No more Spirit class ships out of Florida?

fourkittys

We were on the Legend a few years ago out of Tampa. We loved her siz:mad:e and layout and would love to sail any of the Spirit class ships again . We cruise in October and/or Nov. and none have been available from Florida for some time now. Are they gone for good?

They'll never build anymore like them. Not profitable enough, because they don't fully squeeze in passengers in like all the new Carnival ships.

For us, makes a big diff that on Legend and Pride, it simply never feels

overly crowded.

Just booked the Legend for a bucket list cruise in April 2017 - 11 nt. repo cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver and then an 8 nt. cruise to Alaska. Pricing seems a little high now, but wanted to get my preferred "special" cabin while it's still available. I'll watch pricing to see if it drops, especially for the repo cruise. LOVE the Spirit class ships and sad they won't have them in the US any longer.

Just booked the Legend for a bucket list cruise in April 2017 - 11 nt. repo cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver and then an 8 nt. cruise to Alaska. Pricing seems a little high now, but wanted to get my preferred "special" cabin while it's still available. I'll watch pricing to see if it drops, especially for the repo cruise. LOVE the Spirit class ships and sad they won't have them in the US any longer.

Does you Alaska cruise end in Vancouver or Seattle? If it ends in Seattle, you may not be able to do the B2B. There is a lot of info on the boards about the Passenger Vessel Service Act (cargo is Jones Act).

Does you Alaska cruise end in Vancouver or Seattle? If it ends in Seattle, you may not be able to do the B2B. There is a lot of info on the boards about the Passenger Vessel Service Act (cargo is Jones Act).

It ends in Seattle, and you're correct, I never thought about that. I wonder if it makes a difference that it's 2 different booking numbers? I'll wait and see what happens. It's so far off and I have 2 other cruises booked between now and then. If Carnival catches it I'll cancel the Alaska trip (been there twice), if not, I'll go :)

Unless something has changed, the Miracle is going to China in 2017.

I just got off the Victory today and met someone who worked in Carnival Corporate office who told me the plan is only to have The Miracle go to China for a 2 month run to test the market. Then the Splendor will move there permanently while the Miracle will go between China and the US like the Legend does between Australia and Alaska.

He also mentioned the ships will home port in Shanghai using Costa's current infrastructure in the region.

No word on itineraries yet.

Just wanted to pass that along. I know things can change, but this is what was just told to me.

I too wish spirit class ships stayed in the states especially the Tampa area!

I love the port of Tampa and miss not having a 7 day cruise from there. I sailed the Miracle and Legend from there. Did the Spirit 3 times. I have never been on the Pride. I guess I need to get a cruise booked on her before they let her go too. My favorite class of ships.