There seems to be a new beverage package... "Standard"

A Sixth?

Stella is a lager beer. IMHO all lager beers are indistinguishable [when I was in France in the late '60s the best beer we could get was from Alsace, called Panther Pils -- pronounce that French style and you will have its taste ;)]. IPA by its name is not beer, it is ale. Therein lies the difference (and the attraction!).

Ale is a type of beer, Lager is a type of beer, Stout is a type of beer.

Whilst not a fan of Lager I don't agree that they are indistinguishable.

As a Belgian I was shocked to see the prices of the Belgian beers on board. Stella Artois is indeed a very standard beer for us. More special beers like Chimay were also available on board but prices were ridiculous. It was about 35 USD. Here you would pay 5 max.

But I'm glad our stuff is being appreciated :-)

It might be in this thread somewhere and I missed it but: The beer selection (and prices) will vary depending on the different cruises so be careful with any 'menu' that is pictured in a thread, they do vary. It depends on the departure city (stocking location) and of course, they change over time.

Maybe a silly question but if you have the Classic package, I assume that would mean you are eligible to drink anything on the "Standard" AND the "Classic" package....and Premium gets all three? We have the Classic on an upcoming cruise. Just asking??? Thanks for clarification.

Edited by 2psoki

Sorry if I missed this but didn't see where it is still just a top up of the difference if you go over the price limit on the premium package??? That was one of the reasons we upgrade..so we can try some new wine varieties.

Gail

We noticed this on our recent Eclipse cruise. 45 a day plus 18 percent. If you fancy a pink colada you need a classic package.

We asked if they were removing coffee's and they said no but they are not listed in this flyer for any package.

Didn't see that thread thanks

Once again, I don't see O'Douls on ANY list....

Celebrity Cruise Rep!!!!! Are you out there? :p

Where does non alcoholic beer sit within the packages?

image_zpske3vswtr.jpg

That's a very useful post, thank you. I find it interesting that the new one includes "fountain soda" because I never saw a fountain soda served to anyone on my last X cruise (admittedly Dec 2013).

Premium,Classic & Standard Beverage Packages all offer alcohol options at different levels.... with Premium and Classic the same ones we know (kinda know... ) but this new "Standard Beverage Package" is a lower level even from classic.

What's up with that?

I am getting a free bev package for all my cruises... and it said "Classic" when I booked... will it still be "classic" when I board?

Anyone run into the new "Standard Beverage Package"

Here's the link....

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic&ComponentTypeId=30&categoryId=&currencyCode=USD

beverage-page.jpg

Classic Package

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinksup to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. *Starting from: 73.15 CAD Per NIGHT

Premium Package

Enjoy our entire selection of fine craft beers, top-shelf spirits, premium cocktails and wines-by-the-glass up to $13 per serving. Indulge in unique craft cocktails, extra-large martinis, even liquid nitrogen-chilled cocktails. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. *Starting from: 86.45 CAD Per NIGHT

Standard Package

Choose select beers and wines, spirits, cocktails, liquors and frozen drinks up to $6 per serving. Brand availability varies by bar location, but includes a variety of well branded spirits, popular wines and beers, fountain sodas, and bottled water. Plus, with purchase of this Standard Package, you can enjoy a 10% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.*Starting from: 59.85 CAD Per NIGHT

That is my concern. We booked cruises for 2017 and 2018 with classic beverage packages. There is no telling what will be included in 2-3 years.

My guess is by 2017 the Standard pkg will be what everyone gets with the Go Big promotion. Classic pkg will go with the Go Better promo, and Premium pkg will go with the Go Best promo.

We all know it's going to happen. The only question is when it takes effect.

Seeing how X took away a benefit promised to anyone who booked AQ, I wouldn't be shocked if X tried to switch from the Classic pkg to Std pkg for cruises booked a year out.

I hope X doesn't believe it can get away with any reduction in the product they promise when it's booked. The water thing with Aqua would be very small potatoes compared to the hue and cry if they changed Classic pkg to Std pkg.

That is my concern. We booked cruises for 2017 and 2018 with classic beverage packages. There is no telling what will be included in 2-3 years.