Cabin safe

Nanobot

AS others have said - passports, wallets, credit cards, IDs, jewelry, etc. all go in as soon as we board. Not that we've ever had any trouble with theft, I will add, but so that everything valuable is in a place we can find it when we need it. Not every desk drawer gets checked when we're packing to leave.

Edited by dakrewser

I have never not used the safe - whether it be a cruise ship or a hotel room or a hotel lobby if necessary. Not taking any risk with passports, etc.

the safes on HAL work great - no reason not to use them.

The safe is where security will look for your passport and valuables if you have a problem on shore and need to be left in port, say at a hospital.

We use it for all of the above mentioned items, plus our shore excursion tickets... so we know we they are.

No we have never had a problem with theft. The room stewards have always been 100% trustworthy. But others can have access to the room too and we try not to take chances. Besides, it's easy to find our stuff if we know it's in the safe. m--

Edited by RMLincoln

Count us in as another couple who has always used the cabin safe. Passports, extra money, car keys, cell phones, jewelry, wallets, and so on have always gone in the safe and always will. Never crossed my mind not to use the cabin safe. Like it so much that I had a much larger version actually built into our house during a remodel a few years ago.

First thing we do when we get to our cabin is set our four digit code and put our things in the safe. I put a few of my Rx medications in the safe along with other things I wish protected.

We use the safe immediately after getting to our cabin. Never thought about the Rx though - good idea!

If you are worried about having a problem getting items out of the safe, there is no need.

Onetime one of us pushed a wrong button while setting the combination, and we couldn't get it open afterward. We told the steward, and he had to call a ships officer (not sure of his rank) and he opened it for us. There was a delay of about an hour, but that was all. After that we were extra careful when resetting the combination.

We always use the safe..then there was the time I forgot our code...quick call to the front desk and security person came and helped us out with our short termed memory lapse. Feel very safe with our belongings placed in the safe. As others have said it is our first place to unpack and place all our "stuff" we would never just leave out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD