Cabin safe

Nanobot

The key is always in the lock when you arrive in the room.

In my experience, the key in the lock is extremely hit or miss. On my last cruise, the key was actually broken off in the locked drawer, making that drawer unusable and a bit dangerous was the broken end of the key was quite sharp.

I have picked the locks on the drawers before with a bent paperclip when I could not find the key, so it's not difficult, even for a novice.

I use the safe, but I also know the internet is full of videos on how easy it is to pick or hack them. So I don't consider them as safe as the safety deposit boxes that hotels used to have.

On my last cruise, the key was actually broken off in the locked drawer, making that drawer unusable and a bit dangerous was the broken end of the key was quite sharp.

That's what I bring duct tape for.

We had a broken drawer, and I "fixed" it with duct tape, then mentioned it to the steward. She got someone in there fast to fix it.

We could probably remove the broken key w/ pliers, that's if they let us bring them.

Not in our case. We had it happen twice and one person came each time. Once was the concierge and once was a crew member.

I would not like that although I guess that if I were present it would not be a problem.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Copper how come you know so much about all things "cruising"...and you speak Dutch...you know who to contact when the need arises..you found my "Groote Beer"......and..."Semper Fi"...are you a Marine?....I enjoy your posts! keep posting!

And you never make me feel unwelcome with my only 20 days of cruise experience, not like some posters here....

Thank you!

Copper how come you know so much about all things "cruising"...and you speak Dutch...you know who to contact when the need arises..you found my "Groote Beer"......and..."Semper Fi"...are you a Marine?....I enjoy your posts! keep posting!

And you never make me feel unwelcome with my only 20 days of cruise experience, not like some posters here....

Thank you!

Hoi Sonneke; ben geboren in Amsterdam/was Hollands en na de middelbare school daar, mijn zusters gevolgd naar L.A. Na een jaartje college, vier jaar bij de Mariniers gediend en daardoor Amerikaans staatsburger geworden. 30 jaar bij de politie in L.A, gewerkt en na afloop werk ik nu nog steeds part-time (alleen betaald onder kontrakt) by HAL/Hi Sonneke; born in Amsterdam/was Dutch and after high school, followed my sisters to L.A. After a year or so of college, served four years in the Marine Corps and, as a result, became a U.S. citizen. Worked 30 yrs with the Police in L.A., and after that, am still working part-time with HAL (p/t because I'm only paid when under contract)

very interesting:) En nog altijd het Nederlands bij gehouden/still always kept up your Dutch!

I last spoke Dutch in 1956, immigrated to Canada affter 2 years High School. Married young, to an Irishman who did not want to hear Dutch spoken in his home. Had 3 boys, all university educated. Went back to school got an accounting diploma. Worked for a Bank. Left the Irishman.....youngest son married a girl with Dutch parents.....he now speaks some Dutch...lol