Shoes

silverbutterfly

We are going to Universal Studios before our 7 day western Caribbean. Our ports are Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize and Mahogany Bay and we will most likely be cave tubing, zip lining, going to Chankanaab and seeing the ruins. I plan on bringing tennis shoes for everyone for Universal but what else should we bring? There are 5 of us so I want to pack as light as possible. Thanks!

In addition to the tennis shoes, I would bring cheap water shoes that can be used on the beach or pool side (Wall mart already has them as does Target), sandals for casual and a dress pair of shoes.

Hey stuff the carryons!!!!

No weight limit, and makes for more room.

Enjoy

Another option, if time allows, it to get good water shoes. LL Bean, REI, etc. They can be worn barefoot or with socks. They have full soles so could work to walk around universal. Note, you will get wet at Universal on some rides. I said "if time allows" because you would want to break in the shoes before you go. Blisters are no fun. In any event, bring blister band-aids from home. They work wonders.

In addition to the tennis shoes, I would bring cheap water shoes that can be used on the beach or pool side (Wall mart already has them as does Target), sandals for casual and a dress pair of shoes.

I don't think you will need sandals but agree with the rest plus tennis shoes.

Another option, if time allows, it to get good water shoes. LL Bean, REI, etc. They can be worn barefoot or with socks. They have full soles so could work to walk around universal. Note, you will get wet at Universal on some rides. I said "if time allows" because you would want to break in the shoes before you go. Blisters are no fun. In any event, bring blister band-aids from home. They work wonders.

You might also check Columbia, either on line or at a local retailer. Their water shoes look like tennis shoes, and, with socks, are good for walking on dry land. They're moderately priced, and far better than el cheapo water shoes like you'd find at Walmart.

I agree with water shoes for the beach, sneakers for touring and around the ship. boys can wear the sneakers to the MDR, girl would probably enjoy a nice pair of sandals, not so fancy that you wouldn't want her to wear them around the ship. Not flip-flops. EM

I would actually not get the better water shoes for the kids, since kids outgrow their shoes so quickly, that's pretty pricey. I would vote for the kids, sneakers for Universal and any walking/hiking excursions on the ship, cheap water shoes for pool or walking around the ship during the day, and nicer shoes for night/dinner.

I have season pass for Universal. I love that place! If your kids are Harry Potter fans, I would consider purchasing wands, robes, etc PRIOR to going to the park. Very expensive.

I just spent the weekend there and would not recommend water shoes for the parks, stick with sneakers! If you take a backpack you can put some cheap flip flops in it. The rides have free lockers that you can stow the backpack in. That way you can have DRY feet while walking to the next attraction.

If you go to Universal during summer break it will be extremely crowded with long waits for the lines. If you stay at Hard Rock, Portafino, or Royal Pacific you will be given Fast Passes that allows you to skip through the lines quickly ( think FTTF for the park). However these can't be used at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter or the Gringots attractions, which are very popular. Another advantage at staying on property is 1 hour early admission to Islands of Adventure. (You can also purchase Fast Pass 2 the gate)

If staying at the park is not an option, good idea to utilize the single rider line. We do this a lot. If its a first visit for your family I wouldn't recommend this at WWHP because going through the castle is a lot of fun.

Try to take first aid supplies for your cruise, band aids, Tylenol, etc. Also Sunscreen is a must! Very expensive on the ship and in ports.

Most important thing to pack is an open mind and a sense of adventure.

Enjoy your cruise!

Carnival

2 adults

1 14 year old boy

1 12 year old boy

1 9 year old girl

Him:

sneakers or similar

flip-flops (thongs)

water shoes

leather shoes for boarding, evening dining & bars

Kids:

the same

Her:

brown high heels

black high heels

gold high heels

silver high heels

sparkly high heels

green high heels

red high heels

blue high heels

brown flats

black flats

gold flats

silver flats

sparkly flats

green flats

red flats

blue flats

brown sandals

black sandals

gold sandals

silver sandals

sparkly sandals

green sandals

red sandals

blue sandals

red sandals

blue sandals

brown sneakers

black sneakers

gold sneakers

silver sneakers

sparkly sneakers

green sneakers

red sneakers

blue sneakers

red sneakers

blue sneakers

brown water shoes

black water shoes

gold water shoes

silver water shoes

sparkly water shoes

green water shoes

red water shoes

blue water shoes

red water shoes

blue water shoes

Then, in the next suitcase ..........

JB :)

Him:

sneakers or similar

flip-flops (thongs)

water shoes

leather shoes for boarding, evening dining & bars

Kids:

the same

Her:

brown high heels

black high heels

gold high heels

silver high heels

sparkly high heels

green high heels

red high heels

blue high heels

brown flats

black flats

gold flats

silver flats

sparkly flats

green flats

red flats

blue flats

brown sandals

black sandals

gold sandals

silver sandals

sparkly sandals

green sandals

red sandals

blue sandals

red sandals

blue sandals

brown sneakers

black sneakers

gold sneakers

silver sneakers

sparkly sneakers

green sneakers

red sneakers

blue sneakers

red sneakers

blue sneakers

brown water shoes

black water shoes

gold water shoes

silver water shoes

sparkly water shoes

green water shoes

red water shoes

blue water shoes

red water shoes

blue water shoes

Then, in the next suitcase ..........

JB :)

You are obviously and experienced cruiser and know how to treat a lady!;)

We are going to Universal Studios before our 7 day western Caribbean. Our ports are Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize and Mahogany Bay and we will most likely be cave tubing, zip lining, going to Chankanaab and seeing the ruins. I plan on bringing tennis shoes for everyone for Universal but what else should we bring? There are 5 of us so I want to pack as light as possible. Thanks!

All you need are the tennis shoes and one pair of nice shoes if you want to eat in the main dining room on formal night (or whatever they are calling it now). If you are willing to eat in the buffet on formal nights, then all you need are tennis shoes.