joining other diners on Veranda

alainciao

We will be gold on our next cruise on the Voyager but I have a question I should already know the answer to. We love to eat on the veranda when conditions are nice. However, many times there are no two tops. I have always thought it would be intrusive to ask to be seated at a 4 top where two folks are seated and there are usually plenty of these. Do you think asking the waiter to ask the other diners if they mind being joined is a polite thing to do? How do you handle this? We'll be on for 40 days so a lot of opportunity for this situation to arise. Thanks

We were asked if we would have a shared table at Le Verhanda one evening, as there were no tables for 2 left. It was an indoor table and it was fine. It's slightly different than CR shared table as you are eating at different times with the anti pasta area and desert buffet, but it was fine, and allowed ourselves and the other 2 people to all enjoy the grand food. We both really enjoy Le Verhanda in the evening, should have said Sette Marie. :)

Usually you need to arrive either early or late for a window table for 2.

Interesting response. I think that we might be a tad uncomfortable eating our food if people were just being seated at our table. I think I would rather wait for a table for two if I could not join another table at the same time they were being seated. It might be possible to find another couple in line that also would like a table for two. Now that I've thought about it for a minute, that is exactly what we would do.

P.S. alainciao, it is not surprising that you don't know the answer as I do not recall the subject every coming up. We're Platinum and were really not sure:-)

Edited by Travelcat2

When we want to eat outside on a table for 2 we go at 6:30 when Sette Marie opens for dinner. Never a problem to get a table and also a table that isn't opposite the doors unless you like a swoosh of ice cold air every time someone goes in or out!

We will be gold on our next cruise on the Voyager but I have a question I should already know the answer to. We love to eat on the veranda when conditions are nice. However, many times there are no two tops. I have always thought it would be intrusive to ask to be seated at a 4 top where two folks are seated and there are usually plenty of these. Do you think asking the waiter to ask the other diners if they mind being joined is a polite thing to do? How do you handle this? We'll be on for 40 days so a lot of opportunity for this situation to arise. Thanks

If you asked me, I would invite you to join us. On the other hand, I don't feel comfortable making the same request; therefore, when i want to get a table outside, i get to La Verandah when it opens. I have also been known to go to the deck above La Verandah and walk down the rear stairs and get a table before they even open.

Marc

Macq - I love the back door approach! I have to tell you I would be the person that says come join us - you just might meet the best friends you never had. My husband and I love talking to people and learning about others, however as much as I would love to ask "can we join you" - I wouldn't for lots of reasons.