Just off the Anthem and it was wonderful

bayob

We have just gotten off the 12/12 sailing of Anthrm. Everything was great. We have no complaints. We had a wonderful time!

Great to hear. But can you please elaborate and be a bit more specific with your thoughts on food and service, as both of these have gotten many negative reviews.

We just got off also and had a great time! To all the complainers. (And we ran into a few). I don't understand! If you did any research at all you would know this class if ship was never advertised to be like "the others ". This is a new type of cruising for RCCL. Very similar to NCL. We enjoy "freestyle ". And only ate in specialty restaurants and had no complaints really

Great to hear. But can you please elaborate and be a bit more specific with your thoughts on food and service, as both of these have gotten many negative reviews.

It's definitely a slower pace as far as service. But for us it doesn't matter. We are on vacation and have nowhere we have to be ! All crew were very vocal about the set up and the difficulty for them to her around the ship. We ate at Izumi twice which was very good. However the waiters were very apologetic about how long it took to get our dessert apparently they have to navigate stairs and distance to get it. No biggie for us!

We also ate at Chops twice. Also very good. Same scenario. Took time. Again I don't care. I'm on vacation ! Good was very good

Ate At Jamie Oliver's. Did not care for the food at All. But that's ok. Just won't return there.

Any reason why you only ate in specialty restaurants?

We have grown to like it. And our Liberty of the Seas cruise in May we were very disappointed in the RCCL dining room food so decided to do what we do on our NCL cruises on the Anthem. We have slowly transitioned to this type of dining and enjoy it. It's funny because we used to love going to love to go eat at a big table in the dining room and meeting new people

We just got off also and had a great time! To all the complainers. (And we ran into a few). I don't understand! If you did any research at all you would know this class if ship was never advertised to be like "the others ". This is a new type of cruising for RCCL. Very similar to NCL. We enjoy "freestyle ". And only ate in specialty restaurants and had no complaints really

Since you only ate in specialty restaurants, of course you don't understand why people may be complaining about the quality of the food or service in the included venues (a main subject of the complaints). We loved Anthem, and the detailed comments I posted in my thread here are mostly positive, and extremely so, except regarding the subpar food and service in some of the included venues. I'm glad that your circumstances allowed you to avoid the included venues, but please understand that you did not experience Anthem as most people do.

Edited by Turtles06

Since you only ate in specialty restaurants, of course you don't understand why people may be complaining about the quality of the food or service in the included venues (a main subject of the complaints). We loved Anthem, and the detailed comments I posted in my thread here are mostly positive, and extremely so, except regarding the subpar food and service in some of the included venues. I'm glad that your circumstances allowed you to avoid the included venues, but please understand that you did not experience Anthem as most people do.

There was a woman at Chops on Sunday night. Only one day into the cruise who was sitting across from us. Hated the ship, hated her cabin, hated the shows, hated the food etc. Those are the complainers I'm referencing. It was 1 day in and she did not stop complaining the entire time. I was about to say to her "why don't you just fly home tomorrow from port Canaveral "?

Also last day we were waiting on like for North Star. Over an hour of a woman complaining nonstop once again about everything including standing on the rain on line to get on.

We met many people who overall were having a good time and like you had minor overall complaints and again the food and service issues which I believe RCCL is working on.

There was a woman at Chops on Sunday night. Only one day into the cruise who was sitting across from us. Hated the ship, hated her cabin, hated the shows, hated the food etc. Those are the complainers I'm referencing. It was 1 day in and she did not stop complaining the entire time. I was about to say to her "why don't you just fly home tomorrow from port Canaveral "?

Also last day we were waiting on like for North Star. Over an hour of a woman complaining nonstop once again about everything including standing on the rain on line to get on.

We met many people who overall were having a good time and like you had minor overall complaints and again the food and service issues which I believe RCCL is working on.

Certainly that's ridiculous-- I'm sure that I would like my cabin better if I booked the Grand Suite-- but I'm not going to, so you get what you pay for!! In my case, that's a studio balcony, which is likely a closet (but since I live in a studio apt. in Manhattan, I'm expecting to be fine!!).

Only three things can TOTALLY ruin my cruise: titanic, noro, or severe seasickness!! Otherwise, going in with realistic expectations and hope to make the best. Certainly looking forward to experiencing a new ship, especially one designed for cold weather (my first cruise on the breakaway was certainly not!)

