Live...mostly...from Anthem

KarinaGW

We are on board Anthem. Suite on deck 12. It has certainly been an experience of a life time. It has given me new respect for this Amazing lady called Anthem of the Seas. She took those 150mph winds and 25+ft waves like a champ. And the Captain and crew are incredible. It was a treacherous situation and they handled it admirably. We are underway finally, still confined to cabin, awaiting 8am announcement.

Thank you for the update. I hope there were no serious injuries. We were praying for you all.

We are on board Anthem. Suite on deck 12. It has certainly been an experience of a life time. It has given me new respect for this Amazing lady called Anthem of the Seas. She took those 150mph winds and 25+ft waves like a champ. And the Captain and crew are incredible. It was a treacherous situation and they handled it admirably. We are underway finally, still confined to cabin, awaiting 8am announcement.

All of the local Orlando stations have reported the story this morning. One had a reporter at the port although they have said they don't know when Anthem will make it here, they are 12 hours behind schedule. They said that the coast guard has checked in with Anthem and no distress calls have come in. WFTV seems to have the most coverage and said they just received an announcement from Royal Caribbean, but of course it's "upcoming".

Edited by Javalava

All of the local Orlando stations have reported the story this morning. One had a reporter at the port although they have said they don't know when Anthem will make it here, but they are 12 hours behind schedule. They said that the coast guard has checked in with Anthem and no distress calls have come in. WFTV seems to have the most coverage and said they just received an announcement from Royal Caribbean, but of course it's "upcoming".

First, glad to hear that you are safe and moving now. I suspect that the announcement will be a missed port. I think it's unlikely that the passengers will all disembark (as previously reported by one person who turned out just to be making things up). Anxiously awaiting word to see if I will still be boarding on Saturday.

We are at Port Canaveral leaving on Enchantment this morning. I was saying yesterday how I was glad we were not sailing that day. Seas were rough here and it was so windy. I hope every one on board is ok. What time is it due in? Sounds like we might see her limp in before we leave.

All of the local Orlando stations have reported the story this morning. One had a reporter at the port although they have said they don't know when Anthem will make it here, they are 12 hours behind schedule. They said that the coast guard has checked in with Anthem and no distress calls have come in. WFTV seems to have the most coverage and said they just received an announcement from Royal Caribbean, but of course it's "upcoming".

It has been on Channel 7ABC news all morning, showing the same pics on this thread....the news is making very "light" of it.

UPDATE......GMA on 7, with George Stephonopolis, is going to do and updated segment this hour.

Edited by champagne123
ccccc

It has been on Channel 7ABC news all morning, showing the same pics on this thread....the news is making very "light" of it.

Just turned on the news and GMA was just starting. They are reporting it, too. I don't think that's taking light-- think of how often you see that on national news.

Now I'm going to have to deal with my mother freaking out from across the country and I'm not even onboard until Saturday!!

I usually sail on NCL and there are life jackets under the bed. I was just recently on the Breakaway, they are there. I was under the rule of in cabin and emergency place jacket on and head to muster. Or if out and about go directly to muster where they will be provided.

This! I am not sure why people are saying not having them in their room is safer and that you were supposed to go to your room to get them. They tell you at the muster drills on the cruises I have been on that if you are in your room that you take your vests to your muster stations. If you are NOT in your cabin then proceed straight you out station where you will be given one there.

Just turned on the news and GMA was just starting. They are reporting it, too. I don't think that's taking light-- think of how often you see that on national news.

Now I'm going to have to deal with my mother freaking out from across the country and I'm not even onboard until Saturday!!

Yes, I saw that as soon as I hit "submit reply" and I immediately edited my post. ABC7 did make light of it....if you watched...but it does not look like GMA will.

I sucked up the $8/min charge to call my parents. They are fine, thank God...and in good spirits even! I spoke to them a little over an hour ago & they said the seas were still a bit rough. They said it was scary, but were no where near as freaked out as I thought they'd be.

Thinking of everyone on board! Hope everyone gets some rest and food!

Watching today show and coming up is news on the ship, I'm going to assume Anthem, they showed inside damage but not the name of ship. Should be on with in the hour. Hope all are ok, my relatives are also on this cruise. Received a texted from mother in law late last night saying she would text in the morning.

I sucked up the $8/min charge to call my parents. They are fine, thank God...and in good spirits even! I spoke to them a little over an hour ago & they said the seas were still a bit rough. They said it was scary, but were no where near as freaked out as I thought they'd be.

Thinking of everyone on board! Hope everyone gets some rest and food!

Wonderful! So glad you have peace of mind:)

Good morning.

I can't add much more than earlier risers than I have said.

The sun is peaking through. The seas are quiet. And, the are passengers up hangout...and online at Guest Services. The captain is due to update us in half an hour.

I wish people both on and off ship would stop in pointless speculation about blame...that's almost more demoralizing than the event.

Edited by KarinaGW

Good morning.

I can't add much more than earlier risers than I have said.

The sun is peaking through. The seas are quiet. And, the are passengers up hangout...and online at Guest Services. The captain is due to update us in half an hour.

I wish people both on and off ship would stop in pointless speculation about blame...that's almost more demoralizing than the event.

Good morning

Thanks for all your updates Karina!

Glad you see a bit of sun ,hopefully much more on it's way :)

Reader