Carnival Cruise Gift Cards through eBay - $100 with Bonus $20

maustro

Don't be surprised when the circle loops back and you find the original poster of this "news" is the ebay seller.

Oldest trick in the book - good luck to all who purchased -

I appreciate the compliment, but I don't have the patience to build an eBay store with over 163k feedback at a 99% feedback rating. I just wanted to share a deal I found with everyone, since you all had helped me when I was purchasing GCs from AARP.

And for the record, people who were upset that this seller does not have 100% feedback because some people received cards with 0 value, well, please check out the AARP thread where many users had $500 cards show up with $0 on them. Not defending the eBay seller as I have absolutely no relations with them, but just wanted to point that out.

Mods: please remove this link if it is not allowed, but this is just to show how it's advertised on a main deal page on eBay, along with dozens of other GCs. http://deals.ebay.com/other-deals/gift-cards

Edited by maustro

I bought the 2. A $40 bonus and I got $12 back in ebay bucks. Almost like 26% discount! And bonus airline miles to boot!

I bought about 15 $100 cards from this seller for my cruise in May. I got it when they ran a promotion on Ebay bucks of 10x in return ($10 per $100). Didn't have a single problem with them.

Thank you for posting this. I bought 2. Don't let the blowhards here make you sound as if you're some wimpy University administrator. There are those of us who appreciate the post.

GiftCardMall (GCM) is a huge distributor of, wait for it...........Gift cards.

Quite a few companies use them to process their GC's. I've bought directly from them and I've bought some from Staples.com that come from GCM.

They're good, not perfect, but good.

I don't know how these will process but some others that I've purchased from GCM come with an activation code. That activation code comes in a separate mailing. It's a 2-part system. You can't use the GC until it's activated and that can't be done until you have both parts. For those that read the material in the envelopes (which is probably not many), it's fairly clear. For those that don't, they bitch. Imagine that.

Stealing of GC's is big business. That effects both in store purchases and on-line purchases which can also contribute to people complaining.

thanks again.

I appreciate the compliment, but I don't have the patience to build an eBay store with over 163k feedback at a 99% feedback rating. I just wanted to share a deal I found with everyone, since you all had helped me when I was purchasing GCs from AARP.

And for the record, people who were upset that this seller does not have 100% feedback because some people received cards with 0 value, well, please check out the AARP thread where many users had $500 cards show up with $0 on them. Not defending the eBay seller as I have absolutely no relations with them, but just wanted to point that out.

Mods: please remove this link if it is not allowed, but this is just to show how it's advertised on a main deal page on eBay, along with dozens of other GCs. http://deals.ebay.com/other-deals/gift-cards

Edited by fuddrules

BTW, if anyone is looking for some "other" savings.

If you have a Chase Freedom card, if you use Visa checkout (<--please read this) with the Freedom card you can purchase a $50 Carnival GC (or higher amount) at Newegg.com and get a $15 credit (in 1 or 2 billing cycles). See Visa Checkout for additional details.

It comes down to the op have you an option you may not have known about.

If you like it, go get yourself one, if you are unsure our suspicious, don't.

I buy gift cards all the time. I have never had a problem. So until I do, I appreciate the savings.

Also, when a gift card shows a zero balance, it is usually fixed quickly. Mistakes happen. Sometimes from the seller and sometimes from the buyers who misunderstand something. As posted above, sometimes it is s two step process before the card is valid. I like those type of cards the best.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

AARP is a VERY reputable, dependable, trustworthy APPROVED seller of Carnival gift cards, way different to even suggest they are the same! I personally have bought $2500 from AARP and had ZERO issues. Those AARP cards were resolved, were the Ebay sellers, from the feedback no, so be VERY careful when comparing the two.....;)

Yes Ebay is full of scams and yes trustworthy sellers also, just be VERY careful......

People can do whatever they want. I'm not an eBay person and I'm damn sure not buying gift cards through them through someone else selling them through the gift card mall. That's ME. I don't have to trust every source of potential savings. Nor should I be called names because of my decision. Nothing at all wrong with the OPs post. I'm fine with the places I already get gift cards. And those I know are guaranteed to work. I've already tried and tested it by the thousands. If this works for you, great!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Just an FYI, Carnival has partnered with Blackhawk Network (see below) for gift cards. Who does Blackhawk own.....GiftCardMall. They all come from the same place.

Press Release from Carnival:

Available in more than 9,000 retail locations throughout the U.S.

Bi Lo

Giant Eagle

Hy-Vee

Kroger

Lowes Hardware

Safeway

Simon Property Group

MIAMI (November 6, 2014) -- Carnival Cruise Lines’ popular gift card program – a prepaid card that can be used as payment toward a “Fun Ship” vacation or a variety of shipboard purchases – is now available in more than 9,000 retail outlets throughout the U.S. This marks the first time that a cruise line-specific gift card has been made available at retail establishments ashore.

Partnering with Blackhawk Network, a leading prepaid and payments network, Carnival will offer its gift cards at such locations as Giant Eagle, Kroger and Safeway beginning later this month.

