Is Nevis worth visiting

cctimmom

We will be a party of 7... 3 of us will have been to St. Kitts, and none of us have been to Nevis. Is it worth getting over to Nevis or should we just stick to St. Kitts?

Any recommendations for excursions to Nevis, and what they include? (also, do you travel across St. Kitts to get there, or take a boat directly from cruise port?)

Nevis is defiantly worth the trip, the only issue is the ferry service- which can be unpredictable. There is no 3 pm ferry, and the 4 pm ferry will get you in too late to get you back on the ship in time for your all aboard.

The ferry ride is 45 minutes and you pick up the ferry at the ferry/ bus terminal about a 5 minute walk from the port.

If you read previous posts, yes it can be done, by grabbing the 9 am ferry to Nevis and the 2 pm ferry back to St Kitts. Some tour operators do offer day packages to Nevis, so you may want to start by researching what they have to offer by way of tours and transportation.

Phinneys Beach is the best known beach in Nevis, which is home to the Four Seasons and Sunshines- home of the Killer Bee

I was ready to do this for my cruise in october and ended up going to the Marriott which was really nice. I will be back to St kitt in April for the 3rd time and will be taking the ferry over from near the cruise port. Thank you to paul58 for all of your help on this :D One question, does anyone recommend a car rental place on nevis; preferably an avis or a hertz since we really prefer familiar rental car names?

We've taken the catamaran excursion from St. Kitts to Nevis several times and totally enjoyed it. :D

Ditto. That's a fun day.

Took an even better tour on Royal last year that was an entire day.

We ferried over, then took a guided land tour that was wonderful. I was happy to see the rest of this lovely island, and we had a very knowledgeable guide. Stopped at some significant spots, including one of the old plantations, now a luxury hotel.

Then, they took us to a beach restaurant (Lime Bar) for lunch and an hour or so swim time.

Ferried back to the ship, with rum punch in hand. Highly recommended.

We've taken the catamaran excursion from St. Kitts to Nevis several times and totally enjoyed it. :D

Ditto. That's a fun day.

Took an even better tour on Royal last year that was an entire day.

We ferried over, then took a guided land tour that was wonderful. I was happy to see the rest of this lovely island, and we had a very knowledgeable guide. Stopped at some significant spots, including one of the old plantations, now a luxury hotel.

Then, they took us to a beach restaurant (Lime Bar) for lunch and an hour or so swim time.

Ferried back to the ship, with rum punch in hand. Highly recommended.

Could both of you tell me which tours you took?

I was looking at Blue Island Cat and they said I have to go through the ship (Royal) but I can't figure out which tour it is?

The land tour sounds interesting too. Any help would be appreciated. Third trip to St Kitts and need something different to do.

Nevis is defiantly worth the trip, the only issue is the ferry service- which can be unpredictable. There is no 3 pm ferry, and the 4 pm ferry will get you in too late to get you back on the ship in time for your all aboard.

We recently took the ferry over to Nevis a couple of weeks ago and there is currently a 3p return ferry(Caribe Queen - F & F TRANSPORT) operating during the week.

As stated above, the ferry dock in Basseterre is about a 5-10 minute walk(a few blocks) from the ship pier, and the process is simple to navigate.

To add something for the OP's query. It may not be necessary to arrange for a tour of Nevis ahead of time. At the ferry dock in Charlestown, there are plenty of taxi drivers acting as proud ambassadors of their island willing to negotiate for tours of Nevis. A group could probably get a pretty decent shared rate for a 2-3 hour tour, and then ask to be dropped off/picked up at the beach(Pinney's) for a couple of hours -- with options for lunch at the few bars/restaurants there.

A word of caution. Beware of the 'Killer Bees'. They can sneak up on you after a few;)...

We recently took the ferry over to Nevis a couple of weeks ago and there is currently a 3p return ferry(Caribe Queen - F & F TRANSPORT) operating during the week.

The ferry schedule is not set scheduled times, sometimes there is a 3:00 pm ferry, sometimes there's not.

Had friends in St Kitts last week and the departure from Nevis was 2:00 pm or 4:00 pm. There was no 3:00 pm ferry departure. The only 3:00 pm departure was to the Sea bridge in the Southern Peninsula, which they took and arranged a pick up with a taxi driver.

Perhaps it's every other week as apparently there is one this week.

CARIBE QUEEN FERRY SCHEDULE HERE

We took the 4p Mark Twain ferry back when we were there, as we were @St. Kitts until 6p. The 3p ferry was an additional option for us as well. Both are convenient if variable options for day-tripping to Nevis for cruise ship visitors.

