Internet package two device question

GreenGuyJ

I pre paid for the two device package and was recently told you will get a note with two passwords in your stateroom.

The answer two your question is yes you can use different devices once you log off.

Not true.

You create your own user name and your own password.

Not true.

You create your own user name and your own password.

On Anthem, there was nothing for us to create. We were given the password. I can't speak to how it may be done on other ships.

We had a two device package, and used it on multiple devices. But as noted above, only two devices may be connected at any single time.

Edited by Turtles06

On Anthem, there was nothing for us to create. We were given the password. I can't speak to how it may be done on other ships.

We had a two device package, and used it on multiple devices. But as noted above, only two devices may be connected at any single time.

Odd. I have not encountered that on any Royal Caribbean ship, including Quantum. But I won't have tried Anthem until 27 days from now. ;)

I pre paid for the two device package and was recently told you will get a note with two passwords in your stateroom.

The answer two your question is yes you can use different devices once you log off.

But since goneclear will be on the Navigator, s/he will get to choose her/his own user ID and password.

:)

Maybe it has to do with pre-paying. On the Oasis, we purchased onboard and set up our own username and password. That way, we used some OBC. We had a one device package and switched among three devices (2 iphones and an ipad).

Never had to log off any of them, nor were we prompted to, and the devices connected when needed.

Maybe it has to do with pre-paying. On the Oasis, we purchased onboard and set up our own username and password. That way, we used some OBC. We had a one device package and switched among three devices (2 iphones and an ipad).

Never had to log off any of them, nor were we prompted to, and the devices connected when needed.

Similar situation for us on Freedom in June. Bought a 1 device package and shared across 3 iPhones. Never had to log out of any of them. I assumed that when a new device logged on, the old device was automatically logged off. Around day 5, we realized that multiple devices were logged on at the same time. In fact, we were able to communicate with each other via text message. I verified that we were only charged for 1 device. I'm guessing this was some sort of "glitch", or maybe they disabled the one device at a time restriction late in the cruise because they weren't concerned about bandwidth. Either way, I wouldn't count on this working for you.