That being said and knowing that I won't spend the week complaining, I am REALLY hoping for an improvement in food from what I'm reading on many reviews-- I did the three night dining and then the other five nights trying the included venues.

we too were on this cruise [first time on RC,we have about 10 cruises with cunard.] Although it was a good trip RC in NO WAY won us over from cunard. Our complaints are lack of cleaning in the windjammer and long lines almost everywhere . as far as the lame excuse "they are working on it" .......ninja pleeeezzzz...rc has been in the cruise biz for sometime.We would say that we have not crossed off rc in the future.

Certainly that's ridiculous-- I'm sure that I would like my cabin better if I booked the Grand Suite-- but I'm not going to, so you get what you pay for!! In my case, that's a studio balcony, which is likely a closet (but since I live in a studio apt. in Manhattan, I'm expecting to be fine!!).

Only three things can TOTALLY ruin my cruise: titanic, noro, or severe seasickness!! Otherwise, going in with realistic expectations and hope to make the best. Certainly looking forward to experiencing a new ship, especially one designed for cold weather (my first cruise on the breakaway was certainly not!)

That being said and knowing that I won't spend the week complaining, I am REALLY hoping for an improvement in food from what I'm reading on many reviews-- I did the three night dining and then the other five nights trying the included venues.

We knew from the reviews that the dining room food was no good, that is why we didn't go, and also our May Liberty of the Seas cruise we experienced lack of service and bad food in the main dining room, therefore we knew what was best for us was to dine in the restaurants.

RCCL food has declined in the dining rooms over the last few years. So for us we are happy we have the choice to dine elsewhere and feel its well worth the extra money to dine at Chops. We now have added Izumi to that list. Very good food both places

We knew from the reviews that the dining room food was no good, that is why we didn't go, and also our May Liberty of the Seas cruise we experienced lack of service and bad food in the main dining room, therefore we knew what was best for us was to dine in the restaurants.

RCCL food has declined in the dining rooms over the last few years. So for us we are happy we have the choice to dine elsewhere and feel its well worth the extra money to dine at Chops. We now have added Izumi to that list. Very good food both places

Everyone clearly has different tastes-- I was on Liberty in August for a B2B. I found the service to be very good in the dining room and the food to be mostly good.

People also talk about how great Sorrentos was on Liberty and I think it's barely passable.

Different strokes...

Edited by denatravels

It is difficult to comment on the food because everyone's tastes are different. For example,a I had the turkey dinner in American Icon and thought it was very good, a lady at the next table hated it because she thought it was too dry. We ate in American Icon, Silk, Chops, and Jaimes. We enjoyed all our meals. We are not foodies and always found something we liked on the menu. We ate breakfast in Windjammer and again had no complaints. As for service we had excellent servers in all restaurants. Very attentive, kept checking to see if our food was acceptable. We were in and out in an hour and a half for dinner.

Everyone clearly has different tastes-- I was on Liberty in August for a B2B. I found the service to be very good in the dining room and the food to be mostly good.

People also talk about how great Sorrentos was on Liberty and I think it's barely passable.

Different strokes...

Yup, and never enough to ruin my vacation. They way I look at it, I didn't gain any weight!

"We knew from the reviews that the dining room food was no good". It amazes me the level of ignorance on these boards! Amazing, just amzing!.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"We knew from the reviews that the dining room food was no good". It amazes me the level of ignorance on these boards! Amazing, just amzing!.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RCCL dining room food has declined over the last few years. This is from personal experience. We have cruised at least 2 times a year with RCCL for 15 years. It's a fact. But there are tons of options for food

Ignorant is going to the dining room complaining it's disgusting but going back every night for 7 nights and complaining again and again about it. No one forces people in there

Options are there for a reason

please....share your thoughts of your experience on this 12/12 sailing. How did you find the food and service ? Did you see the lines for most attractions ? Did you see how unclean the windjammer was ? You were on this cruise were you not ?

We have grown to like it. And our Liberty of the Seas cruise in May we were very disappointed in the RCCL dining room food so decided to do what we do on our NCL cruises on the Anthem. We have slowly transitioned to this type of dining and enjoy it. It's funny because we used to love going to love to go eat at a big table in the dining room and meeting new people

We have done exactly the same thing for our last 5 cruises. Like you, we used to love the main dining room with a large table of strangers. After a few 10 person tables with no table mates and a few less than stellar waiters we moved to specialty only and love it. All about choices...

please....share your thoughts of your experience on this 12/12 sailing. How did you find the food and service ? Did you see the lines for most attractions ? Did you see how unclean the windjammer was ? You were on this cruise were you not ?
What are you trying to say......:confused::confused::rolleyes: