Cheers package--one does not drink for medical reasons-can other buy still?

1 hour ago, Verde Man said:

I do not understand the reason for this rule.  If you are limited to 15 drinks a day with the package, what difference does it make if one or two people drink.  As I understand once the limit of 15 is hit you start paying for the drinks for the rest of the day.

They only limit alcoholic beverages, not anything else like coffes, shakes, smoothies, bottled waters, etc. Keep in mind that Carnival is wel known as the "fun ship", so alcoholic purchases are probably a large part of their revenue stream. My guess is that people would seriously try to "cheat" if not everyone was on the program in the stateroom. 

Carnival knows, if one person purchases the Cheers package, it will be shared with their roommate.

I suggest purchasing Carnival's Cruise Cash Bar card.  You can purchase up to $500.00 per cabin vs. $490.41 pp.

Also, if you get off the ship when in port, unless it's HMC - Cheers is unless. 

3 hours ago, Verde Man said:

I do not understand the reason for this rule.  If you are limited to 15 drinks a day with the package, what difference does it make if one or two people drink.  As I understand once the limit of 15 is hit you start paying for the drinks for the rest of the day.

you are limited to 15 drinks that YOU can drink.. .people buy the package and only drink 5, 6, or 8 drinks a day.. they know the average amount of drinks that people drink using cheers. thats what the price point is configured for. if they allow more than one person to have the same 15 drinks, the average goes up... the price point goes up... and the cost to us will be more.

3 hours ago, Verde Man said:

Once you hit 15 drinks, you are not allowed to purchase additional drinks. Carnival likes to be the alcohol police. Lol

2 hours ago, bahacca said:

They only limit alcoholic beverages, not anything else like coffes, shakes, smoothies, bottled waters, etc. Keep in mind that Carnival is wel known as the "fun ship", so alcoholic purchases are probably a large part of their revenue stream. My guess is that people would seriously try to "cheat" if not everyone was on the program in the stateroom. 

Yep, 4 people in a  cabin, one buys Cheers and four would share the 15 alcoholic drinks, 30 sodas, 30 coffees, 5 milk shakes, 45 vitamin drinks, 90 bottles waters, etc...  a day...

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:41 PM, CoolOne56 said:

Carnival knows, if one person purchases the Cheers package, it will be shared with their roommate.

I suggest purchasing Carnival's Cruise Cash Bar card.  You can purchase up to $500.00 per cabin vs. $490.41 pp.

Also, if you get off the ship when in port, unless it's HMC - Cheers is useless. 

Update: 

CHEERS! is not offered on the following:

• 2-day cruises
  • Charter cruises 
  • Ships sailing from Australia (Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend)
  • Beverage purchases made at Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays in The Bahamas