Getting Concerned About Late Departures on Escape

riddle

I know what timelines are advised for return flights but I also know what time we usually get on the road (we usually drive, usually go out of Miami and either use easy walk off or priority debarkation). With that in mind I have a 10:40 am flight out of FLL (from my Escape cruise next week).

I plan to be one of the first ones in line for easy walk off, hop on one of the buses going to FLL and hope for the best. I did not want to wait for a pick up service as I was afraid it would wait to fill up but I know the buses will do that too.

It may seem crazy, but certain conditions made this the best option.

What concerns me is that I keep hearing on CC that the Escape is slow to debark. Who has experience with easy walk off on the Escape? Thanks

I know what timelines are advised for return flights but I also know what time we usually get on the road (we usually drive, usually go out of Miami and either use easy walk off or priority debarkation). With that in mind I have a 10:40 am flight out of FLL (from my Escape cruise next week).

I plan to be one of the first ones in line for easy walk off, hop on one of the buses going to FLL and hope for the best. I did not want to wait for a pick up service as I was afraid it would wait to fill up but I know the buses will do that too.

It may seem crazy, but certain conditions made this the best option.

What concerns me is that I keep hearing on CC that the Escape is slow to debark. Who has experience with easy walk off on the Escape? Thanks

Where is the ship docking? If in Fort Lauderdale you should be okay.

If you are docking in Miami you are in trouble. You need to be the very first person off the ship and run to the nearest cab and pray you make it.

If by "hop on one of the buses going to FLL" you are referring to the NCL transfers it is highly unlikely they will sell you a ticket for that transfer. Your flight is 110 minutes sooner than NCL's earliest recommended flight time for FLL when disembarking at PortMiami:

https://www.ncl.com/getting-to-the-pier/transfers-and-car-services

Edited by fishywood

Don't do it.

You are arriving to Miami.

The drive will take around 45 minutes but it could be longer if weather is bad or an accident etc.

Fort Lauderdale can be a zoo. It was last week.

And you could be the lucky one who customs stops in Miami to go through your luggage. It does happen.

I would not do this but I don't care for stress.

Keith

You should be posting this question on the NCL website although we all know that disembarkation times vary from cruise to cruise.

Unfortunately because I am flying Allegiant there are no other flights to Cincinnati on Saturday. I made a reservation with SAS and will just have to hope for the best. Thanks

Forget SAS and, as others have advised, be among the very first off and get a cab (I wouldn't even take the time to organize an Uber ride).

Make sure you have an alternative plan if you miss your flight (where to stay, next available flight, etc.).

After reading the most recent few weeks of trip reports, I did change our flights for this weekend. We were on the 11:50am but now on the 1:10pm departure to be on the safe side despite maybe losing my upgrade to first. It's just not worth the stress to get home a few hours earlier.

Forget SAS and, as others have advised, be among the very first off and get a cab (I wouldn't even take the time to organize an Uber ride).

Make sure you have an alternative plan if you miss your flight (where to stay, next available flight, etc.).

I agree, do not take SAS. Hop in a cab and hope you make it.