Coral Princess Aft Deck 11

firecapt25

I am booked in a inside cabin aft on deck 11, from a picture I have seen it looks like 2 doors that go out side is that a public area for viewing or private areas there no balconies there looking aft of the ship. Thanks for any help with this.

Deck 11 is where the upper guy in white is standing looking left by himself.

Yes all those areas are open to passengers.

photo-e.jpg

Edited by Colo Cruiser
  • Like 1

Here's a photo taken of the aft on Deck 11. It's a great quiet section of the ship. Not many people know about it:

8649517226_0be78b3515_z.jpg

Great shot - thanks!!! We're on Caribe deck close to the aft area on the port side (sorry if the terminology is wrong - relatively new to cruising...) We are looking forward to spending time here ... watching the world go by

can someone post a picture of the front viewing deck on the Coral, I assume the front view is better for Alaska, so you can see all the way around? thanks
As ColoCruiser mentioned, you can not see all around in the front viewing area on the Coral. There is a metal wall on either side that prevents that. But you still can get a sweeping view of what's in front of you:

7802842472_f464e0afd6_z.jpg

7802815942_0d0490b442_z.jpg

Here's a photo taken of the aft on Deck 11. It's a great quiet section of the ship. Not many people know about it:

8649517226_0be78b3515_z.jpg

Is the layout and access to the aft the same on the Caribe deck (I think that is Deck 10)? We have a cabin near the Aft on Caribe for Alaska in June so I'm curious too!

Is the layout and access to the aft the same on the Caribe deck (I think that is Deck 10)? We have a cabin near the Aft on Caribe for Alaska in June so I'm curious too!
Yes it is. I was only on Deck 11 (Baja), but I did take a picture looking down to Deck 10 (Caribe):

8649513070_168b1e3cc8_z.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, so it looks like the front of the ship is better for viewing Alaska is that correct? I was on the diamond and we could see from one side to the other, It's NOT like that correct?
That is correct. On the Diamond you were probably on that over the bridge deck, which provides a sweeping view in all directions. The forward viewing area on the Coral is actually below the bridge, and is restricted to only seeing ahead. It's still a great place to go, though.

You will love it back there! Favorite gathering spot for our family on two Coral cruises to Alaska. If you are on a Northbound cruise, you will get some great sun back there too! Makes for a great place to lay on one of the loungers in the sun and catch a mid-afternoon nap!

You will love it back there! Favorite gathering spot for our family on two Coral cruises to Alaska. If you are on a Northbound cruise, you will get some great sun back there too! Makes for a great place to lay on one of the loungers in the sun and catch a mid-afternoon nap!

Yes - we are Northbound from Vancouver on 6/25 - I can't wait! Our cabin is not way aft but I think what is called mid-Aft or something like that. We are in cabin C606. Is that anywhere near where you were? Location ok?

Thanks for the pictures, so it looks like the front of the ship is better for viewing Alaska is that correct? I was on the diamond and we could see from one side to the other, It's NOT like that correct?

Don't forget the Promenade Deck -- when the ship is lying alongside a glacier, the best place to be is on that side of the Promenade Deck. That's what makes Coral so perfect for Alaska -- all these choices!

That is correct. On the Diamond you were probably on that over the bridge deck, which provides a sweeping view in all directions. The forward viewing area on the Coral is actually below the bridge, and is restricted to only seeing ahead. It's still a great place to go, though.

Thanks, that helps alot :)

• 4 years later...

Yes, if you go AFT there is a "similar" deck but it's totally covered and has loungers all across the deck. It's our "balcony" when we sail Coral.  The window by the doorway is the window to the cabin we like to book. You can't see into the cabin during the day if the lightweight sheers are drawn (I have tried and can't see in at all). At night we pull the blackout curtains. It's only a few steps from our cabin door to this deck and it's usually deserted. Sometimes in the day there have been a few folks there. We love to go out there before dinner. We change clothes and hang out watching the dolphins in the wake. Stuff like that. It's great for a drink before bed, too. It's almost like having a huge private balcony.

This is Baja deck but there is a similar deck on Caribe as well. Both Baja and Caribe have these excellent Aft decks and both have the forward viewing decks with no furniture.

image.jpeg.52a1da62bc300ee882e57dfd71bb881b.jpeg

This is a view from that deck as ships gathered behind us to transit the Panama Canal.

image.thumb.jpeg.c807a1678b4cca8e010c6dfc559fe06a.jpeg

I don't have pictures but we once watched a huge lightning storm (in the distance) while on this deck. It was amazing.