case of "she just got bad information". It's a simple equation:

Non-US-flagged ships cannot legally provide transportation FROM one US city TO a different US city, unless they travel to a DISTANT foreign port in between.

The itinerary you've put together involves transportation from Canada to US, which is not restricted by the PVSA. The intermediate stops don't matter, only the endpoints of "transportation". You can legally assemble transport between two US cities by switching ships in the middle of your transport (thereby breaking it up into two segments, one US->elsewhere, the other elsewhere->US), or by disembarking the one ship for at least 24 hours.

No sense calling Princess if your booking(s) are with the TA...Princess won't talk to you. Regardless, this is not a case of "she just got bad information". It's a simple equation:

Non-US-flagged ships cannot legally provide transportation FROM one US city TO a different US city, unless they travel to a DISTANT foreign port in between.

The itinerary you've put together involves transportation from Canada to US, which is not restricted by the PVSA. The intermediate stops don't matter, only the endpoints of "transportation". You can legally assemble transport between two US cities by switching ships in the middle of your transport (thereby breaking it up into two segments, one US->elsewhere, the other elsewhere->US), or by disembarking the one ship for at least 24 hours.

I haven't booked yet! And there is no longer a problem :)