Perhaps it's every other week as apparently there is one this week.

CARIBE QUEEN FERRY SCHEDULE HERE

We took the 4p Mark Twain ferry back when we were there, as we were @St. Kitts until 6p. The 3p ferry was an additional option for us as well. Both are convenient if variable options for day-tripping to Nevis for cruise ship visitors.

As I stated in my previous post, the ferry schedule is not a fixed time and changes daily and not to be relied on.

The link you provided is the ferry schedule for the day. Looking at today's schedule, the departure times from Nevis is 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm. With 2 ships in port today- Adventure of the Seas and Summit, and a 5:00 pm and 5:30 pm departure using the ferry is not an option for these passengers. Tomorrow, there may be a 3:00 pm ferry...or not. The ferry times for tomorrow have not been published yet

People on this forum like to plan their excursions months in advance, to say that there is a 3:00 pm ferry from Nevis to St Kitts is inaccurate. As much as I do not like booking a ship excursion, in a case like this where the ferry is unreliable I would strongly suggest an organized tour with the cruiseline, or a Tour Operator that guarantees that you will be back on board in time. IE Shoretrips, Shoreexcursions.com

As I stated in my previous post, the ferry schedule is not a fixed time and changes daily and not to be relied on.

The link you provided is the ferry schedule for the day. Looking at today's schedule, the departure times from Nevis is 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm. With 2 ships in port today- Adventure of the Seas and Summit, and a 5:00 pm and 5:30 pm departure using the ferry is not an option for these passengers. Tomorrow, there may be a 3:00 pm ferry...or not. The ferry times for tomorrow have not been published yet

Looking right now at the schedule I posted (for Mon. Dec 21st) I see that there was a 3:00p return ferry(Mark Twain) from Nevis.

There are a couple different ferry companies that make the run to and from Nevis. Perhaps you failed to see that?

Looking right now at the schedule I posted (for Mon. Dec 21st) I see that there was a 3:00p return ferry(Mark Twain) from Nevis.

There are a couple different ferry companies that make the run to and from Nevis. Perhaps you failed to see that?

I do my fact checking before posting on these boards, I had the SKNvibes website up when I responded. Based on their website info only 2 ferries were running yesterday if memory serves me correctly- Caribe Queen and Sea Bridge. Today (Tuesday) Mark Twain does have a 3:00 pm ferry from Nevis.

My point was and still is, as most cruisers plan their excursions months ahead of time, to say that there is a 3:00 pm ferry is inaccurate. The ferry schedule is posted 1 maybe if your lucky 2 days in advance. As Paul mentioned, it is the start of Carnival this week, so more ferries will be added to bring people over from Nevis to join in on Carnival. Also, some of the ferries have been doing runs to St Maarten this past week.

I'm walking by the ferry terminal today, I will take a few pictures to show that ferry schedules are only posted to cover a few days at best.

Edited by toes_in_sand

today's ferry schedule 12/22/15 :ST. KITTS / NEVIS FERRY BOAT SERVICES

UPDATED SCHEDULE FOR TUESDAY 22 DECEMBER !!

SEA HUSTLER NOT RUNNING TUESDAY 22 DECEMBER !!

(Daily & Weekly Ferry Schedule Information & much more are available at the Free, Cutting-Edge & User Friendly Disaster Management App at http://ndmd.mobapp.at)

*** ATTENTION: THE NEW SCHEDULE BETWEEN ST. KITTS & NEVIS IS NOW BEING IMPLEMENTED

MAJOR CHANGES EXPECTED THIS WEEK DUE TO CARNIVAL ** MV Caribe Surf, Mark Twain & SEA HUSTLER (OFF TO ST. MAARTEN) not scheduled to run until further notice.

(NEVIS TO ST. KITTS)

TUESDAY 22 DECEMBER

06:00am Lady B

07:00am Sea Bridge

7:00am Caribe Queen

08:00am Caribe Breeze

08:30am Sea Hustler (NOT RUNNING)

09:00am Sea Bridge

10:00am Lady B

11:00am Sea Bridge

12:00pm Caribe Queen

01:00pm Caribe Breeze

01:00pm Sea Bridge

03:00pm Lady B

03:00pm Sea Bridge

04:00pm Caribe Queen

04:30pm Sea Hustler (NOT RUNNING)

05:30pm Caribe Breeze

06:00pm Sea Bridge

(ST. KITTS TO NEVIS)

TUESDAY 22 DECEMBER

06:00am Sea Hustler (NOT RUNNING)

