This may be a really stupid question but about the wine

Rainbowfalls

So while at the store last night I was browsing the wine selection in preparation for our cruise and I came across bottles of skinny girl ready made cocktails. I compared them to the wine bottles of skinny girl and they look semi identical except it has margarita across the bottle but it's really not that noticeable least it took me a moment to notice it wasn't wine lol. And it is within carnivals 750ml size. Anyways just wondering if anyone has tried and succeeded in swapping this out with wine instead.

I have done this numerous times. No problem at all.

ahmazing!!! thank you :)!! Is there anyone in particular you would recommend?

I really like your idea. Plus I always slide my bottle into a wine sleeve, just for one more layer of protection.....which I'm glad since I had one break and all the glass was in one spot then.

Thank you I thought it would be neat if so since I am not a true fan of wine and they look so much alike bottle wise! That's such a good idea too about putting it in the wine sleeve. I am always afraid of it breaking and going all over my stuff lol.

Edited by Rainbowfalls

I would think you should be okay, unless the security guard checking it is having a really day lol. They just don't want you brining on a 750ml of straight vodka.

I agree. I once took a bottle of champagne and the security person was a stickler. I had to point out it said Sparkling Wine on the bottle.:rolleyes: That woman was not a brainiac and was trying to play the role of bad cop. She was checking every ones bottles.

That was when the rules stated wine and did not list Champagne.

If it is a blended wine drink you won't have a problem. My wife brought on some kind of fizzy peach bellini style wine, and I had chocolate wine. As long as the bottle says "wine" on it somewhere it shouldn't be an issue whatsoever.

I suggest trying out different flavors at home, before you cruise. I know someone said they liked the skinny girl margarita flavor but I got a bottle for my birthday and I thought it was so bad I actually poured it down the drain. ( I know, alcohol abuse!)

So plan a fun evening of taste testing!

The only one I've tried and love is the Margarita one, since margarita's are my drink of choice. :D

I thought about getting that one and then one of the pina colada I mean both are very tropical-ally lol

I would think you should be okay, unless the security guard checking it is having a really day lol. They just don't want you brining on a 750ml of straight vodka.

omg both times so far we have had security issues. The first time they checked our bag saying it smelled weird...It was a new bag from kohls so really? then we had to be searched upon coming back to port I think we was flagged from the beginning when they checked. Then the last cruise we had them go through all our belongings after it was scanned because it "wasn't a clear scan"... it wasn't fun having my undermentionalables on a table for all to see. I swear if I am checked like that this time I will probably cry lol.

I agree. I once took a bottle of champagne and the security person was a stickler. I had to point out it said Sparkling Wine on the bottle. That woman was not a brainiac and was trying to play the role of bad cop. She was checking every ones bottles.

That was when the rules stated wine and did not list Champagne.

omg, I hate it when people try to show up like that....seriously it wasn't like it was as the other person stated vodka or something similar you was following the rules so why make your life and their life harder lol.

If it is a blended wine drink you won't have a problem. My wife brought on some kind of fizzy peach bellini style wine, and I had chocolate wine. As long as the bottle says "wine" on it somewhere it shouldn't be an issue whatsoever

That sounds delish! well both do :D My dad is looking for a "wine" that isnt a wine I will recommend for him to look into that he loves himself some fruity drinks lol.

I suggest trying out different flavors at home, before you cruise. I know someone said they liked the skinny girl margarita flavor but I got a bottle for my birthday and I thought it was so bad I actually poured it down the drain. ( I know, alcohol abuse!)

So plan a fun evening of taste testing!

omg, the horror!!! it's ok I understand I typically subject any alcohol to abuse if no one finishes it for me. I can only sip small amounts without feeling like I am about to hurl but I loooooveee the taste of some and social drinking is fun too! But that is a great idea and a great idea for a pre cruise party lol.

If you bring on a couple of cans of soda, you can stretch that drink a little further - I sometimes do that at home too, fresh out of the bottle seems a little strong to me for an afternoon drink, or I am flying high and forget to serve dinner!!