PHOTO REVIEW: H turns GOLD on the Carnival Conquest (Fun Times, New Menus)

ProfCruise

Tuesday's order

Caribbean Bouillabaisse (took a few tries to spell that right)

mdr4_Caribbean%20boullabaisse_zpswtxvugzf.jpg

Crisp Portobello Mushrooms

mdr4_crisp%20portobello%20mushrooms_zpsbwxzwoqu.jpg

Pork Chop (I almost want to order this every time, just cause it's easy to spell)

mdr4_pork%20chop_zps7xere3f5.jpg

There may or may not be desserts coming next.

Uh oh, guess what day it is? Guess what day it IS. Hu! Anybody? Djyellowsub, guess what day it is? Oh come on, I know you can hear me! Delta Dear, Delta Dear, Delta Dear, what day is it Delta Dear? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Violets Mommy, what day is it? (just seeing if you three are still reading)

It’s HUMP DAY (well actually it’s Sunday, but these menus are from Wednesday).

Wednesday’s menus

mdrmenu5a_zpsnwzaplcq.jpg

mdrmenu5b_zpswkov35nd.jpg

mdrmenu5c_zpswdjvfhbd.jpg

mdrmenu5d_zpsfgbo5sgs.jpg

Wednesday's Desserts

Orange Rosemary Cake (probably our least favorite dessert, but it wasn't bad)

mdr5_orange%20rosemary%20cake_zpsnq2ih7tf.jpg

Double Roasted Pineapple

mdr5_double%20roasted%20pinapple_zps74xw8jfa.jpg

Bitter and Blanc

mdr5_bitter%20and%20blanc_zpszjsovfsg.jpg

Aztekpm (you still out there?), how happy are folks who get Bitter and Blanc for dessert? I’d say happier than a camel on hump day!

Nooooooo, I didn't see Bitter and Blanc on the menu when I selected that night for the steakhouse. I am crying, H. I thought they removed it from the American Table. Bummer, I missed it.

Yes, I heard you ! That dessert made the hump day better than ever.

I am still here enjoying all the food pictures. The American table looks great. It looks like some old favorites and some new treats to try. But nothing looks better than you in a tux. Surely, you have made the best dressed list and Ralph Lauren is looking for you to show off his latest designs. Of course, such a look probably complicates potty training. You deserve many extra Skittles for dressing like such a gentleman.

Another H review :) I think I have read all your reviews, although we have yet to sail on the same ship. Maybe you should aim for a bit of Sunshine this April, my 3 year old V would love to play in camp ocean (or carnival or whatever it is there) with you!

(Didn't realize naming my daughter Valerie would come with sounding slightly pg-13 when I shorten it. Oops)

I am still here enjoying all the food pictures. The American table looks great. It looks like some old favorites and some new treats to try. But nothing looks better than you in a tux. Surely, you have made the best dressed list and Ralph Lauren is looking for you to show off his latest designs. Of course, such a look probably complicates potty training. You deserve many extra Skittles for dressing like such a gentleman.

Yes, little tip for anyone trying to potty train a boy: maybe a cummerbund isn't the smartest choice (I did look gooooood though, didn't I?). I agree with you wholeheartedly on the Skittles too! Thanks for sticking with me all the way to the (almost) end!

Another H review :) I think I have read all your reviews, although we have yet to sail on the same ship. Maybe you should aim for a bit of Sunshine this April, my 3 year old V would love to play in camp ocean (or carnival or whatever it is there) with you!

