Carnival Excursions On Board Pricing

Our cruise on the Pride is stopping in Port Canaveral. We are considering going to Sea World with Carnival's excursion, but we want to wait to see what the weather will be like. (If the weather is bad, we'll probably to Kennedy. Though, if the weather is nice, we might do Kennedy, anyway).

As selling out is not a concern (they have 999 tickets), do they raise or lower prices for excursions once on board, as compared to the online advance price?

Thanks.

Actually I been told book early but last cruise took printouts with us. Waited till on board all tours were a couple bucks less. The reason we took a chance of being shut out was we had OBC to use. So unless it is a bu c ket list tour like small plane landing on glacier. I would wait. Oh if given choice of sea world or space center. .. space center would win

Prices could go up. I have seen many excursions selling for a higher amount on board than they were online, even just a few days prior. But I have also seen the same prices, so you never know. For me, Sea World would win. But I love animals, and am not that interested in the space center. It's a personal preference thing.

Edited by k2excursion

Prices could go up. I have seen many excursions selling for a higher amount on board than they were online, even just a few days prior. But I have also seen the same prices, so you never know. For me, Sea World would win. But I love animals, and am not that interested in the space center. It's a personal preference thing.

Loving animals and visiting sea world?

Kind of an oxymoron there.

Actually I been told book early but last cruise took printouts with us. Waited till on board all tours were a couple bucks less. The reason we took a chance of being shut out was we had OBC to use. So unless it is a bu c ket list tour like small plane landing on glacier. I would wait. Oh if given choice of sea world or space center. .. space center would win

Space center would win for me too, as I cannot bring myself to support Sea World anymore. Their practices are barbaric.

If you don't believe me (and you have Netflix streaming), watch the documentary "Blackfish". You will change your mind about Sea World in a heartbeat.

Space center would win for me too, as I cannot bring myself to support Sea World anymore. Their practices are barbaric.

If you don't believe me (and you have Netflix streaming), watch the documentary "Blackfish". You will change your mind about Sea World in a heartbeat.

Op here. I really don't want this thread to go off topic, but I can't let this go by without comment.

That movie is full of lies and propaganda. Just google blackfish movie lies to learn the facts involved, as opposed to just accepting the script created by an activist group.

The truth is that Sea World (and their sister parks Bush Gardens) does a lot for conservation and animal rescue, and, perhaps most importantly, education. Supporting them does a lot to help wildlife.

We've been to Sea World, and love it, and we are looking forward to going again (either this time, or another). But, I know it's a long bus ride from the port. We haven't been to Kennedy, and we ASSUME we'll like it. Hence, our difficult decision.

If Sea World were close to port (and the weather was good) we'd choose that, easily.

So, given all that, why would you choose Kennedy?

I've seen the prices fluctuate up or down by $10-$20 online, an extreme example is Amber Cove cabana $100 reduction. Not sure about on board. Given the distance between Port Canaveral and the theme parks, I wouldn't want to rush to the park, get rushed around at the park and rush back to the ship IMO. There's a lot to do at these parks and if the lines for each attraction are long you could find yourself doing less than planned. If they give all Carnival guests priority then that would make it better. It's been 20 years since I've been to Sea World so my experience may be a bit out dated.

While I really loved my visit to Sea World many years ago (I became a huge manatee fan that day), my vote would be for Kennedy Space Center which I always visit when I'm in the area. There is so much to see there. They have a really fun ride that is a simulation of a manned spaceflight. There are two IMAX theatres which show two different movies. Last time I was there they still did some tours to the old launch sites. Depending on the day, they may have some of the old astronauts and other employees talking about their experiences at NASA. If your group has even a passing interest in space, this is a must see.

Op here. I really don't want this thread to go off topic' date=' but I can't let this go by without comment.

That movie is full of lies and propaganda. Just google blackfish movie lies to learn the facts involved, as opposed to just accepting the script created by an activist group.

The truth is that Sea World (and their sister parks Bush Gardens) does a lot for conservation and animal rescue, and, perhaps most importantly, education. Supporting them does a lot to help wildlife.[/quote']

Thank you so much for beating me to it. I agree with you completely. I receive plenty of newsletters from another marine park, hearing of all the great work they & other marine parks do. These animals they take care of, and so many others that they release, would die quickly without the help of these marine parks.

Back on topic, I have always questioned an excursion to any of the Orlando parks as a mid-cruise excursion. Time is so limited, when you factor in the bus ride to and from. I would rather travel to Orlando & stay there for several days to visit the parks. Because of that, the space center would probably be a better option, if that does sound interesting to you.

Op here. I really don't want this thread to go off topic' date=' but I can't let this go by without comment.

