Carnival past guest party?

30stone

Hi. Wondering if Conquest still has a past guest cocktail party? We've cruised 8 times and have always gotten an invite, but didn't know if they discontinued them. Thanks

Only platinum and diamond members are invited to this party now.

True! They took away the Gold folks' invites to this party and gave us a bottle of water instead!

No, we got a drink coupon that had to be used on the last day of the cruise after 17:00. Red cards also get the water, as do platinum members. The water was replaced with the drink coupon past cruisers got at sea day brunch which happened months before the party was taken away.

Edited by theriac

Well if the party's canceled I'd rather have the bottle of water lol. At least I know I'll drink that compared to a last night free drink

Hi

You do get both. I see a lot of people ordering their drink at supper that evening.

have a great cruise

I've always wondered why Carnival didn't organize something. Maybe as a cost cutting thing. On RCCL we had a great one with free drinks and gifts. Of course, the cruise was a lot more expensive too; so if I had to choose between paying less with no party or paying more with one, I would definitely choose paying less.

Edited by wantocruisemore

True! They took away the Gold folks' invites to this party and gave us a bottle of water instead!

And a free drink on the last day. I, personally don't think it is a bad deal. I had been to several past guest parties in the past and got nothing out of them. Too crowded and, unless you knew a bunch of people to make it worthwhile, I thought it was boring.

As a Diamond, I would prefer to be able to get my free drink at night, even if it was after 5 PM on the last night since that can be anywhere. We can only get ours in the MDR at breakfast or brunch. I don't want a drink that early so I usually get a bloody mary with no ice so I can have it later. My husband would get champagne but you can't keep that for hours so I get both drinks. Really hope that will change soon.

Hi. Wondering if Conquest still has a past guest cocktail party? We've cruised 8 times and have always gotten an invite, but didn't know if they discontinued them. Thanks

I was on Conquest last month and they did have the Past Guest Party for Platinum and Diamond guests. This was an 8 day cruise and the party was on the last sea day. The party had upgraded appetizers and the drinks were plentiful. The party was very similar in format to prior parties. This cruise had a large amount of Platinums and Diamonds on board so the party was well attended, probably a couple hundred people.:cool: