Ncl announces 2017 itineraries

ESCARGO

We have previously cruised Disney but I am looking to try NCL in December 2017. I know all the ins & outs with Disney but it's all new to me with NCL. Is there a typical time frame that they I could expect the end of 2017 dates to be released or is it random?

We have previously cruised Disney but I am looking to try NCL in December 2017. I know all the ins & outs with Disney but it's all new to me with NCL. Is there a typical time frame that they I could expect the end of 2017 dates to be released or is it random?

I would say quite random. They are into 2018 with Hawai'i but nothing else goes beyond Jun 2017. I would expect the second half of 2017 and into 2018 to dribble out during the first 4 months of 2016.

Mike

I suppose they may wait a while to load the advance schedule's, in order to have the flexibility to make changes according to latest market trends.

However, they risk losing some bookings to other cruise lines or land resorts, by those looking to book early for the best choices of accommodations, etc....

I am after that cruise as well. Where is a good spot for a balcony cabin?

We usually like to be as high up as we can. On the one this past September we did run into a little bit of rough water on the first sea day so on this cruise we are going to go with more midship on deck 10. Nothing above or below you to make noise

We usually like to be as high up as we can. On the one this past September we did run into a little bit of rough water on the first sea day so on this cruise we are going to go with more midship on deck 10. Nothing above or below you to make noise

I am glad I asked ... I was thinking mid ship but a lower deck to be near the water. We can start a real early roll call. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by familycruzer

Showing now on NCL USA but not on UK which is a bit of a pain as I can't use my cruise next on the US bookings according to my TA. Come on NCL update the UK site!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm seeing very few updates.

# cruise choices 250 (yesterday or whatever) => 258 now.

I'm looking at it right now Harriet through a proxy. Strange why it isn't showing for you?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What are those dates? I was looking at the Seattle to Vancouver on the Jewel, September 23, 2017.

Leaving Seatle beginning with a cruise through the Inside Passage followed by calls in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point, and Sitka, Alaska; Prince Rupert, British Columbia; plus a cruise to Sawyer Glacier and Glacier Bay and ending in Vancouver

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

There is also supposed to be a 10 day in September on the Jewel that is not listed yet that I think hpecorari was referring to. I would really like to see that one. I wonder why all the other Alaska itinerary's are listed but not that one?

I have to say I am not impressed one bit with the prices. We did a 9 day in May of this year in a forward penthouse (SE) and it was thousands less than the SF on the upcoming 8 day. That was really pushing it for us and was a real splurge. I know the prices are on NCL's website and I hope the 3rd parties prices can take a chunk out of them somehow.

Also not a fan of you getting a "perk" but then having to pay on top of it such as the gratuity on the beverage package. It was not long ago it was inclusive. I do hope we see some positive changes on our upcoming cruise this May as there was a noticeable drop off in the quality of many things over the year before. This last cruise was still our favorite of the 7 to Alaska that we have taken but if they are going to push prices up as much as they are I expect to see very noticeable changes for the good.

If not we will be exploring other cruise lines. We don't really want to but the product we fell in love with seems to be changing and so far not in a good direction. Fingers crossed NCL comes through on the other side of this mess and we can see why they did it.

Sorry for the rant :o

Edited by kdzkatz

What are those dates? I was looking at the Seattle to Vancouver on the Jewel, September 23, 2017.

Leaving Seatle beginning with a cruise through the Inside Passage followed by calls in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point, and Sitka, Alaska; Prince Rupert, British Columbia; plus a cruise to Sawyer Glacier and Glacier Bay and ending in Vancouver

Harriet

I'm with you! This is the one I was by far most interested in. I wish it was a little earlier in the season but the itinerary makes up for that. We have always cruised in May and it would be interesting to see Alaska during a different time of year.

I just checked some prices for the Alaska cruises and prices have significantly increased. The cruise that we did this summer (Booked February 2014) has increased by $300 pp for the summer of 2017 and the prices for suites are ridiculous.

Harriet

We booked the Sun 14 Day Ultimate Alaska May 15, 2017 cruise today. Got one of the two forward facing BC balconies on deck 11 - same one we had in 2013. The difference (besides ship) is that the Sun cruise starts in San Francisco, stops in Astoria (if the port is open) cruises Hubbard Glacier and stops in Nanaimo BC. The rest of the itinerary is pretty much the same as listed above for the Jewel September cruise that hasn't shown up yet on the NCL site. I'm sure either cruise will be great :)

We booked the Sun 14 Day Ultimate Alaska May 15, 2017 cruise today. Got one of the two forward facing BC balconies on deck 11 - same one we had in 2013. The difference (besides ship) is that the Sun cruise starts in San Francisco, stops in Astoria (if the port is open) cruises Hubbard Glacier and stops in Nanaimo BC. The rest of the itinerary is pretty much the same as listed above for the Jewel September cruise that hasn't shown up yet on the NCL site. I'm sure either cruise will be great :)

May 15th just doesn't work out for me as it's my daughter's birthday on the 31st, we always go to our boat in Maryland for the holiday weekends and I have a cruise booked in April. September, even though later in the season, just works for me better.

I'm sure we'll both enjoy! I've cruised the inside passage years ago. We drove our RV from Philadelphia through Canada and to Alaska, then put it on this cruise ship and cruised the inside passage for two days then drove home. What a vacation that was! Kids were little then....3 months and 2 1/2 years old at the time. Now oldest is 31! Those were the days...that was almost a 2 1/2 month vacation we took at that time!

Harriet