Amber and Matty P's Conquest Adventures!

PurdueChefAmber

Loving the review so far, we will be on the Conquest in 3 weeks, so this is getting me really excited to go.

Question about Port Everglades, I've read in the past they were overly cautious about carry on items we are allowed to bring on. Lots of people having fans and power strips taken away (even if they fit Carnival's restrictions). Did you try to bring either of these on board? Did you have any trouble with it? I have both packed in my carry on, still in their new boxes and am hoping we will be allowed to keep both. My husband will be a less than happy camper without a fan to move the air around the room at night!

I AM SO SORRY!!!! hahaha Work has been INSANE with some staffing changes and both kids got sick. I am back at it!

After our fun time at Alchemy, we went to the taste bar and that was always yummy and offered on random nights.

325C53D8-74BD-4AB7-8FDD-28933501920C_zpstbrf2cpa.jpg

59E76E6F-7420-4DA7-9723-71B1FFEF9597_zpsopkkezgd.jpg

After enjoying our taste bar, we decided to go check out the menu for the MDR. We were going to the Steakhouse for the wine promo and I wanted to make sure you all saw the menu!

4FBF6E3C-BE9E-4A90-B940-AAB15C9396CB_zps7fkfa2pl.jpg

7FC41890-C042-437D-AC00-3D7CFD8CFE99_zpsxgrb5jwi.jpg

3129509F-FC6F-4E93-A36E-4E7DC7FB45C0_zpsa59kmcl1.jpg

Edited by PurdueChefAmber

CF8CCECF-9058-47B2-B264-8473F498895F_zpsnzsnnk6j.jpg

29C74735-F58F-459D-AC37-ED82659F28CF_zpsiq3vigk8.jpg

The MDR always had the menu posted outside so you could go see what was for dinner. I really enjoyed American Table and was sad to miss the offerings of night 1 but I will get to try them in April.

We went to the Steakhouse for our 6:30 reservation and it was very slow in there. I was surprised since the first night is always busy because of the wine promo. Service was great and we chose to get 50% off of any bottle of wine since DH is not a big wine drinker. Her suggestion was awesome.

23C38D1E-60F2-4259-85CE-8FA5DF83CBC9_zpspn2yfvxh.jpg

It, of course, was not the best pairing with the meal but if my DH will drink it, I am happy. I was excited to try the lobster bisque as I have never had it and it was AMAZING. I wish you could order it at anytime on the cruise but I am sure your hips wouldn't be happy if you did! :)

D71D85AE-29DD-441E-BAAB-697D90D077AD_zpsju80ninl.jpg

Edited by PurdueChefAmber

Matt decided to try the french onion soup and really enjoyed the flavor but thought it had too much cheese. Is that possible?

764E11F3-F4EB-4D1B-9683-631FF014E3A9_zpsusinrbal.jpg

Instead of salad, we both wanted another appetizer so I got the Grilled Portobello and he got the Beef Carpaccio.

7D74237F-71D3-4B0E-8B5F-F14BFA1D8574_zpsphvokky4.jpg

D9A0A864-309B-47E5-BF38-60B0B152DA3B_zpsmwmt8e6l.jpg

The portobello was, in my opinion, lacking in flavor and overdressed. I think it was just an off night, I have enjoyed this same dish in the past. Matt liked his beef.

Next, it was main dish time!! Woo hoo! Too bad I was already stuffed! I got the surf and turf and Matt got the Spice Rubbed Ribeye. We both LOVED our main dishes. They steaks we cooks to a perfect medium rare and my lobster was so good that there was no way I could order one the next night at formal night. It just would not compare!

0631165B-64C6-47FF-B0F7-5045A8DE76DF_zpsvafu8sar.jpg

Oooo I see the yummy bread butter and toppings. They are all good but Carnival's butter is just the best.

FD41A165-A0B4-4A7E-8468-F08943F786BB_zpsyv1kdh4m.jpg

The first night, I was shocked at how much you could hear chairs scraping overhead! It happened from around midnight to two AM. I turned my white noise app on my phone and the sound never bothered us again. This would be something I took note of if staying in an aft cabin.

I always had bad luck with CHOGS on my cruises and this would be NO exception. I went out around 7 AM and all the front row AFT pool chairs were reserved. With not a person in sight, this upset me. The AFT pool stays covered until 8 AM.

5C08E9AB-CC0E-4A03-9F80-284869D1B5B3_zps0fif80bw.jpg

Shortly after they opened the roof, the skies also opened and all the CHOGs stuff got wet. Oops! hehehe

We thought that with the passing shower, it would be a good time to try out the sea day brunch! We sat with a big group of people that were not super friendly. Bummer.

Matt got Steak and Eggs and enjoyed it. I got the Huevos Racheros. I loved the flavor but didn't enjoy the chicken quesadilla. I got mac and cheese and it was awesome. I also got my Mocha Chocolate Getaway with my drink coupon but didn't take a picture. I also kept forgetting to take a picture before we ate. Oops! Sorry!

92EAD4F1-3B4C-48A0-ACB1-3C1154AF0FAD_zpsbz3m9drp.jpg

Bread Basket, yum.

04ED14F6-A765-4DF9-AD5E-1C944243F9D4_zpsxdrbznf3.jpg

Steak and eggs cooked medium

C7BF8CAF-C196-492B-8342-6D18931DDFD3_zpsfp6roxfa.jpg

Huevos

8D54DB7A-26A4-4A9B-94C7-8EF9F8A36ED7_zpsktzeixnj.jpg

Mac and Cheese

Sadly, the chair hogs were worse when we got back from Breakfast! No poolside for us! The weather remained to be iffy until just after noon. This would be the last questionable weather for the whole cruise besides night time!

60FE5D9C-DB32-4AD8-AD6E-3F6AC297186A_zps3pfahwqs.jpg

Hi Amber. So Glad to see you back and continuing the review I was waiting Impatiently lol........The Steak house food looks yummy as always

Damn those Chogs If I walked by the pool at 7am n saw towels saving seats and came back after having Bfast round 8-8:30 and still No people and only towels I'd personally move ALL THE STUFF to the towel room......Supposedly they have a 40 minute time limit to DO AWAY with these Rude Chogs

Can't wait for more of your photos and review

Edited by LaCal

Oh please do not feel you have to apologize for well Life.

Thanks for doing this review. I know they take time and

you have inspired me to maybe do one when I get back

from mine.

Thanks for the food pics and first night menu. I am going to

talk to the girls to see if they want to do the steakhouse, I am

going to suggest doing so the first night. Also thanks for the

tip about the chair dragging this was one of my concerns so

I'll be adding the white noise app so that won't be a problem.

What about vibration did that seem to be a problem?

Thanks again see you when you can get back here.:)

Gina

Come back!!! I want mooorrrreeeee :) I love this review. Fun, Perky, upbeat, Love the photos of the menus and the fun times. I'm thinking of booking the conquest for an 8 day eastern in the fall ... and your review is going to help me decide!!!!! :)

Thanks!

Cheers,

Jeff aka Recovery Dude :)