dining package and a la carte

hlb76

Great post,with Cagney's receipts.

Now I am sooooo hungry after looking over,your selections.

,I know now what we will,order when we sail in 2 weeks!!!

I guess the diets will have to wait.. Wink, wink

Happy New Year!!!

Cheers.

i just booked my first NCL cruise on the Sun in Alaska. the cruise is june 27 2016. i was able to get the ultimate drink package and the dining package (4 nights) as part of the promo. i have read on the forums that i should definitely make reservations for the specialty restaurants in advance. i registered myself at NCL and can pull up my cruise. i can't find anything on it about how to reserve dining reservations or excursions. i was wondering if the cruise is to many days away to pull that information up on my NCL page. is that true or am i doing something wrong. any help would be appreciated. :D

i just booked my first NCL cruise on the Sun in Alaska. the cruise is june 27 2016. i was able to get the ultimate drink package and the dining package (4 nights) as part of the promo. i have read on the forums that i should definitely make reservations for the specialty restaurants in advance. i registered myself at NCL and can pull up my cruise. i can't find anything on it about how to reserve dining reservations or excursions. i was wondering if the cruise is to many days away to pull that information up on my NCL page. is that true or am i doing something wrong. any help would be appreciated. :D

Reservations can be made 90 days out. 100 for suites.

Reservations can be made 90 days out. 100 for suites.

I had a question about this. I am in a aft penthouse and it is less than 100 days away but I still can't make reservations. Am I looking in the wrong place online? I would think it would be in the dining section. I have the SDP as one of the promos maybe that is why I don't see it?? This is our first time with ncl so the website is new to us to book things. I know I could call but I would rather make reservations online. [emoji18]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had a question about this. I am in a aft penthouse and it is less than 100 days away but I still can't make reservations. Am I looking in the wrong place online? I would think it would be in the dining section. I have the SDP as one of the promos maybe that is why I don't see it?? This is our first time with ncl so the website is new to us to book things. I know I could call but I would rather make reservations online. [emoji18]

Why not call and ask them to guide you to the proper place online?

Are you logged in to your MyNCL account? From there when you are viewing your trip it's under explore and plan.

Go into your reservation after signing in and then go to Explore and Plan and on the left hand side, there should be options like beverage packages, dining, etc. If you click on dining, you should be able to reserve your dinners. You might have to add your cruise if it is not there.

You can always call the pre-Concierge and they can make the reservations for you: 1-855-625-4283

Edited by NLH Arizona

The prices of Cagneys menu is crazy...you already paid for food included in the cruise price and now they are charging restaurant prices while on board. ..money grab at its finest.

It's one of the specialty restaurants. You don't have to go there. Plus if you choose the SDP as one of your promos then you get to dine there free if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go into your reservation after signing in and then go to Explore and Plan and on the left hand side, there should be options like beverage packages, dining, etc. If you click on dining, you should be able to reserve your dinners. You might have to add your cruise if it is not there.

You can always call the pre-Concierge and they can make the reservations for you: 1-855-625-4283

Thanks. I don't mind calling but I figure I would try asking some seasoned cruisers before talking to somone on the phone. I will call them since my account only shows the Cirque show to reserve. Thanks

We have the UDP, I know Margaritaville is now a la carte. What will we be charged if we go for lunch? I have seen posts where people have the UDP and they say it was free for them. Not a big deal, I was just wondering. If we want to go, and need to pay, no big deal, but I was just wondering what other people's experiences have been.

We have the UDP, I know Margaritaville is now a la carte. What will we be charged if we go for lunch? I have seen posts where people have the UDP and they say it was free for them. Not a big deal, I was just wondering. If we want to go, and need to pay, no big deal, but I was just wondering what other people's experiences have been.

We also have UDP and it was FREE for us. It was already an a la carte restaurant during our December 12 cruise so we it was never very busy.

We went there twice during our cruise and we can order any food we want for free. Servings are huge! We received great food and service both times. The servers even offered to pack any food that we want to bring in the room with us.

Similar to the Cagney's receipts uploaded by LrgPizza, you will see the UDP discount is 100% so total food bill is $0.

Your dining package will cover the standard restaurants that will have moved to a la carte pricing. You may or may not be able to order multiple appetizers/deserts. But I never understood that anyway. Why order more food than necessary just because it's allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When your party consists of 3 athletic DS ages 18+, multiple items including entrees are the norm not just because it's allowed. You should see my grocery bill when they all are home.

The prices of Cagneys menu is crazy...you already paid for food included in the cruise price and now they are charging restaurant prices while on board. ..money grab at its finest.

Every cruise I have been on has specialty dining restaurants, and we never feel like we have to go to get a good meal. I'm so thankful for the promo so we have the option to dine in them at no charge but gratuity. However, on our last NCL cruise, I was completely satisfied without eating in the speciality restaurants.

When your party consists of 3 athletic DS ages 18+, multiple items including entrees are the norm not just because it's allowed. You should see my grocery bill when they all are home.

On our Princess cruise last year one of our table mates was a slight man in his early 50s. Each night at dinner (MDR) he ordered 3 entrees. Rarely an appetizer or dessert. He would politely polish off ever plate. He looked forward to his cruise each year and a chance to eat these kinds of dishes.

Are you permitted to order multiple entrees with UDP as opposed to the SDP?