ARIA & EDEN problems - answers from P&O - Your thoughts?

Thanks for reply , did you find food and pantry were okay ,

I found all the food good. As it was the inaugural cruise, they were still getting the temperature right with some stations but it was still edible. This issue was addressed early on.

I especially liked the Mexican station in the Pantry. I tried them all there except the Carvery/meat one but it always had a queue so must have been good !

I also ate in the MDR and the two speciality restaurants but not Salt.

All were yummy :)

I'm on the Pacific aria for 9 nights in January. I've been a little concerned about the reports but nothing has really concerned me too much. That was until now. I've started to see reports that they appear to have overbooked kids on the cruises. I've read reports on the p and o fans Facebook page of a race to get your kids in to kids club before it fills up and you are turned away. My kids (and secretly I) would be gutted if this happens regularly. The reason we booked early, paid full price and missed out on many incentives was to get our whole family on a cruise that we would all enjoy. I've got 3 kids split across 3 age groups meaning if it is as hard to get in to kids clubs as people are saying we might never get all the kids in at once. Hopefully this isn't the case.

In my experience with P&O (and I am pretty certain this is the case), they only accept bookings for the cruise from families if there is space in the kids club for the children in that family. Even yesterday I received an email with a 'specials' where it says there is children's space available. Sometimes it might say there is no space for children of a certain age. From what I have heard, Carnival does NOT restrict the number of kids and the scenario you mention might happen on Carnival Spirit.

People have said you should get the kids to the kids club on the first evening, not because they will be filled and your kids won't be allowed in, but it is so they can join in and make friends. If they wait a day or two, the other kids will have formed into groups and your kids could be left out of the little cliques.

Maybe check with P&O to put your mind at rest, but I am sure my comments are correct. :)

I'm on the Pacific aria for 9 nights in January. I've been a little concerned about the reports but nothing has really concerned me too much. That was until now. I've started to see reports that they appear to have overbooked kids on the cruises. I've read reports on the p and o fans Facebook page of a race to get your kids in to kids club before it fills up and you are turned away. My kids (and secretly I) would be gutted if this happens regularly. The reason we booked early, paid full price and missed out on many incentives was to get our whole family on a cruise that we would all enjoy. I've got 3 kids split across 3 age groups meaning if it is as hard to get in to kids clubs as people are saying we might never get all the kids in at once. Hopefully this isn't the case.

We traveled with our 12yo and he never mentioned anything to us about not getting in, however questioning him tonight he said it did get very crowded a few times. He's in the age group that can come a go as they please, where as the younger 2 groups are signed in and out and I'm sure they would limit the numbers on space and staff ratio.

The daily whats on guide quite often scheduled family activities with the entertainment staff. Such as family tennis, volleyball, dodge-ball, basketball and family mini Olympics on the sports court as well as family board games hour in the Dome, family treasure hunt etc. The teens had activities scheduled in the Dome such as a jam session, their own parties for the theme nights, and karaoke.

There was also movies in the theater. The teens late night movie included the Jurassic world, Night in the museum, Ant man, Fantastic four and others.

For toddlers, there were a couple of sessions of "Toddlers fun time" scheduled in either the Dome or Turtle cove. I'm assuming that's with the parents and possibly for toddlers too young to leave with the staff alone.

Each age group had their own what's on guide and the activities listed above were the extras in the general what's on guide.

Latest I'm hearing is that the school holiday cruises have doubled the cap on number of kids allowed on the ship to ~300. To cater for this they have relocated HQ and HQ+ so shark shack and turtle cove can expand and doubled the staffing. Sounds to be working well. Further proof they are reacting quickly to the teething problems.

Latest I'm hearing is that the school holiday cruises have doubled the cap on number of kids allowed on the ship to ~300. To cater for this they have relocated HQ and HQ+ so shark shack and turtle cove can expand and doubled the staffing. Sounds to be working well. Further proof they are reacting quickly to the teething problems.

Do you know what drink prices are I read where beer was 8 dollars a stubby .?

Do you know what drink prices are I read where beer was 8 dollars a stubby .?

The best value beer was in the Ocean bar where Matilda Bay beers were on tap. Paid around the $8.00 mark for what seemed like a pint glass. Stubbies were pretty pricey, VB was a bit cheaper in cans and your premium beers were closer to $9.00, in the smaller bottles (330ml).

Steve.

Hi all,

Currently onboard Eden for the Christmas cruise.

Not sure I have ever experienced so many unhappy passenger on a ship.

Lack of communication and restaurant bookings seem to be the major issues. Yes, there have been all the usual flooded cabins and backed up toilets, but they seem to be managing the issues as they pop up.

I will do a full review when I get home.

Ps, have not really noticed any issues with the number of kids onboard. They all seem well supervised and having fun. (and this from a grumpy old man is saying something. ☺)

Have a great Christmas everyone.

Oh, by the way, some of you may be interested that they are planning to serve the same menu in all 3 restaurants for Christas dinner. Will tell you all about it in my review whenI get home.

Hi all. I am just back off the Eden and had a fantastic 9 days. I found nothing to complain about. I have written a review if anyone is after any more info. thanks.

Thanks for the good news about the Eden - prior to our Jan 28 cruise. Looking forward to read your review, when it is posted.