Royal Excursion

shorti503

I have searched the Cozumel board but haven't been able to find an answer to this. Royal is offering this excursion. It's sounds really neat but since I can't find any info I'm nervous about the cost it is $150 per person and I will be paying for 4 people.

MONSTER JEEP TO HIDDEN MAYAN RUIN AND VIRGIN BEACH - EXCLUSIVE

OVERVIEW

Explore an ancient path accessible only by 4x4 vehicle, followed by lunch and time to relax on a secluded beach. In your Monster Jeep, you’ll tackle rugged terrain as you make your way to a side of the island few people have had the chance to experience — an ancient and bumpy path leading to a Mayan ruin poised in front of the ocean. Then head to a beautiful remote beach for a typical Mexican lunch and some time to play or simply relax under the warm sun. The road to reach the Mayan ruin and the beach has been, until recently, closed. While it is open, the road is still not suitable for cars. Only vehicles like your Monster Jeep can handle the terrain, giving you exclusive access to some of the island’s hidden treasures.

HIGHLIGHTS

Five-hour off-road adventure: Hop in a Monster Jeep and discover a part of the island only accessible by 4x4.

Mayan ruin: Drive an ancient, bumpy path leading to a Mayan ruin poised in front of the ocean.

Secluded beach: Enjoy a delicious Mexican lunch followed by time to relax and play on a beautiful, remote beach.

Has anyone done this or know how I can find more info out on it?

I have searched the Cozumel board but haven't been able to find an answer to this. Royal is offering this excursion. It's sounds really neat but since I can't find any info I'm nervous about the cost it is $150 per person and I will be paying for 4 people.

MONSTER JEEP TO HIDDEN MAYAN RUIN AND VIRGIN BEACH - EXCLUSIVE

OVERVIEW

Explore an ancient path accessible only by 4x4 vehicle, followed by lunch and time to relax on a secluded beach. In your Monster Jeep, you’ll tackle rugged terrain as you make your way to a side of the island few people have had the chance to experience — an ancient and bumpy path leading to a Mayan ruin poised in front of the ocean. Then head to a beautiful remote beach for a typical Mexican lunch and some time to play or simply relax under the warm sun. The road to reach the Mayan ruin and the beach has been, until recently, closed. While it is open, the road is still not suitable for cars. Only vehicles like your Monster Jeep can handle the terrain, giving you exclusive access to some of the island’s hidden treasures.

HIGHLIGHTS

Five-hour off-road adventure: Hop in a Monster Jeep and discover a part of the island only accessible by 4x4.

Mayan ruin: Drive an ancient, bumpy path leading to a Mayan ruin poised in front of the ocean.

Secluded beach: Enjoy a delicious Mexican lunch followed by time to relax and play on a beautiful, remote beach.

Has anyone done this or know how I can find more info out on it?

I have not done this excursion, but I have seen the people drive past me.

It looked like they were having fun.

Sounds rather pricey for what you get, IMO.

YMMV.

I was concerned about the price also. I emailed royal who got the tour people to send me a picture of the jeeps. I ended up booking this for my wife and i and our 10 year old son.

It look like it was off the main roads, showed going thru a creek and then a jungle pic. The jeeps arent " monster" but do look like they have a 4-6" lift kit on them. Hope this helps.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

El Cedral? (southern end of island) El Gervasio? (Northern end - toward center of island) Where is the ruin? We just called RCCL and the agent didn't know the name of the ruin but said it appears as though it is located more toward the edge of the island....on a cliff- where there is a secluded beach too - we can't seem to find it on Google maps....hum...anyone have feedback? - mrvago@comcast.net- we'll be there on March 11 and are trying to set up the excursion...Thanks in advance for anyone's insight

El Cedral? (southern end of island) El Gervasio? (Northern end - toward center of island) Where is the ruin? We just called RCCL and the agent didn't know the name of the ruin but said it appears as though it is located more toward the edge of the island....on a cliff- where there is a secluded beach too - we can't seem to find it on Google maps....hum...anyone have feedback? - mrvago@comcast.net- we'll be there on March 11 and are trying to set up the excursion...Thanks in advance for anyone's insight

We ended deciding to splurge and book this excursion for my husband, my two boys ages 9 & 11, and myself. We cruise in 2 weeks! I'll report back after with how it went and some pictures!

El Cedral? (southern end of island) El Gervasio? (Northern end - toward center of island) Where is the ruin?

I thought it might be describing El Caracol, which is at Punta Sur park...and overly exaggerating the dirt road a little. But it sounds like the excursion takes the dirt road at the NE side where Quintana Roo C-1 and Transversal de Cozumel meet....the dirt road that goes out toward Punta Molas. There are a couple ruins out there...El Castillo Real and Aguada Grande. If that's the case, I would take this excursion in a heartbeat. Hardly anyone ever makes it out that way and every time I've tried, the road was closed.

Edited by Aquahound

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there - I'm communicating with the person who owns the Jeep/moped rental company hoping to determine if these ruins are by MOLO - I've seen videos on YouTube that is it looks like the road mentioned. I'll keep you posted when I learn more to see if you'd be interested in joining us.

Edited by mvago

• 2 weeks later...
We ended deciding to splurge and book this excursion for my husband, my two boys ages 9 & 11, and myself. We cruise in 2 weeks! I'll report back after with how it went and some pictures!

Hi there! Hope your vacation was great. We have been wondering about this excursion when we found your post on this thread and we're hoping you can offer us some feedback before we make a decision.

Thanks in advcance!

• 2 weeks later...

We did this excursion. It was awesome!! The ruin was small but the guides had good information. It was only a look out point right next to the water but the drive there was awesome. You are in a 4 wheel drive jeep and you literally go down a narrow rocky road to get to the site. You spend about 20 mins at the site then you start back and go to a private beach on the same road. Its only the people who are on the excursion with you. So about 20-25 people. You spend about 1 1/2 hrs there and they provide lunch and umbrellas. I was a very good day. Sunny and warm. The staff were amazing. Very nice and informative. I would definitely recommend this excursion. Its on the opposite side of the island and about a 30min drive off road to the site.

We did this excursion. It was awesome!! The ruin was small but the guides had good information. It was only a look out point right next to the water but the drive there was awesome. You are in a 4 wheel drive jeep and you literally go down a narrow rocky road to get to the site. You spend about 20 mins at the site then you start back and go to a private beach on the same road. Its only the people who are on the excursion with you. So about 20-25 people. You spend about 1 1/2 hrs there and they provide lunch and umbrellas. I was a very good day. Sunny and warm. The staff were amazing. Very nice and informative. I would definitely recommend this excursion. Its on the opposite side of the island and about a 30min drive off road to the site.

Did you have any pictures of this excursion? I'm looking at booking it for an upcoming cruise but its pretty expensive for the 4 of us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really? They ARE automatic? I thought all monster jeep types are standard transmission. This is awesome news. It doesn't say manual transmission in the description, but I thought maybe RC left it out accidentally.

We will be here in Jan., 2017, and I think we will book this.

Thank you to all who contributed here.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...