New Cruise Director Schedule 01/29/16

firemanbobswife

What about Jen Baxter, anyone ever sail with her?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Don't like her schtick, but was impressed with how she acted on the Triumph disaster videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I know I am not up-to-date, but, who will the CD be for the Magic for the June 11th cruise?

Eversen. You may want to cancel. He's very love or hate. Personally, firmly on the hate side for me. We will do everything possible, aside from not cruising, to avoid his ships.

Eversen. You may want to cancel. He's very love or hate. Personally, firmly on the hate side for me. We will do everything possible, aside from not cruising, to avoid his ships.

Cancelling over a Cruise Director?? Really?? That is kind of ridiculous. We had Eversen on the Magic in November and while he wasn't the best CD I have ever had, he was still a nice person.

We had Everson last summer on the Magic. We found him to be a lot of fun, very friendly to everyone, and was involved in activities all over the ship. I would definitely NOT cancel a trip just because he was the CD. To me having him on the ship would be a plus.

Edited by dave_k58

We had Everson last summer on the Magic. We found him to be a lot of fun, very friendly to everyone, and was involved in activities all over the ship. I would definitely NOT cancel a trip just because he was the CD.

I also loved him. His 80s "Name that tune" had me almost on the floor from laughter.

I think the only CD I might consider switching ships to avoid is Eric Brouman. "The voice from above" is one of the most annoying people on the planet. Hopefully he's the one that is leaving and that's why the new schedule isn't out yet.

But Eversen, Matt, and Mike are my favorites. You should have seen Matt and Eversen together. Hilarious!!!!!

Cancelling over a Cruise Director?? Really?? That is kind of ridiculous. We had Eversen on the Magic in November and while he wasn't the best CD I have ever had, he was still a nice person.

Saying to cancel was tongue in cheek. Forgot how literal one has to be here.

Edited by yo mammy
sp.

I also loved him. His 80s "Name that tune" had me almost on the floor from laughter.

I think the only CD I might consider switching ships to avoid is Eric Brouman. "The voice from above" is one of the most annoying people on the planet. Hopefully he's the one that is leaving and that's why the new schedule isn't out yet.

But Eversen, Matt, and Mike are my favorites. You should have seen Matt and Eversen together. Hilarious!!!!!

I don't think he is leaving. He just joined the Glory on Saturday.

What about Jen Baxter, anyone ever sail with her?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Cannot stand her. Sailed with her twice.

Honestly, I have no idea who most of my CDs have been (just off Carnival #25) but I remember her. Yeah, her schtick got old really, really quickly.

People rave about Matt, and, yes, he has a nice voice. Me, I'm over the whole English accent. Lived with a Brit for years. It doesn't make me swoon any longer. :p

Whomever we had on Splendor to Bermuda last fall was pretty good, but I tend to NOT do a lot of ship activities where the CD is involved. I honestly don't know what makes someone perceived as "good" or "not good."

I tend to notice their intrusive sales pitches. I can read the FunTimes/HUB. I don't need the interruptions telling me about bingo and jewelry sales every couple of hours.

Wasn't impressed with Jamie Dee, either.

I liked Risa on Fantasy (sailed with her 4 time I think, including B2B during Hurricane Sandy). Just a no-nonsense woman who seemed to keep things running smoothly.

I don't need a Head Comic on Board, but that appears to be what others want and perceive as entertaining.

People rave about Matt, and, yes, he has a nice voice. Me, I'm over the whole English accent. Lived with a Brit for years. It doesn't make me swoon any longer. :p

It's not necessarily the accent that I like about him. He wouldn't have to say a word [emoji6].

Honestly, I have no idea who most of my CDs have been (just off Carnival #25) but I remember her. Yeah, her schtick got old really, really quickly.

Whomever we had on Splendor to Bermuda last fall was pretty good, but I tend to NOT do a lot of ship activities where the CD is involved. I honestly don't know what makes someone perceived as "good" or "not good."

I tend to notice their intrusive sales pitches. I can read the FunTimes/HUB. I don't need the interruptions telling me about bingo and jewelry sales every couple of hours.

I liked Risa on Fantasy (sailed with her 4 time I think, including B2B during Hurricane Sandy). Just a no-nonsense woman who seemed to keep things running smoothly.

I don't need a Head Comic on Board, but that appears to be what others want and perceive as entertaining.

Kevin Donohue was the Splendor CD last October. I couldn't stand him at first, his voice annoyed me, but he was truly a nice person. He noticed me heading into a comedy show one night and I was not feeling well. None of my friends I was sailing with noticed it, but he took one look at me and asked me what was wrong, was I OK, did I need anything. That blew me away that my close friends couldn't tell I was feeling bad, but a complete stranger could.

Kevin Donohue was the Splendor CD last October. I couldn't stand him at first, his voice annoyed me, but he was truly a nice person. He noticed me heading into a comedy show one night and I was not feeling well. None of my friends I was sailing with noticed it, but he took one look at me and asked me what was wrong, was I OK, did I need anything. That blew me away that my close friends couldn't tell I was feeling bad, but a complete stranger could.

We have been on 69 cruises. Kevin Donohue is awesome. I couldn't name 5 past Cds, but he was so spot on. He seemed to work flawlessly with all level of guests and crew too. We booked a b2b on Elation this fall just to cruise with him again.

Kevin Donohue was on The Splendor last fall. We've sailed with him last September, January, February and March. He is now my very favorite cruise director. Absolutely the best. So much energy and just a very friendly guy. Cruising with him again in November, so I sure hope it's not him who is leaving. I'd be very disappointed. I sure wish John Heald would get that new schedule posted.