“We’re excited to partner with Blackhawk Network, as their distribution expertise allows us to expand our popular gift card program to a wide range of retail outlets ashore,” said Gus Antorcha, senior vice president of guest commerce for Carnival Cruise Lines. “Based on feedback from consumers and our travel agent partners, we’re very pleased to enhance the availability of our gift card program and provide consumers with even greater convenience and flexibility.”

Also available online at http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com or sold on board Carnival’s ships, the gift cards are ideal for any occasion – from weddings and graduations to birthdays and anniversaries – and offer consumers flexibility and convenience in their vacation purchases. The cards can be pre-loaded with funds ranging from a minimum of $25 to a maximum of $1,000.

The Carnival Gift Card is simple to use – it may be applied online via the dedicated web site using the 16-digit card number, redeemed by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL or used like cash on board as payment toward guests’ “Sail & Sign” shipboard account.

Edited by fuddrules

Just an FYI, Carnival has partnered with Blackhawk Network (see below) for gift cards. Who does Blackhawk own.....GiftCardMall. They all come from the same place.

Thanks for digging that up.

I don't want this thread to turn into an argument because the end goal here is to save some money and enjoy our cruises. If you do not feel comfortable purchasing, track the other AARP post where forum members comment when GCs are available. Personally that is where I bought my GCs from because this deal was not around then.

Cheers everyone! :)

Edited by maustro

It really stinks how, when you go to try and add OBC to your account through the "Cruise Cash Bar" on carnival's website, the only payment option is credit card. Will I have to call in with the gc numbers if I want to do that? :(

It really stinks how, when you go to try and add OBC to your account through the "Cruise Cash Bar" on carnival's website, the only payment option is credit card. Will I have to call in with the gc numbers if I want to do that? :(

You can't buy anything from the fun shops online using a gift card. To apply them to your onboard account you have to wait until you're onboard. Or at the terminal before you board.

You cannot use Carnival Gift Cards to purchase any thing at the fun shops. Therefore, you will not be able to use the GC for the Cruise Cash Bar available online.

Has anyone had luck with the seller responding back to a question? I'm not questioning getting the $100 card but the bonus $20 could be to anywhere and that's what I'm concerned about. I'd hate to get $20 to an online jeweler where you get the $20 off a purchase more than $500 or something like that.

I emailed them yesterday in the morning and haven't received an answer yet. That is a red flag to me because they obviously don't want us to know until you get the card. Hopefully everyone has luck with these but I will stick with Verizon for my cards until I get a response.

Has anyone had luck with the seller responding back to a question? I'm not questioning getting the $100 card but the bonus $20 could be to anywhere and that's what I'm concerned about. I'd hate to get $20 to an online jeweler where you get the $20 off a purchase more than $500 or something like that.

I emailed them yesterday in the morning and haven't received an answer yet. That is a red flag to me because they obviously don't want us to know until you get the card. Hopefully everyone has luck with these but I will stick with Verizon for my cards until I get a response.

If you read the negative feedback a lot of the complaints is because they do no answer or respond to emails.

As big of a seller they are, it is not unusual to take up too 1 week to reply back. There is NOTHING in the description that states you will be getting $20 of some junk card, it states, $120 for $100.......

That's not exactly how it reads. It says "buy $100 carnival cruise line gift card and get a bonus $20 ($120 value)"

That is a very vague statement. No it doesn't say it will be a junk gift card, but it also doesn't say the bonus card is for Carnival either. That's why I'm curious. It is very easy to trick someone into buying something with perceived value and assumptions.

It's very smart on their end to do it this way. They honor their end of the deal without lying yet still being deceitful and not liable for any retribution.

That's not exactly how it reads. It says "buy $100 carnival cruise line gift card and get a bonus $20 ($120 value)"

That is a very vague statement. No it doesn't say it will be a junk gift card, but it also doesn't say the bonus card is for Carnival either. That's why I'm curious. It is very easy to trick someone into buying something with perceived value and assumptions.

It's very smart on their end to do it this way. They honor their end of the deal without lying yet still being deceitful and not liable for any retribution.

You make a good point. A very good point. Why buy them if your skeptical? Besides, being a large seller in no shape or form makes it o.k. to take your time answering customer questions. Many of them have to be repeats. They should at least have a canned answer for the basic questions.

I regularly order online from big companies - even third party vendors from amazon. Only once or twice did a vendor take more than 48 hours to respond. And I never used them again. You do online business, come up with an efficient way to get back to your customers in a timely manner. Anything past 48 hours is too long. The item could sell out waiting for a response. No thanks.

"Buy $100 Carnival Cruise Lines Gift Card and get a bonus $20! ($120 Value)"

The listing also says listing price is $120, but one only pays $100.....so...

48 hours is along time but with the sheer mass quantity sold, 1000 in this case, yes the card is "SOLD OUT" now, plus the many other cards for sale, this is a HUGE web site, it may take some time to answer all questions. 163, 000 sales, NOBODY on Amazon has that, so......;)

You can quit worrying about it now. They seem to be gone.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk