Carnival Cruise Gift Cards through eBay - $100 with Bonus $20

maustro

On the other social media site where this was posted, someone posted that the PayPal/EBay fraud guarantee did not cover gift cards. I would be very careful. I buy a lot on EBay, but would never buy a gift card.

Not sure which "other social media" site to which you refer, but I'm a fan of the Deal News, and the Slick Deals (not sure if those website names are allowed here, hence the split spelling).

Thanks to your post, I did a bit more digging to get the latest info. Here's my understanding of first-level consumer protections available from eBay and PayPal for my gift card purchase:

Within the first 30 days after receipt, eBay Money Back Guarantee applies. From Day 31 to Day 180, PayPal Purchase Protection applies. I stand corrected regarding PayPal Purchase Protection for gift cards and your social media poster is correct: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US#13.%20Protection%20for%20Buyers.

13.3 Ineligible Items. Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection:...Items equivalent to cash, including prepaid or gift cards - Paypal User Agreement dated October 30, 2015
However, to my knowledge eBay Money Back Guarantee does not exclude gift cards (http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html). Because the MBG only applies within the first 30 days, I plan to check card value immediately upon receipt and invoke the MBG if there are any issues. The card value (if present, of course) will be fully consumed on my January 2016 Glory cruise, so I have no time-limit worries at this time.

With other posters in this thread reporting success with prior transactions with this seller, I am optimistic (although the process isn't complete until I verify that the receipt matches the order - which would be the case with any online purchase). I'll report back once the cards are received.

GiftCardMall (GCM) is a huge distributor of, wait for it...........Gift cards.

Quite a few companies use them to process their GC's. I've bought directly from them and I've bought some from Staples.com that come from GCM.

They're good, not perfect, but good.

I don't know how these will process but some others that I've purchased from GCM come with an activation code. That activation code comes in a separate mailing. It's a 2-part system. You can't use the GC until it's activated and that can't be done until you have both parts. For those that read the material in the envelopes (which is probably not many), it's fairly clear. For those that don't, they bitch. Imagine that.

Stealing of GC's is big business. That effects both in store purchases and on-line purchases which can also contribute to people complaining.

thanks again.

+1

I called and spoke with someone at the company that said I should be receiving a tracking number today or tomorrow. So if you have any questions, you can call the number listed in their FAQ section and speak with someone. Fingers crossed the gift cards are received and they are for the correct amount!

Giftcardmall

But eBay says these cards (with the bonus) are "temporarily sold out".

I wonder if they will have them again.

If it was GiftCardMall you don't have to worry. They're legit. I've been buying from them for several years. PaypalDigitalGifts (Paypal) is the other I will purchase GCs from on eBay. Only thing with GCM is it can take some time to get the card (10 days or so) - which in the eBay/Online shopping world is an eternity.

Physical GCs from GCM come in a 5"x8" USPS Critical Mail envelope with the GC tacked onto the letter inside. At least the last 3 I did around Thanksgiving I got that way but recall the ones earlier this year being the same. The only thing I wouldn't do is buy one too close to cruise date since you may not get it in time. Sounds like these went out fairly quickly though.

Did you read their feedback? 599 negatives in the past year for cards with $0 balance, no communication, and super slow shipping.

Not very trustworthy IMHO and not someone I would order through on ebay.

I almost bought a few myself until I started reading things such as this. It's just not worth the hassel to me, especially if I don't have my cruise booked yet to apply the cards right away. If this person has used the cards already (even if it's just a few of them here and there) that alone tells me that the seller is not honest 100% of the time and that's something I don't want to deal with. :(

BTW, if anyone is looking for some "other" savings.

If you have a Chase Freedom card, if you use Visa checkout (<--please read this) with the Freedom card you can purchase a $50 Carnival GC (or higher amount) at Newegg.com and get a $15 credit (in 1 or 2 billing cycles). See Visa Checkout for additional details.

Is there some place on this site that tells you that you'll get the $15 credit on your Freedom card? Thanks for the tip! :)

I almost bought a few myself until I started reading things such as this. It's just not worth the hassel to me, especially if I don't have my cruise booked yet to apply the cards right away. If this person has used the cards already (even if it's just a few of them here and there) that alone tells me that the seller is not honest 100% of the time and that's something I don't want to deal with. :(

What hassle? :confused:

They have over 165,000 sales, 165K!!!

NOBODY has that, not even on Amazon, or AARP OR Verizon, if you did read through the thread this seller supplies most if not all of the stands in most retailers in 1000's of local shops, I see these guys as nothing but 100% honest a few nay sayers meh.............

BTW AARP & Verizon have had issues with 0 balance on cards sold, does that make then not 100% honest??..............;)

What hassle? :confused:

They have over 165,000 sales, 165K!!!

NOBODY has that, not even on Amazon, or AARP OR Verizon, if you did read through the thread this seller supplies most if not all of the stands in most retailers in 1000's of local shops, I see these guys as nothing but 100% honest a few nay sayers meh.............

BTW AARP & Verizon have had issues with 0 balance on cards sold, does that make then not 100% honest??..............;)

:p LOL Simmer down. You have your feelings and comfort level of buying these and I have mine. We are allowed to have our own opinions. Enough said :rolleyes:

[emoji14] LOL Simmer down. You have your feelings and comfort level of buying these and I have mine. We are allowed to have our own opinions. Enough said :rolleyes:

Agreed. I'm all over the gift card band wagon, but I passed on this ride. Just not cool with buying gift cards from an auction site. I'm glad to see it's working out though. Doesn't change my mind. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Agreed. I'm all over the gift card band wagon, but I passed on this ride. Just not cool with buying gift cards from an auction site. I'm glad to see it's working out though. Doesn't change my mind. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I definitely hope it works out for everyone. I hate to have bad things happen to those just trying to save a few $$. I try to save in any way I can. There was just something about this that I didn't feel comfortable. But I honestly hope everyone on here that purchased has absolutely no problems. :)