07:00am Caribe Breeze

08:00am Lady B

08:00am Sea Bridge

09:30am Caribe Breeze

10:00am Sea Bridge

10:30am Caribe Queen

12:00pm Lady B

12:00pm Sea Bridge

01:00pm Caribe Queen

02:00pm Sea Bridge

03:00pm Sea Hustler (NOT RUNNING)

04:00pm Caribe Breeze

04:00pm Sea Bridge

05:00pm Lady B

06:00pm Caribe Queen

07:00pm Sea Bridge

Captain Phones: Caribe Queen: 662-9811 / Mark Twain & Lady B: 663-7206 / Sea Hustler: 663-7206 / Sea Bridge: 662-7002 / Caribe Surf & Breeze: 664-1643

I do my fact checking before posting on these boards, I had the SKNvibes website up when I responded,

As did I, and there was a 3p ferry(MV Mark Twain) scheduled. It would appear that the MV Lady B(operated by the same company) has now replaced the MV Mark Twain.

If you reread my original post ITT, you would see that I stated that there was CURRENTLY a 3p return ferry from Nevis. Whereas in your original statement ITT you stated...and I quote "There is no 3p ferry". I'm just stating the facts here.

The ferry is a DIY option, and may be better suited to those being more independent and/or for those with flexible plans and are able to adapt to variability. However, those that demand a more rigid itinerary for their day in port, perhaps would be better suited paying a company to hold their hand to rely on the same ferry schedule or take a CAT tour that spends more time getting to/from Nevis than actual time spent on Nevis.

ST. KITTS / NEVIS FERRY BOAT SERVICES

UPDATED SCHEDULE FOR WEDNESDAY 23 DECEMBER !!

(Daily & Weekly Ferry Schedule Information & much more are available at the Free, Cutting-Edge & User Friendly Disaster Management App at http://ndmd.mobapp.at/)

*** ATTENTION: THE NEW SCHEDULE BETWEEN ST. KITTS & NEVIS IS NOW BEING IMPLEMENTED

CHANGES LIKELY THIS WEEK DUE TO CARNIVAL

** MV Caribe Surf & Mark Twain not scheduled to run until further notice.

(NEVIS TO ST. KITTS)

WEDNESDAY 23 DEC

06:00am Lady B

7:00am Caribe Queen

08:00am Caribe Breeze

08:30am Sea Hustler

10:00am Lady B

12:00pm Caribe Queen

01:00pm Caribe Breeze

03:00pm Lady B

04:00pm Caribe Queen

04:30pm Sea Hustler

05:30pm Caribe Breeze

(ST. KITTS TO NEVIS)

WEDNESDAY 23 DEC

06:00am Sea Hustler

08:00am Lady B

09:30am Caribe Breeze

10:30am Caribe Queen

12:00pm Lady B

01:00pm Caribe Queen

03:00pm Sea Hustler

04:00pm Caribe Breeze

05:00pm Lady B

06:00pm Caribe Queen

Captain Phones: Caribe Queen: 662-9811 / Mark Twain & Lady B: 663-7206 / Sea Hustler: 663-7206 / Sea Bridge: 662-7002 / Caribe Surf & Breeze: 664-1643

Couldn't post my pictures that I took yesterday of the ferry times but its pretty much accurate to what Paul posted. Will try again today but changing the resolution on my camera.

The schedule is posted for the rest of the week. It appears no ferries running at all on Dec 26th which is the first day of Carnival. There goes my plans to escape to Nevis for the day!! :mad: unless there is a ferry from the Sea Bridge

ferry schedule for 12/26/15-Boxing Day :ST. KITTS / NEVIS FERRY BOAT SERVICES

SPECIAL SCHEDULE FOR SATURDAY 26 DECEMBER !!

** BOXING DAY - A NATIONAL HOLIDAY

(Daily & Weekly Ferry Schedule Information & much more are available at the Free, Cutting-Edge & User Friendly Disaster Management App at http://ndmd.mobapp.at)

*** ATTENTION: THE NEW SCHEDULE BETWEEN ST. KITTS & NEVIS IS NOW BEING IMPLEMENTED - CHANGES LIKELY THIS WEEK DUE TO CARNIVAL

** MV Caribe Surf & Mark Twain not scheduled to run until further notice.

Lady B/Sea Hustler as required

Carib Breeze/Caribe Surf as required

Note: as required is based on Passenger Flow

(NEVIS TO ST. KITTS)

SATURDAY 26 DECEMBER

03:00am Caribe Breeze

05:00am Caribe Breeze

08:30am Caribe Surf

(ST. KITTS TO NEVIS)

SATURDAY 26 DECEMBER

07:30am Caribe Surf