Another Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Question

UTVolsFan4Life

My main goal for booking at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina is that I want to wake up and see my ship the Carnival Conquest. I have booked a INTRACOASTAL VIEW ROOM W/ BALCONY - 2 DBL BED and based on what I think I am learning from CC, I may be in the wrong room type.:eek:

Can those of you that have stayed at this hotel recently and had the type of room that I need to see the ships please let me know what type room you booked and the room number?

Thanks in Advance!

Also be sure to check out trip advisor.

Often there is a section under the hotel with information on room tips.

Keith

Thanks Keith! I checked trip advisor and I think I found what I'm looking for, but I'm still a bit confused. To add to the confusion, every time I call the local number for the hotel they never answer so, I get thrown to the national Hilton number and the person that set up my reservation did not know the property well enough.

I THINK you want the "water view" to see the cruise terminal. This is only based on reading the description as when we have stayed there we had "pool view."

Thanks! I found the hotels page on that site that cannot be spoken and asked them about the correct room type. I will see what they say.

Not directly related, but we stayed at the Hilton Marina a couple weeks ago and wanted to pass along some comments.

We were in a remodeled, marina view, room in the "tower". The room was obviously newly remodeled because of all the new, and modern, fixtures in the room. Based on this alone, it would have been fine.

We had a couple issues with this room, which I believe was considered a standard room. First, the room was very small, but manageable for one night. Secondly the bathroom was huge. A huge bathroom sounds great doesn't it? However, the "useable" space was severely limited. The bathroom had a big, and nicely appointed, shower (no bathtub). The stool was in a corner by itself.

The big problem was the area around the new modern sink; there was nearly none. There was some typical hotel stuff around the sink, but there was no room for any personal items. At first we thought that there was no hair dryer, but my wife later found it stuffed behind the towels in the small self for towels. (BTW - - There was almost no place to hang towels.)

I know this all sounds confusing, so to recap: 1) limited space in the bedroom area, and 2) huge square footage in the bathroom, but a very high percentage of this space was open and unusable. It was really weird just to walk into this huge bathroom that was mainly just open floor space.

Based on our experience with this room, we will not return.

We had a "WATER VIEW - TOWER-KING BD" room booked in 2014 and had a perfect view of the port.

This! Make sure you book a tower room. We also had a tower, king bed with a water view. Fabulous views of the ships from here.

Not directly related, but we stayed at the Hilton Marina a couple weeks ago and wanted to pass along some comments.

We were in a remodeled, marina view, room in the "tower". The room was obviously newly remodeled because of all the new, and modern, fixtures in the room. Based on this alone, it would have been fine.

We had a couple issues with this room, which I believe was considered a standard room. First, the room was very small, but manageable for one night. Secondly the bathroom was huge. A huge bathroom sounds great doesn't it? However, the "useable" space was severely limited. The bathroom had a big, and nicely appointed, shower (no bathtub). The stool was in a corner by itself.

The big problem was the area around the new modern sink; there was nearly none. There was some typical hotel stuff around the sink, but there was no room for any personal items. At first we thought that there was no hair dryer, but my wife later found it stuffed behind the towels in the small self for towels. (BTW - - There was almost no place to hang towels.)

I know this all sounds confusing, so to recap: 1) limited space in the bedroom area, and 2) huge square footage in the bathroom, but a very high percentage of this space was open and unusable. It was really weird just to walk into this huge bathroom that was mainly just open floor space.

Based on our experience with this room, we will not return.

Sounds like you had a Handicap Room. We had one like this in a different hotel recently, so I know what you are talking about. Do not give up on the hotel because of this alone.

Sounds like you had a Handicap Room. We had one like this in a different hotel recently, so I know what you are talking about. Do not give up on the hotel because of this alone.

I don't think so. There were no handicap bars in the bathroom, and the main bedroom was so crowded a wheelchair could not have moved.

Do they have a free shuttle to the port?

No, I don't believe so, but maybe someone that has stayed there can answer. I believe that they have a package that includes a transfer to the port and breakfast for 2 people. That does not include the $25 per day to park. We'll be driving to the port to park.

This! Make sure you book a tower room. We also had a tower, king bed with a water view. Fabulous views of the ships from here.

From everything I have seen it seems that I need the Water View - Tower with Double Beds. Still no response from my post on that site that cannot be mentioned.

We too wanted a room in the tower overlooking the port and I paid a little extra for it. I think that’s what I have, but to be sure, I called back about three days after I made the reservation and asked lady to make sure I had a port view tower room. She assured me that we did. So, that’s about all I can do, so we’ll see what happens.

From everything I have seen it seems that I need the Water View - Tower with Double Beds. Still no response from my post on that site that cannot be mentioned.

Yes, that's exactly what you need.

This is from the Hilton site:

WATER VIEW -MARINA TOWER RM-BALCONY-2 DBL BDS

Panoramic views of the water and skyline, furnished balconies are on offer in these 350 sq. ft. rooms located on a high floor. Enjoy stunning views of the Intracoastal Waterway and majestic cruise ships along Port Everglades or take in a 180 degree view of the city and our hotel's palm tree-sprinkled pool area. Two full-sized beds outfitted in fresh, crisp linens allow you to relax while you enjoy unobstructed views through floor-to-ceiling windows. This room offers a flat-screen HDTV, ergonomic chair and work desk as well as WiFi throughout the hotel. No rollaway beds available.

HH_marinatower2ng001_386x310_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg

Earlier this afternoon I received a response from my post to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. The answer is...(drum roll please)...

Kenyon, Our water view marina tower rooms are located on a high floor and offer views of the Intracoastal Waterway and cruise ships along Port Everglades. Please private message us or give us a call at (954) 463-4000 if you'd like us to locate your reservation for you to let you know what room category you're currently booked in. Warm Regards, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

Therefore, I did confirm that I had booked the incorrect room type and I have gone online and made the change. :D

If you're a Hilton Honors member (free to sign up) you'll have the option to go online and pick your room a day or two before you arrive. The site will display a map of the property and all available rooms. If you want a port view, reserve a tower room and choose a high floor facing the front. FWIW, you will also be facing the highway -- back of the building overlooks the pool and marina, much better views IMO since the port itself is very industrial looking.

If you're a Hilton Honors member (free to sign up) you'll have the option to go online and pick your room a day or two before you arrive. The site will display a map of the property and all available rooms. If you want a port view, reserve a tower room and choose a high floor facing the front. FWIW, you will also be facing the highway -- back of the building overlooks the pool and marina, much better views IMO since the port itself is very industrial looking.

Thanks! I am a Hilton Honors member so, I have already downloaded the app and I will be keeping a watch on when I can check in. I believe that I can also use the app as a room key. From the pictures that I have seen, I have to agree that the back offers the better view, however, I'm not going for the best view. I want to be able to sit on my balcony and watch the ships come in and then have the others in our group see the ship when they wake up that morning.

Call the hotel directly and tell them you want a high floor so you can see the cruise ships in port.

Its got to be a high floor so you can see over the 17th Street Bridge.

It's really a fantastic hotel.

We were just there

We used Honors points and were in the tower but only 5th floor so really couldnt see the port area as the bridge was in the way

We had an updated room and since it was free we were more than happy

We kept reading reviews that were mixed and were a bit concerned

Check in and out was quick and easy and we got there about 230....since we arrived on a Wednesday and only 4 ships leaving Thursday it was pretty quiet

Shuttle is 6 per person and can be reserved day of departure and they were leaving every thirty mins...we were gonna do taxi but this shutlle was perfect

Gbar had pretty good food too

We were at this hotel Jan 22 & 23. Had a Water View - Tower 2 Dbls ROOM 1108.

Eleventh floor. Sat on balcony with a bottle of wine and cheese and watched all 6 ships

sail out on Sat Jan 23. Our cruise left on the 24th. Priceless..

Thank you BlueHerons! I needed to hear that from a local! I've been looking at other options for our stay due to the negative reviews. Now, I'm more inclined to give it a try!

A very wise friend told me one time to look up my absolute favorite hotel in the world on trip advisor (St. Regis NYC) and read the reviews. You'll find bad reviews about some of the best hotels in the world.

If by chance you get a room you aren't happy with, refuse it. Go immediately back down to check in and ask for a better room.

If they will not accommodate you, call the hotel's 800 number from the lobby. They'll fix it.