Getting off the Epic early in Europe

jinxyoz

You won't find it on the website because it's not something they want to encourage people to do. The answer is potentially different for every port/itinerary, every passenger (nationality/travel docs), and some aspects of the answer are out of NCL's control (local/national laws) and also subject to change without notice. You will hear about people's first-hand past experiences here, but your mileage may vary… This is a case where only NCL has the answer for you, but in the meantime why not ask around.

This year the Epic will have three different embarkation ports (Rome, Barcelona, Marseille), but they are still selling most cruises as round trips from one of those ports. If you say what custom itinerary you are hoping to do, maybe someone will have more specific advice for you.

If you had a medical reason or an emergency at home and needed to leave the ship they would not stop you from going. In all likelihood they would be helping you any way they could.

I have seen people disembark at mid cruise ports before, not that I had any reason to know why they were leaving but they were certainly leaving the ship with their suitcases in tow.

Good luck.

Rochelle

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As noted, the actual itinerary can affect this. If you are sailing totally within Schengen Agreement countries should not be an issue, but if not, there will need to be customs officials to clear you.

This NEEDS to be pre-arranged with the cruise line. They will help you make the arrangements and make sure shoreops is aware. Of course, you do not get any credit for unused days of your itinerary.

I don't know how long it is before you cruise but I would call NCL TODAY to get the ball rolling.

You are Australian on an "American" ship in Europe. The paperwork for NCL could be horrendous, probably why you cannot find anything online about it. If you had an EU passport it might be easier!!

Mike

I actually can help you with this,,,,yeah

I was on spirit out of Barcelona and the port I requested for an early departure was athens. I had booked through a ta. The ta had to contact NCL. It took about two weeks to get approval. I also called NCL direct and they said a supervisor would have to get back to me but put a note on my file.

I was worried because every Europe cruise I have taken, they take your passport at the beginning and give it back the night before. NCL and my ta both assured me this would not happen.. Well, guess what..as soon as we got on the ship they took my passport. You just have to get it back the night before your departure.

The ship was unaware of the early departure. You have to tell them when u get on the ship and tell them you got permission. I never had anything in writing. I was told it was not necessary but I would get them to email you just so u do have something.

They said to make sure I knew I would still pay full fare which I did.

Hope this helps!! Europe is different than USA where there are issues for early departure.

My ship went to 12 places including out if the Schengen.

Edited by b_cruise

I've done this before but on a different line. As others have said, you must make arrangements ahead of time. I would bring any documentation with me on the ship if I were you and go to Guest Services early in the cruise to talk with them about it and make sure they're aware of your arrangements.