The truth is that Sea World (and their sister parks Bush Gardens) does a lot for conservation and animal rescue, and, perhaps most importantly, education. Supporting them does a lot to help wildlife.[/quote'] CNN backs that movie 100percent sorry no lies and propaganda

CNN backs that movie 100percent sorry no lies and propaganda

You mean after they bought the rights to the movie so they could profit off of it? Sorry, once they own the movie, they are no longer unbiased.

And, once again, look into facts yourself, instead of relying on the conclusions of others who have their own agendas.

I do know that living in Florida whenever we have a marine life emergency along the coastline Seaworld is always there to help in whatever way they can to save the life of the stranded animal.

Both places are great to visit but unless they have some kind of priority for Carnival I'm afraid the lines at Seaworld would make for a hectic day.

You mean after they bought the rights to the movie so they could profit off of it? Sorry' date=' once they own the movie, they are no longer unbiased.

And, once again, look into facts yourself, instead of relying on the conclusions of others who have their own agendas.[/quote'] Same to you

I do know that living in Florida whenever we have a marine life emergency along the coastline Seaworld is always there to help in whatever way they can to save the life of the stranded animal.

Both places are great to visit but unless they have some kind of priority for Carnival I'm afraid the lines at Seaworld would make for a hectic day.

We'll be in FL Wed, Jan 13, so I'm not too worried about crowds. I figured that Sea World would be relatively empty.

But, might Kennedy be crowded due to Pride being there?

Helping O.P. here. Let's go more off topic...(insert sarcasm) ... NASA use/d animals in research also developmental test flights ect... I recommend go to the beach and wrestle some sharks. Lol.

But on a more serious note. Here is my $0.02. Both have more than you can enjoy in the limited time on shore... but Space Center would be my vote. Only 1 Kennedy Space Center. 3 Sea Worlds.

I've seen that excursion sell out quickly. Yes prices can go up. I don't even see how they have almost 1,000 tickets. That doesn't seem right to me. I have a cabana reserved and they list availability some days as 187! Of course I know that couldn't possibly be right.

I wouldn't wait to book it. As for going to SeaWorld to begin with, that's totally up to you. I would go to Kennedy instead for a variety of reasons.

Addressing the topic, I wouldn't think that you will find rice drops once on board for the ships tours. Carnival has a best price guarantee for their tours and if they lowered their price onboard they would have to refund the difference to anybody that had paid more.

Now my suggestion. If you were to go to the Kennedy Space Center I would certainly suggest renting a car and driving there yourself. The car companies have shuttles waiting at the port with only a 5 min. drive to pick up the car. You can check out the ports of call threads for more info. on these. From there it is only about a 15min. drive to the Kennedy Space Center. If you are 2 or more there will be a cost savings. You can look online for the prices of the activities you would be interested in once there. You also have the added benefit of not being tied to a group with a specific schedule.

If you choose to go to Sea World you could do the same thing, but I would look at the ship tour because it is much farther away and that by itself raises a greater possibility that any complication could result in a delay returning to the ship on time.

Have a great cruise

Addressing the topic, I wouldn't think that you will find rice drops once on board for the ships tours. Carnival has a best price guarantee for their tours and if they lowered their price onboard they would have to refund the difference to anybody that had paid more.

Have a great cruise

I thought that too. But read in the fine print Carnivaldotcom "In order to be eligible to receive the Best Price Guarantee, you must (1) reserve the applicable shore excursion(s) prior to the commencement of your cruise; and (2) complete and submit an online Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee claim form at least seven (7) days prior to the commencement of your cruise." So they could technically drop the price once aboard and not have to price match. My guess in order to try and fill up any leftover vacancies. It is just likely just pure profit for them to sell the last few spots.

Just to clarify--been to both sea world and space center many times. Both are great. But Sea world is a long drive from the port and I don't think you get your money worth cause you have to leave the park too early. And they gave us a time to be back on the bus than we waited for over an hour on the hot bus while they waited for stragglers if I had know they would wait I would have straggled too! The space center is closer. So if I was on a ship I would do to the space center.

• 2 weeks later...

Op here. Wanted to come back for an update.

We decided on Kennedy. Reasons: we've been to Sea World a few times, but never Kennedy, Kennedy was highly recommended (in this thread and elsewhere), and Kennedy is a lot closer to the port.

We also decided to go with the ship excursion. With just the 2 of us, it'll be $200. Going on our own would be $60 rental car + $10 gas + $15 parking + $100 tickets, which adds to $185. Not enough of a difference to be worth dealing with a shuttle to the car rental, and then a car rental back to the ship after having to stop for gas.

I could probably shop around for a better rental price, but I'd probably also want to rent a GPS for the day.

Thanks for the help everyone!

I hope you enjoy your excursion. It sounds like things worked out alright for you. On occasion, the ship's excursion isn't much more expensive than doing it on your own. Not having to hassle with all that stuff is definitely worth an extra $15. I'll tell you what. I'll be going to Sea World next week in your place.:D