(Didn't realize naming my daughter Valerie would come with sounding slightly pg-13 when I shorten it. Oops)

It's a date! It's FINALLY snowing here (not that I'm complaining really, but when you leave on a cruise and it's 70 degrees back home, it's hard to make all your friends jealous), so maybe I can earn enough shoveling walks to join V in April. I'll even drag my mom along so you two will stay out of our hair (I think you'd hit it off -- you clearly have a similar sense of humor). In the meantime, I'd go with "Val." ;)

Uh oh, guess what day it is? Guess what day it IS. Hu! Anybody? Djyellowsub, guess what day it is? Oh come on, I know you can hear me! Delta Dear, Delta Dear, Delta Dear, what day is it Delta Dear? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Violets Mommy, what day is it? (just seeing if you three are still reading)

I'm still here reading!! :)

In honor of throwback Thursday, here's a photo of me on my very first big boat trip -- back before I learned how to climb out of my crib and started talking back to my mother like a 13 year old girl ("I don't need parents").

day6_grandturk_harrisonbucket_3_zpsa04a2252.jpg

And now, the Thursday menus ("stop looking at me").

Thursday's menus

mdrmenu6a_zpsv0zqawrs.jpg

mdrmenu6b_zps8skm68gd.jpg

mdrmenu6c_zpsveo92vof.jpg

mdrmenu6d_zps3zimpazx.jpg

Thursday's order

Asparagus Vichyssoise (What is this Celebrity? What are the chances anyone on Carnival is going to know what that is? I'll tell you what it doesn't taste like...ice cream)

mdr6_chilled%20asparagas%20and%20potato%20soup_zpsqykggcit.jpg

Mixed Greens with Honey Mustard Dressing

mdr6_mixed%20greens_zpslmobo2k6.jpg

Roasted Pumpkin Soup

mdr6_roasted%20pumpkin%20soup_zps7hlralwd.jpg

Corn, Chili, Quinoa, Baked Tomato

mdr6_corn%20chili%20quinoa%20baked%20tomato_zps0jezs4sn.jpg

Salmon Fillet

mdr6_salmon%20fillet_zpsfmlvins1.jpg

Desserts coming ("just a few more minutes").

Thursday's desserts. First one more throw back. Here's the first time I ever had orange sherbet on the Freedom. It was magical (and messy).

MDRharrisoneatingorangesurbert_zpse3dd46f9.jpg

And some desserts from Friday.

Buttered Popcorn Pot de Creme (tasted sort of like caramel custard with caramel corn on top).

mdr6_buttered%20popcorn%20pot%20de%20creme_zpsi0pnce7k.jpg

Chocolate Panna Cotta

mdr6_chocolate%20panna%20cotta_zpsxsm8x6wa.jpg

Carnival Melting Chocolate Cake

mdr6_mcmc_zpsiqbp7jrl.jpg

Cheese Plate

mdr6_cheese%20plate_zpstjpnziwd.jpg

"I WANT MOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!" Calm down, more is coming.

TGIF!!!! Wait, it's Monday. Sorry about that. But these menus and food pics are from Friday (and I hope they make your Monday...or whichever day you're reading this...a little better).

Friday's menus (this was the second cruise elegant/American Feast night -- I won't post any more tux pics for fear you might die of a cuteness overdoes)

mdrmenu7a_zpskvzzs9jt.jpg

mdrmenu7b_zpstdm5bajz.jpg

mdrmenu7c_zpsdwldhexd.jpg

Friday's order

Stuffed Mushrooms

mdr7_stuffed%20mushrooms_zpsblzicfft.jpg

Caribbean Pepper Pot (I forgot to take a photo of the port specials for this night, but this was on that part of the menu)

mdr8_caribbean%20pepper%20pot_zpsuwyprjgh.jpg

Fusilli Mushroom Cream (This was mom's favorite entree. Seems an odd choice for elegant night, but maybe get one as a side for the table to share -- it's so good!)

mdr7_fusilli%20mushroom%20cream_zpsmmgctmmo.jpg

Grilled Jumbo Shrimp (order 2+ if you have a large appetite)

mdr7_grilled%20jumbo%20shrimp_zpszuwznkz7.jpg

You made it through your first Monday back at work, you've earned dessert!

Friday's desserts (and they're GOOD ones!)

Grand Marnier Souffle (one of mom's favorites!)

mdr7_grand%20marnier%20sufflee_zpswferrdtx.jpg

Banana White Chocolate Bread Pudding (a new favorite)

mdr8_banana%20white%20chocolate%20bread%20pudding_zpstbzyckgf.jpg

Key Lime Mousse

mdr7_key%20lime%20mousse_zpsuk00ehwb.jpg

Only one more night to go. I'm feeling depressed all over again.

