What do Grandparents need to travel with gkids?

kayhold

We've got a very large group coming with us, and one is bringing her granddaughter who is a minor.

I got 2 different answers from Carnival.

Aside from a notarized letter, does she to bring anything else to bring her grandchild?

I traveled with my friend's family back in 2004 & my parents just sent along a notarized letter. That's all they wanted. I of course also had to have proper ID (used driver's permit & birth certificate at the time). I am divorced & traveled alone with my 2 kids last week & when I asked about documentation all Carnival mentioned was maybe a notarized letter. (I ended up forgetting it at home, but fortunately they didn't even ask for it. I am listed on their BCs which we used for their proof of citizenship though).

We've got a very large group coming with us, and one is bringing her granddaughter who is a minor.

Aside from a notarized letter, does she to bring anything else to bring her grandchild?

What age is the minor?

I'm taking my two granddaughters on a cruise next week (ages 10 and 8). I have certified copies of their birth certificates, "Consent to Travel" form with notarized signatures of both parents that also authorizes me to seek and/or approve medical treatment that the girls might require. I also have copies of their insurance cards.

I'm taking my two granddaughters on a cruise next week (ages 10 and 8). I have certified copies of their birth certificates, "Consent to Travel" form with notarized signatures of both parents that also authorizes me to seek and/or approve medical treatment that the girls might require. I also have copies of their insurance cards.

This is the best answer for anyone traveling with a child who is not their own.

Do not forget local health provider info.

I know a family that traveled without it and they would not treat a child with high temp in florida (Canadian family) without a credit card on file.

Might be tempted to buy an insurance package for the duration of the trip - not just the cruise portion.

We traveled with our grandbabies (9 and 7) on a cruise last year, and we had a notarized

letter and a medical permission letter from their parents and their insurance cards.

You can find the forms on line.

My parents took my 3 boys on a cruise about 4 years ago. I wrote a letter giving them permission to travel with them and had it notarized. They also had their birth certificates. This is what my mom's PVP told her she would need. She already carries an extra health insurance card I gave her for emergencies.

She was never asked to show the letter but I would have one regardless.

Just FYI. I traveled in October on the Glory with my two minor children who have a different last name than I do. I was worried about the same things and from advice here I took all the relevant paperwork (including their fathers death cert). They both have their passport. The TSA agent asked my 14 yo who she was traveling with because we checked in at different lines but other than that, no one at airline or Carnival or customs on return looked twice at the difference.

My parents took my 3 boys on a cruise about 4 years ago. I wrote a letter giving them permission to travel with them and had it notarized. They also had their birth certificates. This is what my mom's PVP told her she would need. She already carries an extra health insurance card I gave her for emergencies.

She was never asked to show the letter but I would have one regardless.

Regular insurance usually doesn't cover medical expenses out of the US or onboard.

Do not forget local health provider info.

I know a family that traveled without it and they would not treat a child with high temp in florida (Canadian family) without a credit card on file.

Might be tempted to buy an insurance package for the duration of the trip - not just the cruise portion.

I do not believe this story for one second. There is no place on God's green earth that would not treat a child needing medical attention. A short phone call may be needed, but the child will be cared for.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk