New Cruise Director Schedule 01/29/16

firemanbobswife

Strange...looks like we have two cruise directors on our 3/5 Sunshine cruise. It says Matt Mitcham 2/21-3/5, and Donkey Salazar from 2/21 to May 2016.

Matt will be the CD for the 2/21/16 - 3/5/16 Journeys cruise then he will go to Europe to get the Vista ready.

I don't see Felipe anywhere .... :confused:

n/m ... Fascination. Whew!

Felipe will pretty much always be on whatever ship is going from San Juan. If the ship changes, as it has recently done from the Valor to Liberity and soon to Fascination, he will move ships. We have cruised with him a few times and he has stated multiple items he loves the itinerary. Plus he is very fluent in spanish, a absolute must on this itinerary.

Does anyone have an opinion on Saffie Midgley? She will be on our Miracle cruise at the end of April.

I never gave much thought to the CD but after reading opinions on here I have really thought back to our experiences and noticed where the CD disappointed. I'm hoping this cruise will have a funner bunch of happenings than just the run of the mill trivia and bingo.

Edited by oneteeny

I thought that too but it appears there will be a new Entertainment Director and not some new guy named Ed joining as a Cruise Director. :)

Ahh thanks! LOL. I didn't put two and two together. New Ed sounded kinda cool.

Hmmm their replacing Kevin Donahue with Chloe Loddo just before our cruise on Splendor. I've heard Kevin is an Awsome CD but looks like he wont be CD on Splendor after April 3rd. Anyone know anything about Chloe?

We had Chloe on our Dream cruise in May. She was very good at getting people involved and really seemed to enjoy her job. We really liked her.

She was an assistant on one of our cruises last year and we really liked her. She was so easy to talk to and was great at getting people involved. We loved her accent and she told us she used to have the nickname "Giggles".

What type of accent does she have? Is she British?

...and thanks for the info!

Does anyone have an opinion on Saffie Midgley? She will be on our Miracle cruise at the end of April.

I recently sailed with her on the Triumph. I thought she was OK, not terribly distinctive. I could say the same about Eric B., whom others in this thread seemed to like more than I did (I sailed with him on the Conquest in December).

She did have her hands full in one respect - due to rocky seas, we had to delay one of our production shows for a day. Comedy and karaoke were moved to accommodate this. Later on, we lost a night of comedy when the comedian couldn't make it to our ship. She did a good job of keeping us informed of the changes, and to the extent she had a hand in which changes were made, I salute her.

Back on the original subject, I have cruises scheduled for November on the Splendor and in February '17 on the Pride. Neither of them have cruise directors scheduled yet. It's OK; I can wait.

Edited by Honolulu Blue

• 2 weeks later...

My Cruise Director changed and now I'm going to have DUSTIN GABRIEL . Can anyone tell me anything about him ? Thanks...

As info... a Cruise Directors job is to be out and about all over the ship, mingling with their passengers, overseeing and making sure everyone is having fun and enjoying themselves. The Entertainment Director is the one who makes the schedule up, does all the paperwork and makes sure the entire Entertainment Staff is keeping the passengers happy and busy, along with the Cruise Director... The Cruise Director use to do it all, including the paperwork and making up the schedules but now some of the ships are having the Entertainment Director do all the back office work for them..

:)