Great review! As I mentioned all the way back on page 1, we were on your sailing, H, and I was apprehensive (but open-minded)about the AT / AF menu. I was pleasantly surprised, and enjoyed every meal. I did not miss the tablecloths on casual evenings, and like you, appreciated them on formal evenings. Our waitstaff was fantastic as well; always refilled our water glasses, food was served with a smile, and bar service was prompt. No complaints from us, H!

Edited by soccersharon

Aztekpm (you still out there?), how happy are folks who get Bitter and Blanc for dessert? I’d say happier than a camel on hump day!

LOL Yep still here, back to work today and certainly wishing it was hump day ... or I was on a cruise!

Saturday's order

Mango Cream (good, the "ice cream" soups are back)

mdr8_mango%20cream_zpsrktr99wl.jpg

Steamed Mussels

mdr8_steamed%20mussles_zpstuahrndt.jpg

Ricotta Ravioli (mom loved the pastas on the new menu)

mdr8_ricotta%20ravioli_zps1rkdzplx.jpg

And...for the last entree...Prime Rib!

mdr8_prime%20rib_zpssvcaflsn.jpg

Final desserts (sad face) and some last thoughts next.

Saturday's desserts

Banana White Chocolate Bread Pudding (I accidentally posted this one to Friday -- glad you were all paying attention -- but it can't be seen too much...so good!)

mdr8_banana%20white%20chocolate%20bread%20pudding_zpstbzyckgf.jpg

Oven Roasted Apple (Why did I pick this one to end with?!?! Anything that looks this much like a piece of fruit should not be considered a dessert IMO.)

mdr8_oven%20roasted%20apple_zps4mhlqpt0.jpg

LEAVING FROM OUR FUN SHIP

Our last evening in the MDR we waited for “show time” because, even though it’s corny and even feels a bit condescending (I’m not sure if that’s the right word, I’m 3, but you know what I mean, right?) to the wait staff, hearing the “Fun Ship” version of “Leaving on a Jet Plane” has become part of the ritual we love (or at least love to hate – last night and all) about cruising. And when they sing, “You’re leaving from our fun ship, we hope to see you back again,” we know that, even though our next 2 cruises are on NCL (I’ll report back with my thoughts or look for my reviews on the NCL board around March and July), we’ll be back on a Fun Ship very soon. For sherbet and cheese, for high fives, for towel animals, for new friends, for the kindness of strangers (especially the staff – who work so hard to make us feel like family even when they’re so far away from theirs), for the Truffula Tree Pancakes, for the beaches (and…cemeteries?), for the shows, for the peaceful sound of the water, for the rainbows and sunrises, for the free drink coupons (finally), for my talks with mom out on the balcony, for a week with no naps, for the great value. And…for the chance to reflect on and re-live our vacation again through these reviews and to reconnect with and make new “virtual” friends. Thank you all for sailing along with me. And may the next big prize you win be Ed McMahon knocking on your door. (Well it’s good I Googled how to spell “Ed McMahon.” Seems he’s been dead since 2009 – I guess you wouldn’t want him knocking around your house after all. Instead, I’ll just wish you a happy, healthy, 2016, and hope the Fun Ship "sees you back again!")

P.S. It seems mom accidentally deleted some photos from earlier on in the review (yeah, like she “accidentally” gave my howling monkey to Goodwill). I’ll be reposting those at the end of the review for anyone who needs them (they are mostly Camp Ocean schedules). I’ll also be posting a very brief review of our pre and post cruise motel (Quality Inn and Suites) for anyone interested. We picked that motel because it’s super close to the airport and cruise port and they offer a free (I should say that’s why “mom” picked it) airport and cruise port shuttle, breakfast, and free wifi. So, stay tuned if you’re interested. Otherwise, “bye for now.”